Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/20/2021 4:17:50 PM EDT
I got an offer on our house in Wisconsin.
And I ordered a new UTV , while in Tucson.
A gift for the new house.

Our 55+ has a golf cart slab next to our home.
I need suggestions on accessories.
It will be stored under a shade.

I plan to have road registration .
It's the new for 2022 570 Ranger.
A two seater, not a three.

Which windshield would you recommend ?
And It needs some kind of roof.
Thank you, OTTOSEAR
Link Posted: 9/20/2021 10:07:51 PM EDT
[#1]
To make it street legal you need a horn, license plate holder with light, rearview mirror, and of course insurance.

As to windshields, stay away from the plexiglass type, they scratch easy and will be foggy rather quickly.

I have a soft top cover on mine, works great but if you trailer your SXS you need to take it off first or it'll end up in the road.

Other accessories include a plug kit and small compressor for the tires, gas can or two, and a good lightbar is nice.
Link Posted: 9/21/2021 12:21:51 AM EDT
[#2]
Thank you !
Link Posted: 9/21/2021 6:06:26 PM EDT
[#3]
Scratch resistant polycarbonate windshield.  The factory offering will be expensive, but it will fit.  I bought these factory items on Amazon.

Buy a hard roof. It won't get ripped by low hanging branches.

I bought a receiver hitch so it would be easier to move my trailer around, with the ball mounts I already own.

I already had Ridgid battery powered gear, so I ordered the Ridgid inflator to use the batteries I already had.  Lifetime warranty on all of this.  I carry a tire plug kit in my glove box.

Stebel Nautilus compact air horn gets attention right now.

I bought cheap LED motorcycle turn signals and mounted them on home made brackets.  An LED flash can and some wires, along with a toggle switch and now street legal.

In AZ you should always carry a comb and long nosed pliers for removing the cholla cactus that will jump on you from nowhere. Immediate application of antiseptic, benedryl, and lidocaine should also be considered.  (wife needed this, I was lucky)
Link Posted: 9/21/2021 6:07:33 PM EDT
[#4]
I think you need DOT tires to be street legal too.
Link Posted: 9/21/2021 6:13:53 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote
Maybe, maybe not.  I don't have them, I can't seem to get the attention of the local cops, no matter what sidewalks I ride on.  Being an old geezer that wears a hat correctly keeps you under the radar, bonus points for fishing hat and vest.  There is no inspection, last street licensed ATV I had, I never installed the horn or turn signals. Nobody is going to look at your tires.

Those beer holders will slosh your beverage around, use a cup with a lid.
Link Posted: 9/21/2021 6:26:50 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Maybe, maybe not.  I don't have them, I can't seem to get the attention of the local cops, no matter what sidewalks I ride on.  Being an old geezer that wears a hat correctly keeps you under the radar, bonus points for fishing hat and vest.  There is no inspection, last street licensed ATV I had, I never installed the horn or turn signals. Nobody is going to look at your tires.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I didn’t have DOT tires on my RZR either but I had two friends get tickets up north around forest services roads/rural highways. I don’t know how important it is but I do think it’s a requirement of being street legal.
Link Posted: 9/21/2021 8:02:36 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View Quote

Being an old geezer always helps.

The older I get..........................................
Link Posted: 9/22/2021 1:26:12 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

I didn’t have DOT tires on my RZR either but I had two friends get tickets up north around forest services roads/rural highways. I don’t know how important it is but I do think it’s a requirement of being street legal.
View Quote
So, fish cops?  I avoid them.  I also don't go blazing around at 70mph, catching air, and making dust.  Things to consider................
Link Posted: 9/22/2021 6:39:41 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
...In AZ you should always carry a comb and long nosed pliers for removing the cholla cactus that will jump on you from nowhere. Immediate application of antiseptic, benedryl, and lidocaine should also be considered.  (wife needed this, I was lucky)
View Quote

All of these years in Arizona I have been doing it wrong!  Thanks for that tip!
Link Posted: 9/23/2021 12:20:38 PM EDT
[#10]
If there is a folding windshield available, get it instead of a full one piece unit. A full windshield causes a sort of back draft with dust being pulled into the passenger area, plus when its nice outside, nothing beats some fresh air in your face.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top