Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/22/2018 2:13:05 PM EDT
I support an Idaho tax on anyone moving into the state who wants to become an Idaho Resident. All new residents need to have a higher sales tax. So they can start paying for all the increase in crime, problems with infrastructure, and overcrowding in schools that they cause.
Link Posted: 11/22/2018 9:11:14 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 11/23/2018 1:00:56 PM EDT
[#2]
is it really that bad? it would be interesting to see how many people have moved from out of state in the last year
Link Posted: 11/24/2018 7:09:56 PM EDT
[#3]
1)  Idaho does not allow any type of individual tax that everyone else does not have to pay.  This is the reason cities and school districts cannot charge a "fee" to new home owner's help with infrastructure, school, etc, costs.

2)  I was told that approximately 700 people are moving to Idaho every week.
Link Posted: 11/24/2018 9:33:27 PM EDT
[#4]
According to the U.S. Census Bureau, net population growth in 2017 was 2.2 percent in Idaho, making it the fastest-growing state in the nation.

Though growth is expected to slow somewhat in the next few years, the rate is projected to remain higher than the national average.

Taking into consideration birth rates, death rates, and in- and out-migration, the Idaho Department of Labor last year forecast that the state’s population would grow 15.3 percent from 2015 to 2025, to 1.9 million. That corresponds to annual growth of 1.4 percent – three times the national rate.

https://idahobusinessreview.com/2018/07/13/prepare-your-business-for-idahos-rapid-population-growth/
Link Posted: 11/26/2018 10:55:50 AM EDT
[#5]
My wife is originally from Idaho Falls.  We'd been casually talking about moving up there after retirement.  Based on Nevada going hard blue during the midterms it's no longer a casual conversation.  We'll definitely be heading your way in about six years.  If I promise to always vote hard core conservative can I be exempt from any newcomer taxes?
Link Posted: 11/26/2018 8:34:58 PM EDT
[#6]
My wife and I just visited northern Idaho over the weekend and intend to move out there. Not only will I bring my right-wing politics with me I would absolutely be willing to pay the "newcomer" tax, be subject to a written test (only administered in English) and promise not to take any welfare.

Seriously, there probably should be some sort of screening process so libtards can't escape what they have voted for and then ruin the next place.
Link Posted: 11/27/2018 12:14:25 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
1)  Idaho does not allow any type of individual tax that everyone else does not have to pay.  This is the reason cities and school districts cannot charge a "fee" to new home owner's help with infrastructure, school, etc, costs.
View Quote
At least in Nampa they are trying to increase the fees on developers building new homes, which would be passed on to consumers, so we can improve our infrastructure. About 2.5 years ago I moved out to where the subdivisions ended and farmland began. Now a redonk amount of that farmland is either for sale or already having more homes and the entire area is one lane roads. It's pretty crazy how many homes are being added with zero additional infrastructure.
Link Posted: 11/28/2018 1:32:52 PM EDT
[#8]
Taxation is theft.
https://www.libertarianism.org/columns/is-taxation-theft
Link Posted: 11/29/2018 11:46:44 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 11/29/2018 5:05:09 PM EDT
[#10]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Well if we are voting for shit that will never happen: The levers of power will always succumb to corruption; better to have no levers at all. Thus I propose the abolition of taxes. Let them, and us, fend for ourselves.
View Quote
QFT
Link Posted: 12/1/2018 1:12:51 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I support an Idaho tax on anyone moving into the state who wants to become an Idaho Resident. All new residents need to have a higher sales tax. So they can start paying for all the increase in crime, problems with infrastructure, and overcrowding in schools that they cause.
View Quote
I guess that would be ok for all you worker drones types.

I'll pass.   Just because someone owns a house someplace does not mean they are a resident.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top