Looking forward to it!
Mike
IllinoisCarry.com
Link Posted: 11/25/2022 7:53:29 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 11/26/2022 4:05:36 PM EDT
[#3]
Attachment Attached File

We are legislatively out of options in Illinois, the only way we make progress is via the courts.

Hopefully someone has their eyes on challenging the foid itself too.
Link Posted: 11/26/2022 10:40:34 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 11/28/2022 9:17:58 AM EDT
[#5]
@NoloContendere

How can we help support this suit?

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 11/28/2022 10:50:35 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

@NoloContendere

How can we help support this suit?

/media/mediaFiles/sharedAlbum/temp-97.gif

View Quote

@NoloContendere

+1 on the question
Link Posted: 11/28/2022 1:33:35 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 11/28/2022 5:39:33 PM EDT
[#8]
Hell yeah.

Thank you for all you do, Nolo.
Link Posted: 11/29/2022 12:53:01 AM EDT
[#9]
We are seeing lawsuits of different aspects of 2A all over the nation due to the Ruling from Supremes.  It is very exciting and we are involved in a few of them.  We have never been in such a good place 2A wise in our lifetime.

Go Nolo!!!

Mike
IllinoisCarry.com
Link Posted: 11/29/2022 12:28:06 PM EDT
[#10]

Yo dude, we can’t have those things here because the City of Chicago NEEDS Shotspotter! Didn’t you know this? Those people have families to feed! I mean, it works so well that Chicago prosecutors would never ask the company to modify shot spotter data to justify police actions, including the shootings of black men! Think of their children!

Link Posted: 11/29/2022 1:14:23 PM EDT
[#11]
Can dreams really come true ?

eta:  Thank you for all you do Nolo. You and Swan and IBStander.
Link Posted: 11/29/2022 2:21:26 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Can dreams really come true ?

eta:  Thank you for all you do Nolo. You and Swan and IBStander.
View Quote

+87

Hey - is IBStander the guy who went offline unexpectedly? If yes, is he ok?
Link Posted: 11/29/2022 3:33:17 PM EDT
[#13]
Pretty sure Bystander is no longer with us.  I know he had serious health issues and then he just went dark.  He was a great asset and is dearly missed!
Link Posted: 11/29/2022 9:43:30 PM EDT
[#14]
@nolocontendere

Do you have a donation page for your work? Thank you for taking the time to do all this work.
Link Posted: 11/29/2022 10:18:33 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Pretty sure Bystander is no longer with us.  I know he had serious health issues and then he just went dark.  He was a great asset and is dearly missed!
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 11/30/2022 12:10:46 AM EDT
[#16]
This is a guy explaining Nolo's case.  It is a big deal

Morris VS Raoul Lawsuit explained
Link Posted: 11/30/2022 2:08:44 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
This is a guy explaining Nolo's case.  It is a big deal

Morris VS Raoul Lawsuit explained
View Quote

??
Link Posted: 11/30/2022 9:13:14 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
@nolocontendere

Do you have a donation page for your work? Thank you for taking the time to do all this work.
View Quote
I know that LaRue periodically makes a batch of Texas shaped "dillos" to support Nolo's work. I've got at least one around here somewhere.
Link Posted: 11/30/2022 11:38:34 PM EDT
[#19]
I’m really glad to her this news. Glad to see someone taking this on.
Link Posted: 12/1/2022 9:27:29 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 12/1/2022 12:30:21 PM EDT
[#21]
Fuck yeah Nolo!!!!
Link Posted: 12/1/2022 1:29:15 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 12/1/2022 1:57:32 PM EDT
[#23]
I hope we win and can legally own suppressors. However no matter what happens in the federal district court level I imagine it will be appealed by whatever side loses. The United States  Court of Appeals for the 7th district has made anti gun rulings in the past......

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2015/04/28/7th-circuit-upholds-highland-parks-assault-weapons-ban/
Link Posted: 12/1/2022 2:46:36 PM EDT
[#24]
@nolocontendere

Thanks for all you're doing here....if you had to give betting odds what do you think the chances of winning this case?  Just curious if I need to warn my credit card company that if this is passed my card might catch on fire.
Link Posted: 12/1/2022 5:34:31 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 12/2/2022 2:46:14 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
I hope we win and can legally own suppressors. However no matter what happens in the federal district court level I imagine it will be appealed by whatever side loses. The United States  Court of Appeals for the 7th district has made anti gun rulings in the past......

