Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/12/2017 6:24:09 PM EDT
@shung

I'm going to be visiting Switzerland in late summer/early fall. I've been there a couple of times in the past, but I've just spent a few days each in Basel and Lausanne. This time I'm going to be there for about a week with nothing concrete planned except one night in Geneva. I'd like to go shoot some guns (and probably get out-shot by an 80 year old farmer).

I know Schutzenfest are a pretty big deal, but I don't know much about them. Are they a one-time-a-year thing? Or is somebody having one every weekend? Can I even shoot in one as a non-resident/citizen? Or, are there shooting clubs that welcome visitors? Is it possible to rent/borrow a firearm from somebody?

Alternatively, if there are a handful of Swiss members here, would anybody be interested in an Arfcom meetup in CH?

Thanks!
Link Posted: 6/13/2017 3:55:05 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Shung] [#1]
ill be here. if you are here on a tuedsay, thursday or saturday, i'll take you to the range. no issues.

Feldschiessen was last week, and not before next year.
Link Posted: 6/14/2017 9:50:45 AM EDT
[#2]
Cool! What part of Switzerland are you in?
Link Posted: 6/14/2017 2:55:30 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By LDL7071:
Cool! What part of Switzerland are you in?
View Quote
Geneva
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top