Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/30/2019 2:20:23 PM EDT
Link Posted: 11/30/2019 4:06:07 PM EDT
[#1]
I too have experienced the 'changing of hands' delay with Brownell's. I only use them unless it's something I can't find elsewhere...which is a rarity.  
Link Posted: 11/30/2019 4:14:39 PM EDT
[#2]
yep

i fucking hate that

when i pay for shipping, I want A-to-Z shipping and a tracking number

midway does it too
Link Posted: 11/30/2019 5:26:35 PM EDT
[#3]
I am sure they offer more expensive shipping options that don't suck. I would just add that cost onto their products and then see if it is still cost effective to buy from them.
Link Posted: 11/30/2019 9:22:45 PM EDT
[#4]
Did you have a choice in the carrier?  I don't use USPS unless its the only option.
Link Posted: 11/30/2019 10:26:31 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 11/30/2019 11:21:38 PM EDT
[#6]
Yeah Mail Innovations sucks for sure. I had a fairly expensive optic bounce all around the untied states for some reason this spring. It was in earth city Mo and I expected delivery the next day then the next day it was in Maryland!!!!!
Link Posted: 12/1/2019 12:57:59 AM EDT
[#7]
Why is it brownells fault when you choose the free shipping or the cheapest option??  Its cheap for a reason.  If you want it in two days, pay for two day shipping.....not 2-5 day shipping.

That UPS SmartPost is very unique as it only delivers on certain days and it bounces around for sorting.  It has to be stupid easy on non-peak for them to do it that cheap.  When I get their stuff, it comes into my post office and sits.....I have it shipped to a physical addressed PO Box, so they'll usually fish it out of the big dump bag for me ahead of time.  Otherwise I think it's only on Tuesdays or  Thursday that usps will deliver those packages.

If you want faster and better shipping, pay for their premium services and / or sign up for their version of prime.
Link Posted: 12/1/2019 9:22:46 AM EDT
[#8]
I'm 60 miles from Columbia " Midway " and the free
shipping shit is the same with them too..

TS2
Link Posted: 12/1/2019 10:15:16 AM EDT
[#9]
Most Free shipping is shit, unless you just want something to pass the the time, and watch your order travel the country side, like a retired couple in their RV.
Gotta pay
Link Posted: 12/1/2019 10:58:44 AM EDT
[#10]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I'm 60 miles from Columbia " Midway " and the free
shipping shit is the same with them too..

TS2
View Quote
Same here. Midway isn’t any better. Same b.s.
Link Posted: 12/1/2019 11:08:53 AM EDT
[#11]
Yes it sucks. Midway is just as bad. I live 50 miles east of Columbia and my Midway orders go from Columbia via FedEx to KC to be transferred to USPS. USPS then sends it to the big distribution center in St Louis Vounty before sending it back west to me.

If I need something from Midway USA in a hurry, I just go pick it up.
Link Posted: 12/1/2019 12:06:16 PM EDT
[#12]
I normally don't even check the Tracking. In the old days, everything was 6-8 weeks, so todays shipping seems fast to me.

Kinda like warming up leftovers; things got really fast once they created microwaves.
Link Posted: 12/2/2019 5:09:07 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 12/2/2019 5:11:17 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 12/2/2019 5:31:40 PM EDT
[#15]
I order a LOT from Brownells and I've never had a problem.  I'd prefer an occasional problem or delay over paying out the ass for shipping.  If it's that important, pay the extra.
Link Posted: 12/3/2019 5:11:25 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I normally don't even check the Tracking. In the old days, everything was 6-8 weeks, so todays shipping seems fast to me.

Kinda like warming up leftovers; things got really fast once they created microwaves.
View Quote
I'm 38 years old and still think this way.

I always choose the cheapest shipping option even if it is slow.

I'd rather wait than pay!
Link Posted: 12/4/2019 9:01:41 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
I always choose the cheapest shipping option even if it is slow.

I'd rather wait than pay!
View Quote
Agreed.  I normally have enough projects going on that I can wait a week or three to get something.  If I gotta have it now, I swallow my pride and pay that gotta have it now tax of expedited shipping.
Link Posted: 12/4/2019 9:54:21 AM EDT
[#18]
I just need a reminder from Brownells when they say 5-7 day shipping time they really mean it despite being Iowa. Or something like actually labeling what service is what on the shipping page that way it's easier to make sure I'm selecting Priority Mail or normal FedEx ground. I had a package shipped Monday and it said scheduled delivery of Saturday, which was perfect, but it's already been changed to Monday, as the my package from central Iowa to southwest Missouri has made it's way onto Chicago now to Indianapolis.

