Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/29/2019 8:06:47 PM EDT
I want to buy a suppressor or 2 and SBR an AR-15. I think a trust will be the way for me to go as my son will be 18
soon and would most likely be using them as well. Can anyone recommend a good NFA lawyer.

Thanks in advance
Tom
Link Posted: 12/29/2019 11:48:46 PM EDT
[#1]
Well, it won't be Ben Bunker anymore.

Sorry, don't know what people recommend today.
Link Posted: 12/30/2019 8:28:09 AM EDT
[#2]
Pretty sure the rules for NFA trusts have changed enough to where you should just buy it personally and skip the trust. My understanding is your son will have to submit the same paperwork as you if you want him in the trust and the trust owns the suppressor.
Link Posted: 12/30/2019 2:29:58 PM EDT
[#3]
I’ve been running mine through as individual transfers. They seem to go through faster anyway.
Link Posted: 12/30/2019 7:13:24 PM EDT
[#4]
The only reason I would want him on the trust would be so he could use the items
without me being present, once he turns 18. I guess the law is 18 to possess and 21 to own.

Tom
Link Posted: 1/7/2020 3:18:21 PM EDT
[#5]
I used Gabriel Raviv.  He's not the cheapest, but very knowledgeable.

https://nevadagunlawyer.com/
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top