Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 4/21/2021 12:12:05 PM EDT
I left the state two years ago, and I'm hearing from people I know there that things are getting even worse.  My old neighborhood in Rio Rancho used to be quite, but home burglaries are up thanks to an apparent complex that was built just a year ago.

I laugh every time I read about Californians moving out there.  Those stupid fucks have no idea what they are getting themselves into.  High crime, shit schools, and bad healthcare.
Link Posted: 4/21/2021 1:57:15 PM EDT
We are better than Mississippi in education, 49th with a lot of room to grow.

Crime has gotten worse as a result of the Justice Department cracking down on APD, they used to be able to shoot the fuckers but now everyone has to wear a body camera.

We have a state of the "ART" trolley car system running up and down Central transporting homeless people with dignity and class.

We have Red and Green chile, you have Crabs, Crabs are the cockroaches of the sea.

We sent our piece of shit football coach to Maryland to coach your worthless team.

New Mexico has Albuquerque you have Baltimore, want to continue the comparison?

PS: We don't miss you, stay there.....

J/K

Link Posted: 4/21/2021 2:04:34 PM EDT
lol
Link Posted: 4/22/2021 1:32:42 PM EDT
Link Posted: 4/23/2021 8:31:58 AM EDT
JUST IN; BEST AND WORST STATES TO RETIRE IN

Dang we finished 49th again!
This time we were beat out for the worst state to retire in by Rhode Island!
We have counties bigger than Rhode Island for cripes sake

10 Worst States for Retirement
Rhode Island
New Mexico
Illinois
North Dakota
Vermont
New York
Nebraska
California
ColoradoOregon

NEW MEXICO
New Mexico | Retirement Living
The cost of living and crime rates fluctuate across New Mexico, but homes are available in safe, affordable areas. The variety of terrains, outdoor activities, historical venues and wide-open spaces can make each day an adventure. While New Mexico can be ideal for retirees, the state consistently rates among the lowest in quality of education. The state has a rich Native American culture, festivals, ice caves, museums and numerous art fairs.

The average home price and property taxes are moderate. New Mexico taxes Social Security and other retirement income. The state offers an $8,000 tax deduction to some retirees. Nursing home and memory care services come with a fairly high price tag, although the surrounding landscape views are breathtaking. Unfortunately, many residents live in poverty.
Link Posted: 4/23/2021 10:47:35 AM EDT
Link Posted: 4/23/2021 11:54:48 PM EDT
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d4uW5ujGUyk
Link Posted: 4/24/2021 11:45:58 PM EDT
I was looking at a job in RI. The cheapest place to live was Massachusetts.
Link Posted: 4/24/2021 11:47:16 PM EDT
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By NMwaterfowler:
The thing that screws up NM is the Democrats and their voters.
If NM was a red state, we would be the envy of Texas.
View Quote

We need more water though. I was up in Springer today and it looks so green compared to Santa Fe.
Link Posted: 4/24/2021 11:48:03 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 4/24/2021 11:50:32 PM EDT by discworld717]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By yipykyah_mf:
View Quote

Failed To Load Title

ETA
I bought that album when it came out.
Fuck Al & Tipper.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE ARFCOM Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive one email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Only subscribers with a registered ARFCOM account are eligible to win.
Top Top