Heh just checked I actually paid $5 for this shipping option.

Meanwhile parts for the same project I ordered from another vendor on the same day will be here tomorrow all the way from Oregon, for a shipping cost of $3.50
Link Posted: 12/4/2019 9:59:42 AM EDT
[#19]
I ordered something yesterday.....$4.95 on the cheapest shipping.  This item couldn't ship first class mail, so it would be more than $5 on Priority or UPS ground.
Link Posted: 12/6/2019 10:58:32 AM EDT
[#20]
My UPS guy actually delivered a UPS Surepost package to my door instead of dropping it off at the post office.
Love that guy, plan to tip him $50 for Christmas.

Figure I owe him a decent tip for delivering all the heavy parts for my 4Runner build.
Rock Sliders, winch, winch bumper, etc. Plus all the cases of ammo.
Link Posted: 12/9/2019 11:43:06 PM EDT
[#21]
The shipping times from Brownells and Midway have made it so I hardly ever order from them, unless it’s something I can’t get/isn’t in stock from somewhere else.

I spend a lot more time at Primary arms these days, everything seems to happen much faster with them.
Link Posted: 12/10/2019 6:58:02 AM EDT
[#22]
Lol.. Here is a trip one of my recent packages took.

Georgia > Indiana > St. Louis > Maryland > Back to St. Louis...

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/12/2019 11:57:46 PM EDT
[#23]
My package is now in Indiana. When I first got tracking the estimated date was 12/13 but now its a 12/19.
Link Posted: 12/13/2019 9:49:19 AM EDT
[#24]
the truth is as gun people ,, we need both Midway & Brownells
as well as ebay & the E.E. on here , for the parts that we need
to complete the builds and wild ass idea's that we have in our heads ,
now that we are all smarter on shipping , if it's something I need in two days
I pay the extra shipping $5-$7 period don't bitch about it that's how it is ,,,, if it something I just want to add then I take the free shipping and when it comes it comes ..

TS2
Link Posted: 12/16/2019 5:35:11 PM EDT
[#25]
Midway, 10-15 minutes away, orders usually ready in about 2 hours...I missed the pickup option once and it went everywhere before it got here a week and a half later.

Way back in the olden days (1986-88) I worked at the much smaller Midway Arms. It was such an awesome place to work. Unlike most that worked there I was a shooter and understood most of what I was packaging.

Steve
Link Posted: 12/20/2019 1:03:24 PM EDT
[#26]
LOL !!!!!

My order was on the truck heading to my house on Wednesday.

Then it showed 'delayed'.

Then the truck was done and parked for the night to be delivered Thursday or Friday.

Now it shows being delivered on the 24th.

So much for giving the birthday gift at tonight's dinner...
Link Posted: 12/25/2019 7:42:13 PM EDT
[#27]
I order stuff from Brownells all the time.  It gets here when it gets here.   I don’t worry about it unless it’s beyond ridiculous.
Link Posted: 12/28/2019 1:31:43 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

IIRC, there was no choice. It was a “Free Shipping” option. Where it goes to shit is the “Mail Innovations” crap where UPS hands it over to USPS.
View Quote
99% of the time, ups just delivers these to me anyways. The UPS guy on my business route is generally the one to do the post office drop, sees my name and just brings them by to me.

Benefits of a small town I suppose.
Link Posted: 1/13/2020 4:10:05 PM EDT
[#29]
I'll throw mine in. I put in a few orders on Friday  2 from the west coast. They arrived today (monday). The Brownells order will ship today. It says it's due a week from now

ETA: Weapons Outfitters was one of the orders placed. They dont have an huge selection, but a great company to deal with.
Link Posted: 1/13/2020 4:54:03 PM EDT
[#30]
Again, I don't know why anyone is pissed at Brownells.......you want it faster, pay for the upgraded shipping.  For $5, it's going via the SmartPost or other UPS/Fedex partnership with USPS--and they only deliver those packages certain days of the week, and have limited tracking since the boxes are all thrown together in supersacks rather than being individually handled.  I spend over $1000/wk on parcel shipping and NOTHING that's 1-2 pounds is going to ship 2-3 days for under $7-8.  Figure $10 minimum.  So, if you want to save $5 to wait a few extra days, then go for it, otherwise pony up the extra $5 for the actual cost of the freight to get it to you.

Back in the days before Amazon Prime, it was called "Super Saver Shipping" on Amazon.  You agreed to wait a week and they would combine your orders and send via Smart Post.  Nobody seemed to bitch then, but as soon as they came out with Prime, everybody plunked down the $60/yr (now it's double that I think), and now it's unacceptable for shipping to take more than 2-days or not be "free."
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top