Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/27/2023 4:55:49 PM EDT
I'm in Pike County. The Dingmans Range is 5 minutes from my house and I went there months ago when I lived in nj. While it's a nice range it's small. I want an outdoor range. I keep looking at the SGL ranges but I heard some bad things about them.

I currently still hold my membership until the end of the month at Cherry Ridge in Highland Lakes nj but would much rather not drive into nj to go to the range.

I'm not completely opposed to driving.

So where does everyone go to shoot? Anyone have any suggestions? Anyone want to go with me?

It's been months since I've been to the range and I really want to go.

My daughter has been asking about going too, it's been a while since she's gone. She only likes shooting .22 though; she's afraid of the bigger stuff, so if there's any place with a dedicated. 22 range that would be awesome.

Thanks.
Link Posted: 5/27/2023 5:00:38 PM EDT
[#1]
I used to be a member of EFGA in Easton. They have an awesome dedicated rimfire range with lots of steel. It's cheap too, only $50 a year.
Link Posted: 5/27/2023 9:30:11 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By mak0:
I used to be a member of EFGA in Easton. They have an awesome dedicated rimfire range with lots of steel. It's cheap too, only $50 a year.
View Quote

Was just discussing the range with my daughter. She's on board for giving EFGA a go. It's about the same distance as Cherry Ridge would be.
Link Posted: 7/14/2023 5:51:43 PM EDT
[#3]
So I waited too long to join because my daughter has been wishy washy on the whole thing. Easton raised their prices to $75 a year plus a $50 initiation fee. She still wants to go to Cherry Ridge and I don't want to.

EFAG's website is confusing, I can create a membership with my name but there's no way to add a junior membership to it for my daughter. I can do a guest pass for her at an additional $75 but I'd rather do the junior pass. I'm assuming I'd have to create my account then go back in afterwards and add her?
Link Posted: 7/14/2023 6:09:28 PM EDT
[#4]
https://tommygunshootingrange.com/

out door range 100 yard to 600 yard steel targets
Link Posted: 7/14/2023 6:21:28 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By nyrifle:

View Quote

Stupid question, do they have an area to shoot .22? My daughter really loves shooting steel with a .22.
Link Posted: 7/16/2023 1:15:01 AM EDT
[#6]
that tommygun place is salty.
EFGA is a ripp off now. used to be cool.
Link Posted: 7/16/2023 7:10:34 AM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By TheTallest:

Stupid question, do they have an area to shoot .22? My daughter really loves shooting steel with a .22.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By TheTallest:
Originally Posted By nyrifle:

they will let you shoot 22
Link Posted: 7/16/2023 12:38:46 PM EDT
[#8]
I ended up joining Easton Fish and Game, figured it was the closest setup to what Cherry Ridge is. I wish I had joined when it was still $50 but whatever.

I took my daughter to the Dingmans Range this morning, she had fun but afterward said it was too crowded, hot and noisy and all the people in the shooting range made her nervous. She did say the range officers and the people at the desk were really nice though. She would rather be outside though.

So in a few weeks when I get our membership cards for EAFG I'll take her there.
Link Posted: 7/17/2023 12:30:43 AM EDT
[#9]
i hate crowded places myself. i strictly go to private property these days. once in a while go to a club.
Link Posted: 7/17/2023 12:55:41 AM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By BSOG1:
i hate crowded places myself. i strictly go to private property these days. once in a while go to a club.
View Quote

I wish I had done property to shoot on.
Link Posted: 7/21/2023 6:20:40 PM EDT
[#11]
think thats more my goal now.
Link Posted: 7/21/2023 8:03:53 PM EDT
[Last Edit: TheTallest] [#12]
We're looking at buying property now of course it'll be a while before we buy anything.
Link Posted: 8/13/2023 4:49:48 PM EDT
[#13]
Finally got to go to Easton Fish and Game. It's a pretty nice range, people are nice. I wanted to try the Action range so I could draw my carry piece but it was closed due to the SigShoot event. Tried to get my daughter to go to it but she didn't want to.

We went to the .22 range, it's tiny. Has a few trees and some little targets to shoot. My daughter was disappointed because she's used to going to Cherry Ridge that has an awesome .22 range with a lot of targets. She'll get used to Easton though.

The people there are really nice too. Talked to one woman about my daughter's id, it had my name on it instead of hers. She fixed it and printed her a new id.  

Going to head back next weekend.
Link Posted: 8/15/2023 4:11:57 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Snert] [#14]
Hum, I'm about 5 minutes from the Dingmans range as well.

The club i belong to is about 20 minutes from the Dingmans range. We have 25, 50, 100, 200 yard ranges. We also have a trap range as well.

Link Posted: 8/15/2023 5:58:53 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By Snert:
Hum, I'm about 5 minutes from the Dingmans range as well.

The club i belong to is about 20 minutes from the Dingmans range. We have 25, 50, 100, 200 yard ranges. We also have a trap range as well.

View Quote

What range is that? Can anyone join or is it one of those special invite members only ranges?
Link Posted: 8/16/2023 5:59:57 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Snert] [#16]
Matamoras rod and gun club.

Open to the public, to shoot or spectators
***action pistol is this Sunday the 20th. Sign up is 8am, first shots at 10am.***

There are share holders, and associate memberships.

There is a limited number of associate memberships.

Google the club and check out the events calendar.

Open to the public events-

Cowboy action
steel challenge
action pistol- very similar to IDPA
trap
appleseed
women on target
Link Posted: 8/16/2023 8:43:48 PM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By Snert:
Matamoras rod and gun club.

Open to the public, to shoot or spectators
***action pistol is this Sunday the 20th. Sign up is 8am, first shots at 10am.***

There are share holders, and associate memberships.

There is a limited number of associate memberships.

Google the club and check out the events calendar.

Open to the public events-

Cowboy action
steel challenge
action pistol- very similar to IDPA
trap
appleseed
women on target
View Quote

I thought that was a members only club?
Link Posted: 8/16/2023 10:25:26 PM EDT
[#18]
IM sent
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top