Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/7/2018 2:17:07 PM EDT
First time posting here in the TX forum.

I’m visiting from out of state and helping get some family into shooting. This week we put together an AR and now looking for an outdoor public shooting spot to introduce 2 young boys (10 & 12) to shooting. Will start them on a 10/22 and once comfortable let them try the AR.

Any help is appreciated!
Link Posted: 12/7/2018 3:26:00 PM EDT
[#1]
When you say public land, are you talking about free drive up and shoot?  If so, you're not going to find it around here.

There used to be a range in Sam Houston National Forest that was free but they shut it down years ago.  If you just drive up there and find a place to shoot, you'll probably get visited by the Federal LE up there and end up with some tickets to go with it.  Damn shame but there isn't any land around here you can just drive up and shoot on like you're used to out west.

Blackwood Gun Club on 2854 is a good public pay range and is where I usually go.

When are you taking them shooting?
Link Posted: 12/7/2018 3:28:56 PM EDT
[#2]
That is unfortunate. I’m spoiled in AZ as there are countless places to drive out into the desert and safely shoot.

I’ll check out the gun club. Looking to go tomorrow.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top