Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/11/2021 10:57:57 AM EDT
... and I'm mostly happy about it.

We closed on Jun 26th of 2020 and got on the list the following Monday, so I've been waiting over a year.

It's 340ft deep and had to be steel cased all the way down because they ended up in volcanic rock.

But the good news is it's making 20 gallons / minute.

Sangre de Cristo also put in my xformer and meter pole a few months ago. I pulled a permit to put in temporary construction power and installed that all on my own.
(you can see it to the right of the RV)

I also now own a 36' RV and a Bobcat S160.
(is it weird to just look at picture of a Bobcat and smell diesel fuel?)

But, I think it's too late to start building my garage/workshop this year, so I intend to just do some general work, get the septic system in and then build next March.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 8/11/2021 11:05:59 AM EDT
[#1]
Nice. I wish I could snap some mountain land, hunting and place to park the rv in the summer.

So pricey right now
Link Posted: 8/11/2021 5:17:08 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 8/11/2021 7:58:34 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
We looked at buying property in that general area, but CO politics has driven us to look elsewhere.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
We looked at buying property in that general area, but CO politics has driven us to look elsewhere.

If you live in a rural area in a red county, I don't think what happens in Denver or Boulder will have any meaningful effect on your daily life.

And the water laws pretty much prevent the area from ever becoming densely populated.

On highway 9 on the way to my house there's a guy flying about a dozen FUCK BIDEN flags and there's a giant MAGA on the hillside just past Royal Gorge on 50.

Got 3 acres in MO for the last stimulus check, when we went to visit it we discovered it may have a well on it already

The neighbor across the street told us it was on our property, but my old GPS with 30+ ft resolution said it could be just outside of the property line by 5 feet.

So we are going to have to get a legal survey done/find the survey stakes and run a line to see what the truth is, if it is we have power to the property, well and a septic somewhere.

If it wasn't mentioned by the seller, it is likely dry or collapsed.  It would be very unlikely not to mention a producing well.

Link Posted: 8/12/2021 7:03:27 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 8/12/2021 10:11:43 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Got 3 acres in MO for the last stimulus check, when we went to visit it we discovered it may have a well on it already

The neighbor across the street told us it was on our property, but my old GPS with 30+ ft resolution said it could be just outside of the property line by 5 feet.

So we are going to have to get a legal survey done/find the survey stakes and run a line to see what the truth is, if it is we have power to the property, well and a septic somewhere.
View Quote

Any non homestead tax ramifications for out of state property owners?
Link Posted: 8/12/2021 10:49:21 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 8/12/2021 12:14:56 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Any non homestead tax ramifications for out of state property owners?
View Quote

Nah, it's zoned ag right now with a 10 year grazing lease.

The taxes are $20 annual. If I can't pay in a single payment, Fremont county lets me split that into 2 payments.

Once I build the house, they will separate out about 1 acre as residential and then tax that accordingly.
My neighbors with pretty nice houses and large metal workshops pay between $2000 and $2500 in property taxes.
IMO, it's a very reasonable county to live in.

I'm on what used to be the Nash Ranch which was 10s of thousands of acres back in the day.

Link Posted: 8/13/2021 11:29:25 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

taxes are only $95 a year
View Quote

@thedave1164

Dang. How far of a drive? Timber?

Any more land available  out that way.

I could do this for sure

Sorry to hijack
Link Posted: 8/15/2021 9:42:50 AM EDT
[#9]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top