Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/17/2020 6:52:13 PM EDT
I’ve called Shooters Den and half a dozen gunsmiths with no luck. I also tried Specialty and Sportsmans. Any leads on know sellers would be appreciated.

If I can’t find one tomorrow I’ll just order a set of four.
Link Posted: 4/22/2020 5:10:45 PM EDT
[#1]
Been down bushing road.   I ended up ordering from Challis, just be sure you know which size you need.
He also has a bushing tool that is pure genius.Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/22/2020 8:11:05 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Been down bushing road.   I ended up ordering from Challis, just be sure you know which size you need.
He also has a bushing tool that is pure genius.https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/857/22BF61D7-2C4E-4ABB-835D-590C9B4FAC9F_jpe-1381091.JPG
View Quote

I have bushings inbound via a generous member here.

Is that a peening tool?
Link Posted: 4/23/2020 10:04:05 AM EDT
[#3]
That challis tool in my pic is actually the bushing wrench.  It has the proper tabs inside to engage with a traditional bushing, then a screw goes in to hold the bushing tight.    I can’t explain it, but have mangled my share of bushings.  Go very slow with whatever method you use for removal and install of your bushings, very fine threads and soft steel.

The challis bushings also make things much easier with their no slot design.  Guy started as a grip maker, and got tired of trashing bushings and designed his own.

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 4/23/2020 1:18:56 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 4/23/2020 7:48:23 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Very nice, will have to look into this.

Currently I use BLUE LocTite to secure bushings so they don't come out with the screw
View Quote

I like those bushings too but for now I was going to use blue. The one that backed out was due to the screw seizing in it for whatever reason. None of the factory Springfield bushings appeared to have any type of securement.
Link Posted: 4/23/2020 8:44:31 PM EDT
[#6]
That’s what got me going down the bushing rabbit hole, a bushing coming out with a grip screw.   The O ring trick has been a big help,  I don’t have to torque grip screws very tight to get them to hold.

I think some manufacturers actually stake the bushing and some loctite.   That Challis tool gets all conventional bushings out without damage.

Link Posted: 4/26/2020 12:35:12 PM EDT
[#7]
All back together

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/26/2020 12:49:34 PM EDT
[#8]
Nice grips.
Link Posted: 4/26/2020 12:53:17 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Nice grips.
View Quote

Thank you

VZ Tactical Slant palm swells. This pistol feels welded to my hands now.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top