Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/18/2021 11:11:55 PM EDT
Anyone know of any classes hear Casa Grande?
Link Posted: 10/18/2021 11:44:11 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
View Quote

I am not familiar with the area, but I highly recommend you consider Wilderness First Aid.
It is a couple hundred bucks and takes a weekend but is much more in depth and covers more than just immediate trauma.

I did mine through NOLS , a quick google found me this. Im not affiliateed, do your own research.
https://www.mountainrescue.org/medical-training

Community colleges often have first aid training as well.
Link Posted: 10/19/2021 12:30:33 AM EDT
[#2]
Did you find the course search page on the stop the bleed website?   Looks like the closest to you would be in Scottsdale, unfortunately.

It also looks like the course is now available as an online course and you can then come in to demonstrate skills to get your card.  Not a terrible option, that’s how the American heart association is headed for renewing our certifications now.
Link Posted: 10/19/2021 2:17:17 AM EDT
[#3]
We have basic first aid at work, but I was looking for more, but I lack funds to attend something that charges a whole lot.
Scottsdale would do it, can make the trip if it's on my day off. Last time I looked there wasn't anything close.
Thank you.
Link Posted: 10/19/2021 3:25:23 AM EDT
[#4]
Just took the online course, not bad for a civilian course, to be sure. More info on TQs than my Dept teaches. Now to find a Practical Skill test place. They have a nice individual kit I'd like my outfit use in armed posts, but they are to cheap to spring for the training....
Link Posted: 10/19/2021 3:53:42 PM EDT
[#5]
Independence Training

This is my preferred training company. Take their IFAK if you get a chance. Or TBH any of their classes.
Link Posted: 10/19/2021 5:29:07 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Independence Training

This is my preferred training company. Take their IFAK if you get a chance. Or TBH any of their classes.
View Quote

Independence Training is awesome for both medical and firearms training. I can’t recommend their Stop the Bleed or their introduction/intermediate handgun courses enough. I shot noticeably better after that.
Link Posted: 10/24/2021 10:46:33 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View Quote

The telegram group did a class with Guardian training it was reasonable for cost and included an ifak.
Wife and I at the class.
Attachment Attached File

Guardian link

Can use fsa/hsa account for paying for the class too.
Link Posted: 10/24/2021 10:47:54 PM EDT
[#8]
This is also from the class

Bleeding Control in Animals

All arfcommers and the dog was not trained for the class but did a great job being a model
Link Posted: 10/24/2021 11:18:07 PM EDT
[#9]
Very nice, thank you. I did the online, just need practicals, looking for the free one as money isn't exactly loose right now. But that looked great.
Link Posted: 10/25/2021 12:43:43 PM EDT
[#10]
Are you trying to get a cert or just so you know you’re doing it right?
Link Posted: 10/25/2021 9:28:14 PM EDT
[#11]
Both - we don't teach TQ techniques here, and I feel it is a very valuable tool, and I intend to start carrying one at work. But I want both the certification behind me if I have to use one at work AND I want to know that I am doing it right.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top