Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/5/2020 2:43:18 PM EDT
This is NOT an official post or anything, but I just found out that the IDARM 2020 tickets on are on sale already on independence training's website. If you don't want to miss out on some good shooting in shit weather and a good cause (proceeds are donated to phoenix children's hospital), I would advise getting in before it is sold out!

ETA: Forgot we have lots of new people and my post didn't have that much info. IDARM stands for Independence Day Action Rifle Match and has been an ongoing match for over a decade that is now run by Independence Training every July 4th. It is a rifle only match and is being held again in Casa Grande this year. The weather is hot as balls out, but the comradery/camaraderie (the dictionary lists them both, its a weird word.) is awesome and obviously the symbolism is as well. Check youtube for idarm as jeredmd, inrangetv, sinistralrifleman and others have videos from previous years.
Link Posted: 4/5/2020 11:13:13 PM EDT
[#1]
I'm in, had great fun last year.

Let's hope things are cleared up before then.

Here's a link to sign up:

IDARM 2020
Link Posted: 4/6/2020 12:39:32 AM EDT
[#2]
Already signed up. See ya there ladies.
Link Posted: 4/6/2020 12:59:23 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

IDARM 2020
View Quote

Thanks for linking, Im on a tablet and am being lazy.

Quoted:
View Quote

If your outfit is anything like last year, I'll probably see you more than the targets!

Link Posted: 4/6/2020 9:12:18 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

If your outfit is anything like last year, I'll probably see you more than the targets!

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

IDARM 2020

Quoted:

I'm planning to just shoot this year not RO, so probably not as crazy
Link Posted: 4/8/2020 4:48:29 AM EDT
[#5]
Anyone able to break down those classes for me? I'm wanting to get into rifle matches once crap clears up seems like this would be a fun one to go to.
Link Posted: 4/8/2020 11:58:09 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Anyone able to break down those classes for me? I'm wanting to get into rifle matches once crap clears up seems like this would be a fun one to go to.
View Quote

Hopefully someone remembers for sure and corrects whatever I get wrong, but as far as I remember:

Limited: irons or non magnified optic, 30 round mags and maybe no bipod? Maybe non optic pistol as well?
Tactical: magnified optics, 30 round mags and maybe no bipod? Maybe non optic pistol as well?
Open: anything and everything, optics, mags, bipods, etc.
Trooper: I'm pretty sure the same as open, but you have to carry everything on you the entire match (ammo, water, extra parts in case your firearms break), you might also have to do extra physical requirements (2 years ago that was the case, can't remember about last year), people run in armor here as well, but I don't think it's required, once again, could be totally wrong.

Heavy: large caliber weapons shoot in the classes above based on features, but only require one hit per target as opposed to the 2 hits that intermediate cartridges require.

This match always has awkward shooting angles and at least a couple pretty good distance targets. The heat (at least for me) screws with my mind and makes me forget everything I know, so it's a trip to shoot this match, you'll learn a lot about yourself and your shooting, that's for sure! Make sure to have sunscreen, keep your skin covered, and a lot of water and electrolytes (especially if running armor!).
Link Posted: 4/8/2020 12:27:47 PM EDT
[#7]
Rifle only event. no pistols.

No bipods for limited and tac scope divisions.
OPEN anything goes.
TROOPER anything goes but you have to carry it all on your person for the entire event.
Link Posted: 4/8/2020 1:07:26 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Rifle only event. no pistols.
View Quote

I'm an idiot, I even wrote rifle only in the OP...
Link Posted: 4/8/2020 2:46:46 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

I'm an idiot, I even wrote rifle only in the OP...
View Quote

No worries, this is a common mistake from over the past years I have assisted with running.  

I do not know what the rules/divisions will be for IDARM 2020.
Link Posted: 5/25/2020 12:55:36 AM EDT
[#10]
Independence Training has been talking about potentially moving the venue to Flagstaff, that might be nice and a little bit cooler. I'm signed up and ready to go either way. It's a little bit over 1 month out, anybody else here going?
Link Posted: 5/25/2020 1:06:29 AM EDT
[#11]
Is there a cap on the number of participants?  I'm interested but can't confirm yet.  I need to know if slots will sell out.
Link Posted: 5/25/2020 4:53:57 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Independence Training has been talking about potentially moving the venue to Flagstaff, that might be nice and a little bit cooler. I'm signed up and ready to go either way. It's a little bit over 1 month out, anybody else here going?
View Quote

Flag would be nice for this match. Is there a range in the area that could accommodate it?
Link Posted: 5/25/2020 4:58:36 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

No worries, this is a common mistake from over the past years I have assisted with running.  

I do not know what the rules/divisions will be for IDARM 2020.
View Quote

In the past there were specialty divisions, such as WWII (and I think WWI) rifles. I ran a Garand one year just for grins. It's not a rifle well suited to CQB, it seems. But it did smack steel nicely. It's a headache with all the reloading that has to be done on some of those high round count stages, but I did have fun shooting it, anyway.
Link Posted: 5/25/2020 1:27:41 PM EDT
[#14]
Some day I'll be home to run this match.

Link Posted: 5/26/2020 10:44:03 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Is there a cap on the number of participants?  I'm interested but can't confirm yet.  I need to know if slots will sell out.
View Quote

There has been a cap in the past, i would call or email glen if you are seriously interested and see what he says, he might be able to get you in last minute if necessary. As with most competitions, there are always a person or two who doesnt show up.

Glen said we should be knowing this week if its moving to flag, i really hope it does! Glen was also saying it was a private range it would be going to, unsure what that ranges capabilities are, but the casa grande pd range is pretty small, so it cant get any smaller i dont think?
Link Posted: 6/4/2020 4:40:34 PM EDT
[#16]
Just signed up

This will be in Flag this year.  GET HYPE
Link Posted: 6/4/2020 5:44:08 PM EDT
[#17]
Fuck yes! I'm excited! hoping to make a trip to the north rim area while I am up there too. Never been in that area. Hell I've never been to any areas of arizona that have trees, so I'm ready!
Link Posted: 6/25/2020 2:56:12 PM EDT
[#18]
Official email came out today, 9 days and counting! There are limited spots left, if youre on the fence you should totally come!
Link Posted: 7/3/2020 9:51:56 PM EDT
[#19]
Got the last spot for Limited this morning. See you all there.
Link Posted: 7/3/2020 10:24:57 PM EDT
[#20]
I will not be shooting this year due to some unforeseen issues.
Link Posted: 7/6/2020 6:49:27 PM EDT
[#21]
Does anyone have a lead on the results?
Link Posted: 7/7/2020 9:23:37 PM EDT
[#22]
Im sure you saw by now, but they got emailed out today (or at least i got it today when i got back into cell service). 58 of 72, i fucked up and got one of the no shoots on the mirrored stage, otherwise i woulda been 53rd, that would have felt a little better.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top