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2015/04/28/7th-circuit-upholds-highland-parks-assault-weapons-ban/
View Quote

True ... but FUCK THEM.

It's like the current nonsense to change the law so inmates can vote. If no one challenges this type of nonsense then they will continue to proactively legislatively erode OUR rights - not their rights because exceptions, but OUR non-politically-connected-normal-citizens' rights.

So let's support NOLO for the win then after many of us get denied purchasing a legal item there is a class to contend with ??
Link Posted: 12/2/2022 2:46:39 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Nope. I’m good for now ??
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
@nolocontendere

Nope. I’m good for now ??

If that changes, pls post here so we know.
Link Posted: 12/2/2022 8:59:30 PM EDT
[#28]
Going to be great having a suppressor and nothing to put it on after the assault bans passes.

Stupid state
Link Posted: 12/2/2022 11:34:11 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 12/3/2022 4:34:46 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Going to be great having a suppressor and nothing to put it on after the assault bans passes.

Stupid state
View Quote

Buy one before the ban.
Link Posted: 12/4/2022 10:11:08 PM EDT
[#31]
@NoloContendere

What are the chances you'll take the case if/when they pass HB5522? There will be plenty of us that would love nothing more than to sue the state.
Link Posted: 12/4/2022 10:16:34 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Buy one before the ban.
View Quote

And then register it...and then have no regular mags for it. That is what is going to happen after the ban.
Link Posted: 12/4/2022 10:41:02 PM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 12/4/2022 10:48:38 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

And then register it...and then have no regular mags for it. That is what is going to happen after the ban.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Buy one before the ban.

While I'm not completely clear on your comment, methinks it is about pre- vs post-ban status of items? Anything legal to own pre-ban is legal to own post-ban. There is no legitimate alternative in my country (except eminent domain and individually owned suppressor will fail that test) so

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/4/2022 10:54:57 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

I’ll have to read up on the law. I am admittedly overdoing it at the moment, but I will keep doing righteous cases as I can!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
@NoloContendere

What are the chances you'll take the case if/when they pass HB5522? There will be plenty of us that would love nothing more than to sue the state.

I’ll have to read up on the law. I am admittedly overdoing it at the moment, but I will keep doing righteous cases as I can!

In a nutshell... it's practically every single AWB concept ever passed anywhere rolled up into one bill, including a mandatory registration of all guns that meet the pretty well all encompassing definition of an "assault weapon" to be able to grandfather ownership, no new assault weapon sales, banning of all magazines greater than 10 rounds with no grandfathering, you can't even have permanent non removable 30 rd magazines and .50 cartridge possession is a misdemeanor just for variety and they can't be grandfathered (you can register .50 rifles though, lol).

Pretty much it will make insta-felons out of a good 25% of the state on the low end.
Link Posted: 12/5/2022 12:19:01 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

In a nutshell... it's practically every single AWB concept ever passed anywhere rolled up into one bill, including a mandatory registration of all guns that meet the pretty well all encompassing definition of an "assault weapon" to be able to grandfather ownership, no new assault weapon sales, banning of all magazines greater than 10 rounds with no grandfathering, you can't even have permanent non removable 30 rd magazines and .50 cartridge possession is a misdemeanor just for variety and they can't be grandfathered (you can register .50 rifles though, lol).

Pretty much it will make insta-felons out of a good 25% of the state on the low end.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
@NoloContendere

Hopefully 26% of the state responds with mass noncompliance

Something something ... follow all LAWFULL orders ... something something
Link Posted: 12/5/2022 1:06:05 AM EDT
[#37]
This crap show bill is about 55 pages I think.  We plan on doing a deep dive into this cesspool bill tomorrow.  It will pass.  Nothing we can do about it since the democrats have unfettered power.  Fortunately most of it will eventually be struck down by the courts.  It is permissible to hate this state's government!
Link Posted: 12/5/2022 4:04:46 AM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 12/5/2022 4:47:43 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
This crap show bill is about 55 pages I think.  We plan on doing a deep dive into this cesspool bill tomorrow.  It will pass.  Nothing we can do about it since the democrats have unfettered power.  Fortunately most of it will eventually be struck down by the courts.  It is permissible to hate this state's government!
View Quote

