Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/1/2020 3:32:03 PM EDT
After 27 years I've finally escaped from New Jersey!!

Nothing completely culture-shocking like to Wyoming, but I managed to crawl out of the fire and back into the frying pan known as Maryland.  

Link Posted: 7/1/2020 6:13:31 PM EDT
[#1]
Congrats! I can't imagine MD being much better though.

What rights have been returned to you since the move?
Link Posted: 7/1/2020 8:08:36 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

Wins:  
- 10 round mag limit is on sales and trades only.  Possession is not regulated.  I have already unpinned all my NJ-15s and have a dozen 30-rounders and 6 20-rounders.  
- Adjustable stocks are allowed.  Trying to figure out how to unpin my stocks now.  
- Flash hiders and threaded barrels are allowed.  But since mine are all pinned and welded, its not consequential.  
- All assault weapon ban legislation is grandfathered.  Anything purchased before October 2013 is exempt.  
- All NFA weapons (SBRs, suppressors, etc.) with tax tamps prior to 2013 are grandfathered.  (not consequential for me)

Losses:
- You have to register your "assault weapons" to benefit from grandfathering.  (which ain't fucking happening)
- Semiautomatic handguns are banned.  All semiautomatic handguns purchased before 2013 must be registered.  (which ain't fucking happening)

I'm not an attorney, but I really think the registration is superfluous.  If I ever get pinched, original transfer tracing will show that everything I own was purchased before 2013.  Burden of proof is on the prosecution and I have receipts showing when I purchased everything.  So, with this I will not comply.  Come and get me.  LOL.
Link Posted: 7/2/2020 8:51:47 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

- Semiautomatic handguns are banned.  All semiautomatic handguns purchased before 2013 must be registered.  (which ain't fucking happening)

View Quote

your joking right??  Note to self, don't ever move to maryland...lol

and if you get pinched and your stuff is not registered, you can have all the receipts you want... they will most likely get confiscated and you'll face weapons charges for not registering. Don't ever under estimate the law...
Link Posted: 7/5/2020 12:43:38 PM EDT
[#4]
Have to ask
Why did you pick Maryland instead of Pa Del or Va
Link Posted: 7/7/2020 9:12:03 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 7/15/2020 12:11:43 PM EDT
[#6]
Jeez Maryland?

its like a NYC resident feeling "free" moving to NJ
Link Posted: 8/24/2020 1:01:24 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Wins:  
- 10 round mag limit is on sales and trades only.  Possession is not regulated.  I have already unpinned all my NJ-15s and have a dozen 30-rounders and 6 20-rounders.  
- Adjustable stocks are allowed.  Trying to figure out how to unpin my stocks now.  
- Flash hiders and threaded barrels are allowed.  But since mine are all pinned and welded, its not consequential.  
- All assault weapon ban legislation is grandfathered.  Anything purchased before October 2013 is exempt.  
- All NFA weapons (SBRs, suppressors, etc.) with tax tamps prior to 2013 are grandfathered.  (not consequential for me)

Losses:
- You have to register your "assault weapons" to benefit from grandfathering.  (which ain't fucking happening)

I'm not an attorney, but I really think the registration is superfluous.  If I ever get pinched, original transfer tracing will show that everything I own was purchased before 2013.  Burden of proof is on the prosecution and I have receipts showing when I purchased everything.  So, with this I will not comply.  Come and get me.  LOL.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Wins:  

Losses:

Losses=wrong.
You DO NOT have to register pistols or “assault weapons “ owned before y’all moved to MD.
If y’all are a resident and want to buy a new pistol or ar type you must:
1. Take and pass HQL class (handgun qualify license)
2. Fingerprints and application to MDSP
3. Wait 30-90 days
4.  Purchase handgun or “regulated “ weapon through FFL.
5.  Wait 7 days for approval.
6. Only 1 regulated purchase per 30 days-unless y’all have “designated collector status “-easy to get after first regulated purchase.
7. All NFA items ok
8.  CCW pretty hard to get-relatively easy if y’all have business—
Not impossible like NJ

As a former NJ resident I can say it’s not like living in Texas but a
WHOLE LOT better than Jersey.
Link Posted: 8/25/2020 10:51:47 AM EDT
[#8]
So let me get this straight.....you have to jump through all these bullshit loopholes in order to get permission to purchase a handgun, or semi-auto rifle, but you are allowed to own suppressors, full auto, short barreled rifles and shotguns, and "other" pretty much without issue.

Someone needs to explain on what planet that even remotely makes any sense.
Link Posted: 9/5/2020 1:54:12 PM EDT
[#9]
PA could used another Patriot. To many scumbags heading to the Commonwealth.
Congrats though
Link Posted: 9/10/2020 11:15:29 AM EDT
[#10]
I actually did the same thing last year haha
Link Posted: 12/4/2020 1:03:19 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Jeez Maryland?

its like a NYC resident feeling "free" moving to NJ
View Quote

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top