User Panel

Page Hometown » Iowa
Posted: 3/3/2022 12:00:39 AM EDT
IA HTF Range Day
4-10-22
Brushy Creek Shooting Range
09:00-15:00
Break for lunch at 12:00

Obvious 4 rules of firearms safety apply!
Never be afraid to YELL Ceasefire!
Stay behind designated firing line!
This is a DNR public range so we will possibly have to coordinate with others as to resetting targets.

Reminder like all shoots bring eye & ear pro, folding table, chairs, popup, and or whatever fits your needs.

Link Posted: 3/3/2022 12:34:03 AM EDT
[#1]

Link Posted: 3/3/2022 9:11:08 AM EDT
[#2]
I've never been to that range. Is there a fee? Are steel targets allowed? Is there any kind of rate of fire or type of ammo restriction?
Link Posted: 3/3/2022 12:45:58 PM EDT
[#3]
Range is free. Steel targets are allowed. No ammo or rate of fire restrictions that I’m aware of.

Edit to add
Definitely bring targets.
Link Posted: 3/3/2022 1:43:21 PM EDT
[#4]
It is a public DNR range. There are no RSOs. There are benches on site but they are in rough shape. The range could be a little muddy so I'd bring boots if it's rained in the last few days
Link Posted: 3/3/2022 8:20:11 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 3/4/2022 4:46:28 PM EDT
[#6]
Attachment Attached File

92FH+5Q Lehigh, Iowa

Click To View Spoiler

https://www.iowadnr.gov/Places-to-Go/State-Parks/Iowa-State-Parks/Brushy-Creek-State-Recreation-Area
Link Posted: 3/7/2022 10:49:38 AM EDT
[#7]
Awesome! I'll try to make it.
Edit: I forgot I'll be in Dallas on business.
Link Posted: 3/28/2022 11:49:19 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 4/5/2022 7:47:26 PM EDT
[#9]
Supposed to be some pretty nice weather on Sunday...
Link Posted: 4/6/2022 5:30:04 PM EDT
[#10]
Sorry boys. Not one, but two registered sporting clays shoots that day.
Link Posted: 4/7/2022 3:33:11 PM EDT
[#11]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Sorry boys. Not one, but two registered sporting clays shoots that day.
View Quote

Attachment Attached File

ETA
If you weren't talking about your schedule that is. Never been to brushy, but i wouldn't imagine much interference with the half dozen of us as a group down south
Link Posted: 4/8/2022 3:20:43 PM EDT
[#12]
I don’t believe this will be a problem as the clays are done on the North range and ours will be at the South range.

Sorry for dropping the ball on posting but I’ve been dealing with medical issues the past two weeks but I finally got them all worked out according to my angiogram yesterday. I’ll still try to give a firm handshake.
Link Posted: 4/9/2022 7:07:52 AM EDT
[#13]
I'll be there. Probably stay till around lunch. Have to get home and get packed for another week of training in Omaha. Look for the red f150 with the fishing decals in the back window
Link Posted: 4/9/2022 2:52:14 PM EDT
[#14]
Looking to swing by in the morning & do some shooting. It will be good to catch up with folks.
Link Posted: 4/10/2022 7:35:13 AM EDT
[#15]
Was really hoping to attend and meet everyone but due to the weather this last couple of weeks, my pond and range build at my new place has been pushed back so much I need to finish today.  Equipment is needed else where this coming week so no time to waste.  Be safe and have fun.  

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/10/2022 2:17:45 PM EDT
[#16]
Just getting home. I had a really good time putting some rounds down range & chatting up some Afrcom Iowa folks. It's always fun to have folks try out stuff they haven't shot before as well. I liked that range location.  If it was closer, I would hit it up more often. Thanks for the fun morning guys.
Link Posted: 4/10/2022 10:03:28 PM EDT
[#17]
Was a fun morning out shooting. The wind was a bitch with target stands but we made due. Definitely a little jealous of the toys that Catfish brought. Looking forward to the next one!!!
Link Posted: 4/11/2022 2:37:32 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 4/17/2022 8:12:20 PM EDT
[#19]
Had a great time it was really good to get back out shooting. Great meeting liljakec and CatfishHunter two really great dudes that definitely made a great day of shooting. Definitely will be getting a target stand set up as my Az stand or should I say fall over and not stand really didn’t cut it in the wind.lol

I look forward to having many more shoots, and I really hope to band the IAHTF together as a group. I hope to, and can’t wait to meet up with every single one of you!
Page Hometown » Iowa
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top