Ya know ... if a guy loaded all the state reps' email addresses into a spreadsheet ... and many like-minded people added ALL those reps into the bcc line ... then there would be a WHOLE LOT of motivation for state reps to uphold their oath to the COTUS. I could even draft a message that didn't misrepresent the sender as a resident of any given district. Imagine ... every state rep receiving a polite reminder to uphold their oath and vote against a specific piece of illegitimate legislation from 1m people ... that should damper the unabashed nonsense we see in some states.
Link Posted: 12/5/2022 9:01:53 AM EDT
[#40]
Ya know ... if a guy loaded all the state reps' email addresses into a spreadsheet ... and many like-minded people added ALL those reps into the bcc line ... then there would be a WHOLE LOT of motivation for state reps to uphold their oath to the COTUS. I could even draft a message that didn't misrepresent the sender as a resident of any given district. Imagine ... every state rep receiving a polite reminder to uphold their oath and vote against a specific piece of illegitimate legislation from 1m people ... that should damper the unabashed nonsense we see in some states.
View Quote

These democrats and a few repubs. feel bullet proof.  They will be reelected no matter what they do.  Their constituents are willfully ignorant or votes paid for with free payouts or union contracts.  We will explain how their bills are unconstitutional and they will say "we'll pass the bill and let the courts sort it out.  These are bad people with a bad intent.  i love my community in deep Southern IL. but, I hate living in this state.
Link Posted: 12/5/2022 10:15:01 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View Quote

After the first felony the rest are free..

Link Posted: 12/5/2022 12:40:54 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/5/2022 1:07:41 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

Stupid state
View Quote

Speak for yourself.
My baffle strikes are ready!

Link Posted: 12/5/2022 1:32:14 PM EDT
[#44]
102ND GENERAL ASSEMBLY
State of Illinois
2021 and 2022
HB5522
View Quote

The synopsis of the bill above isn't the current bill being considered.  The new bill is HB5855 just introduced by Bob Morgan.  There are no carve outs for retired LEO in the new crap bill.
Link Posted: 12/5/2022 1:46:28 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

The synopsis of the bill above isn't the current bill being considered.  The new bill is HB5855 just introduced by Bob Morgan.  There are no carve outs for retired LEO in the new crap bill.
View Quote

Fixed it. I got sent the wrong one.
Link Posted: 12/5/2022 1:49:32 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
102ND GENERAL ASSEMBLY
State of Illinois
2021 and 2022
HB5522

There shouldn't be a bill.....but there also shouldn't be carve outs in gun ban bills.
Link Posted: 12/5/2022 8:05:58 PM EDT
[#47]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

/media/mediaFiles/sharedAlbum/Thats_true-729.gif

It comes down to being a Chad Honest Outlaw, vs the Virgin Law Abiding Citizen
Link Posted: 12/5/2022 10:09:27 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View Quote
wishful thinking.
Link Posted: 12/6/2022 12:09:54 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

These democrats and a few repubs. feel bullet proof.  They will be reelected no matter what they do.  Their constituents are willfully ignorant or votes paid for with free payouts or union contracts.  We will explain how their bills are unconstitutional and they will say "we'll pass the bill and let the courts sort it out.  These are bad people with a bad intent.  i love my community in deep Southern IL. but, I hate living in this state.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Acknowledged.

Now ... imagine that we had a list of all state reps / senators (public info) from every state in a spreadsheet which is publicly available. Imagine that we had someone in each state who monitors that state's legislative activity. Imagine that when a specific piece of legislation reached the important point in its lifecycle (varies by state ?) then a notice went out to the ~400k ARF members, X GOA members, etx. Imagine 500k emails to every member of a state government for a bad piece of 2A legislation.
Link Posted: 12/6/2022 12:17:49 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
wishful thinking.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

wishful thinking.

I agree that it is optimistic. I would challenge that it is naive.

Based on Oregon, we might finally have common ground with hunter fudds.

The blueprint for success is easy. The execution is hard.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top