Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Ohio
Posted: 11/15/2018 4:55:12 PM EDT
Anyone else going to Richwood for the IDPA match this weekend?

I've done plenty of duck & goose hunting in less than pleasant weather, but for those I get to layer up and not sit around,  Any advice for dressing to shoot pistols in the cold?

thanks for your help!
Link Posted: 11/16/2018 10:20:37 AM EDT
[#1]
I don't shoot pistol matches, but have shot plenty of rifle matches in cold and various other poor weather.  Dress warm and layer up but make sure you can still move.  For me hand warmers are a must to keep dexterity for when it comes time to shoot.
Link Posted: 11/16/2018 11:27:33 AM EDT
[#2]
@TeeRex

Thanks for the advice.   I've got handwarms.  I use the ones for your feet since you can stick them pretty much anywhere ( I do calves & thighs to keep my lower half warm).   I'm just glad their not calling for rain or snow tomorrow.

I'll have to do some dry runs in the basement tonight to make sure I can still move.
Page Hometown » Ohio
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top