Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/24/2019 5:32:52 PM EDT
So I’ll be in Ft Wayne for two weeks training with work and was looking for suggestions on places to eat, gun shops, etc that I might be able to after class each day.

Also is Indiana a state that recognizes your car as your property no matter where you park it? I’ll be required to leave my pistol in it or hotel/home where they’re prohibited at work.
Link Posted: 7/25/2019 10:02:59 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
So I’ll be in Ft Wayne for two weeks training with work and was looking for suggestions on places to eat, gun shops, etc that I might be able to after class each day.

Also is Indiana a state that recognizes your car as your property no matter where you park it? I’ll be required to leave my pistol in it or hotel/home where they’re prohibited at work.
View Quote

Car is not an extension of your home but IN recognized all CCW/LTCH permits so carry at will and lock it up in the car (assuming you aren't working at a special facility in which possession, even in the car, is illegal such as a military base etc).
Link Posted: 7/27/2019 4:36:33 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Car is not an extension of your home but IN recognized all CCW/LTCH permits so carry at will and lock it up in the car (assuming you aren't working at a special facility in which possession, even in the car, is illegal such as a military base etc).
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Quoted:

I gotcha. Thanks, I’ll keep that in mind.
Link Posted: 7/31/2019 11:51:56 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

View Quote
If you have to ditch your car somewhere for a few days, I find it best to simply get someone's permission just so they know. That way you shouldn't have any problems.

I've broke down a few times (rural areas though) and had to leave my car along the road for a couple days. I just called the local Police and let them know, that way they don't tow it or anything like that. It's best to just get permission and you're good to go.

When it comes to gun laws, Indiana accepts your license/permit. Indiana gun laws have no distinction between open carry or concealed carry. You just have to have a license/permit. Cops have no lawful authority to ask for your ID/license/permit just because they see you carrying. Indiana is not a stop & ID state. They MUST have reasonable articulable suspicion you have committed a crime in order to have they lawful authority to demand your ID.
Link Posted: 8/1/2019 8:32:38 AM EDT
[#4]
If you enjoy the zoo, check out the Fort Wayne Children's Zoo. Don't be put off by the name. It is a fantastic zoo. Lots of neat animals and experiences. Free parking, reasonable admission price. My wife and I like it more than the Indianapolis, Cincinnati, or Louisville zoos.
Link Posted: 9/18/2019 8:33:29 AM EDT
[#5]
Coney Island is a classic place to eat if you like coney dogs (it's been in the same location for over 100 years), there is a baseball stadium where the minor league Tincaps play as well as other events, the Mad Anthony Brewing Company is a local brewery and restaurant. I don't know of any good gun stores.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top