Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/20/2021 11:58:34 PM EDT
I about went into road rage mode at all the fucking assholes/morons on the road that can’t drive during a storm. Asshole in a Jaguar doing like 30 into foot of water totally blinded me with the deluge of water onto my truck  and others for about a 100 feet.

Radar didn’t show shit when I took my dog to the park. Storm developed out of nowhere. Downed trees and power lines all over adding to the mess.

Link Posted: 7/21/2021 2:02:26 AM EDT
[#1]
I like driving during storms.
Link Posted: 7/21/2021 4:48:30 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

In your Jaguar?

Link Posted: 7/21/2021 11:52:49 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

In your Jaguar?

View Quote

Maybe it has a LS1 swapped in to it.
Link Posted: 7/21/2021 2:02:51 PM EDT
[#4]
So I used to go out and photograph lightning and storms quite often during monsoon(last few years have sucked so have not much)

I have my spots south of chandler along the res on Hunt Highway and east of Gilbert along state trust land, and I would watch storms develop and if moving in the right direction go get in front of them, then take photos as they approached, then bail when it started dripping.

well, one time I asked my wife if she wanted to come, she said yes, but of course had to "get ready".  I said to hurry up... well she finally was ready to go and we went, south.  I knew it might be too late but went anyways.

Well I get to my spot on hunt highway right as it starts to rain.  Well.. it turns out this storm got real nasty as it decided to juice itself up right above us.. and I said, we gotta go.  Too late.  We were literally in the middle of a microburst driving north on Cooper.  Trees were falling down all around us, you couldnt see more than 20ft, rain was going up, down, sideways, spinning, power was out everywhere, roads flooded.  A tree fell and swiped the car on its way down even.  SUV was rocking hard with the wind too.

And to top it all off, the wife was F R E A K I N G out thinking we were all going to die.  I was like.. no we just gotta keep driving north to get out of it and we eventually did.  She still mentions that I tried to kill her that day, often.  Yesterday in fact.

This was the storm in August 2015 that wrecked chandler muni and surrounding... and we were in the middle of it because my wife takes too long to get ready.

https://www.flyingmag.com/photo-gallery/photos/windstorm-airplane-damage-chandler-municipal-airport-kchd/
Link Posted: 7/22/2021 12:48:39 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

In your Jaguar?

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

In your Jaguar?

a 1991 jaguar XJS cannot do 30mph into 1 ft of water
Link Posted: 7/22/2021 12:59:34 PM EDT
[#6]
Love driving in the monsoons

Hope we truly get a monster storm this week
Link Posted: 7/29/2021 11:56:57 AM EDT
[#7]
I remember that storm!
I was in Mesa and ran into a Circle K to get a drink, by the time I got done the rain was coming down sideways, of course as I opened my car door I got drenched and the interior soaked.
Saw a tin garden shed pass me on the road.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top