Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/23/2019 11:51:18 AM EDT
I'm about 20 miles West of Louisville. My family is from here but I know very little about the area. I spent a lot of time here growing up but it was all about family and being together, we just never went anywhere. What to do? I'm 46, all the people I know are older. Looks like Georgetown is the nearest gun range. I got here the day after Knob Creek. What else is cool down here?
Link Posted: 4/23/2019 12:41:50 PM EDT
[#1]
I'm up river a good ways but there are several gun stores in clarksville, and an indoor range. There is a DNR range in the henryville forest area as well.
Link Posted: 4/24/2019 4:39:22 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
I'm about 20 miles West of Louisville. My family is from here but I know very little about the area. I spent a lot of time here growing up but it was all about family and being together, we just never went anywhere. What to do? I'm 46, all the people I know are older. Looks like Georgetown is the nearest gun range. I got here the day after Knob Creek. What else is cool down here?
View Quote
I moved from Georgetown IN to another home 25 miles west on State Rd. 64 last year.

Feel free to IM me with any questions or any assistance or info you might want or need about the area.........

Welcome!!
Link Posted: 4/24/2019 9:36:38 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I moved from Georgetown IN to another home 25 miles west on State Rd. 64 last year.

Feel free to IM me with any questions or any assistance or info you might want or need about the area.........

Welcome!!
View Quote
Thanks. I did some driving around today, it's so green!
Link Posted: 4/24/2019 10:21:18 PM EDT
[#4]
Good deal! Yes, it is getting green.

Lots of ticks in that green, too. lol
Link Posted: 4/25/2019 10:40:28 PM EDT
[#5]
I’m about 25 miles north of Louisville.
Lots of shooting related activities in the area. Knob Creek Range not only has the MG shoots, but also hosts monthly (bi-monthly is the summer) pistol matches. Occasionally 3-gun and night matches too. The club is the KPDL.
Great range near Borden Indiana, a little north of Louisville. They used to host hi-power/CMP type events there, but I haven’t kept up on them.
Regular pistol matches at Silver Creek Conservation club near Sellersburg, IN.
2-gun matches just across the river in Irvington, KY (been meaning to check those out).
3-gun down in Owensboro, KY.
Not to mention, you’re within striking distance of Rockcastle Shooting center in Park City, KY. Regular pistol & multigun matches. Also hosts occasional 5k/10k run n gun events, as well as PRS type stuff.
Link Posted: 4/27/2019 7:34:20 PM EDT
[#6]
I'm in Louisville KY, but I'll respond to this thread.  I've shot numerous KPDL matches at Knob Creek, those are fun.  The matches in Irvington are fun as well.  Irvington does 2 gun and pistol matches, I've only shot their pistol matches.  There is a thread in the KY hometown section about those.

I've shot at the DNR range. It's been several years, but I didn't have any complaints.

I've also shot CMP matches at the range in Borden, Indiana.  They also do NRA High Power and F-Class matches there.  Wish I was closer to that range...  it's the Southern Indiana Rifle and Pistol Club.
Link Posted: 5/27/2019 4:50:20 AM EDT
[#7]
The range in Georgetown is the home to Falls of the Ohio muzzle loading club in assuming. It's the old range my pop used to take me to back in the early 80s. Glad to hear it is still open.

Get yourSElf a good ground hog rig. There are a ton of them rodents chewing up farmers crops. It's great fun.
Link Posted: 5/27/2019 2:17:41 PM EDT
[#8]
Sad. I just looked up Indian creek. They got rid of their rifle range. Guess it is shotgun only now. The farmer down range back on the 80s had issues with bullets making it to his fields that he actively worked. Now it looks like there are even more houses around there so I guess no more rifles.
Link Posted: 12/22/2019 11:05:44 AM EDT
[#9]
Irvington Sportsmen Club pistol and 2 gun matches will start back up in March. PM your email address to me if you want to be added to our distro list to receive match information.

(Irvington KY)
Link Posted: 12/27/2019 9:59:17 AM EDT
[#10]
I think my parents know the lady that runs Indian Creek.
Link Posted: 1/11/2020 12:16:32 AM EDT
[#11]
Southern Indiana Rifle & Pistol club near Borden has a great rifle range and regular matches in better weather.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top