Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/15/2021 5:10:03 PM EDT
I thought I knew what steak was until I had one in KS.

I went there for my brother's wedding near Olathe and had dinner with him.  Mid-western steaks CRUSH what we have here.  Once you eat quality, you can't go back to the shoe leather they serve on the East coast.

Thanks for the real steak, and the withdrawl symptoms that come with it.

Link Posted: 1/15/2021 5:21:39 PM EDT
[#1]
Thanks for visiting us. I hope you enjoyed your stay.

Not the first time I've heard that.  This is beef country after all.  
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 11:30:02 PM EDT
[#2]
So, did you go to a certain restaurant or did you get some steaks from the butcher?
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 12:24:30 PM EDT
[#3]
@Ambridge77

We need answers.  Did you go to some place I don't know about?  Is there a butcher I need to find?
C'mon, man.....get back in here.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 6:12:13 AM EDT
[#4]
Sorry, I don't recall the name of the restaurant, just that the cut of beef was huge and cooked perfectly.

I do remember that the people in KS seemed very friendly out in public - they didn't act like we were trying to mug them when we'd say hello.  They actually smiled and said hi back!  Quite different from NoVa.  
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 8:27:07 PM EDT
[#5]
Well, if you find out, post back.....
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 11:32:49 AM EDT
[#6]
Glad you enjoyed your time in Kansas, as well as our beef! We’re the 3rd largest producer of beef cattle in the country. My family and I do our part on our ranch here in southeast Kansas.
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 5:29:04 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I thought I knew what steak was until I had one in KS.

I went there for my brother's wedding near Olathe and had dinner with him.  Mid-western steaks CRUSH what we have here.  Once you eat quality, you can't go back to the shoe leather they serve on the East coast.

Thanks for the real steak, and the withdrawl symptoms that come with it.

View Quote

I wish I knew the restaurant you were talking about. When I want a good steak, I head over to Jess & Jim’s in Martin city.
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 11:34:17 PM EDT
[#8]
As far as meat goes I've heard good things about Steve's in Desoto and Bichelmeyer in KCK.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 12:23:00 AM EDT
[#9]
It's been awhile for Jess and Jim's, while they are good, I'm not a fan of a griddle steak
I can confirm on both meat markets
It's not close, but Meridy's in Russell makes a great steak.
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 7:40:29 PM EDT
[#10]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
As far as meat goes I've heard good things about Steve's in Desoto and Bichelmeyer in KCK.
View Quote

I usually just get my meat from Price Chopper but sometimes I'll stop in Steve's for a couple smoked chops. They are thicker than what you find at the store. Never payed much attention to what their steaks look like.

They also sell high quality lump coal. Right now they stock Timber lump coal which is highly recommended on the Naked Whiz Data Base Before that they stocked Ozark Oak which is also good. Oh and they usually have bags of hickory wood too.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top