Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/26/2020 10:51:34 AM EDT
A more equitable city for everyone

This is the same kind of stuff that Portland does. They literally have "cancel rent and mortgage" and "cease arresting" people as their ideas.
Link Posted: 5/26/2020 11:47:38 AM EDT
[#1]
We'll see how long that shit lasts when Boise keeps that shit up and all development heads toward Meridian and Nampa.  I could see the possibility of Meridian passing Boise up one day.
Link Posted: 5/26/2020 12:55:59 PM EDT
[#2]
We haven't had new city council elections yet. The next ones should look a lot different.
Link Posted: 5/26/2020 1:07:34 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

This is the same kind of stuff that Portland does. They literally have "cancel rent and mortgage" and "cease arresting" people as their ideas.
View Quote

Commie leftist mayor got elected. Should anyone be surprised?
Link Posted: 5/26/2020 8:21:04 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

A commie could probably make it in Meridian too, given the fucking insane HOA bullshit I experienced while living there.
Link Posted: 5/26/2020 9:58:53 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

A commie could probably make it in Meridian too, given the fucking insane HOA bullshit I experienced while living there.
View Quote

Naw, not Meridian. Won't happen for a long time. City is oriented towards families.
Link Posted: 5/27/2020 10:27:52 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
We haven't had new city council elections yet. The next ones should look a lot different.
View Quote

This.

Conservatives are lazy local voters. That should be changing.
Link Posted: 5/27/2020 11:32:12 AM EDT
[#7]
So i read the link last night. What in the actual shit??!

The recommendations from the committees are meant to help guide policy decisions through McLean's term of office.

Seventy-one citizens worked on developing the 350 recommendations, which cover a lot of topics, including:

What the mayor's COVID-19 response should look like
Increasing the minimum wage within the city
Providing citywide free internet
Offering free contraception, abortion and reproductive health care
Establishing a sex education curriculum in the Boise School District from pre-k to 12th grade
View Quote

The sex education one gets my blood boiling. Pre-K? Are these people out of their damn minds?? Only thing a preschooler should be learning is how to count and tie their shoes. Feckless degenerates.
Link Posted: 5/27/2020 11:45:35 AM EDT
[#8]
Not to sound like a broken record, but the first thing we need to do is get the city council purged. Now that people in larger cities can only vote for someone who lives in their area, I think we'll be in a much better position to fight this sort of thing.

Of course, city planners want to turn as much of Boise as possible into a centrally-planned metropolis utopia. This would lump the votes of ranchers who live on Hill Road in with the incoming "neighborhood center" residents along State Street. This crap needs to be contained in the downtown area as much as possible.
Link Posted: 5/28/2020 1:29:34 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 5/28/2020 2:38:27 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Take heart comrades this will be used as a template for other localities as this Ideology metastasizes throughout Idaho and the rest of the nation.
View Quote

We're not totaled yet. This state has been both proactive and effective at stemming the tide.
Link Posted: 5/28/2020 5:32:19 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

We're not totaled yet. This state has been both proactive and effective at stemming the tide.
View Quote

Sure aren't but a lot more conservatives will have to get a gut check for them to be proactive. Sitting around and saying "ah it ain't bad" is not going to bode well for us. A lot of conservative minded people I know don't like politics. Well unfortunately, times have changed.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top