Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/7/2022 1:57:12 AM EDT
For the longest time during Covid, WSP was basically not stopping anyone for anything. I've been seeing more people pulled over. Now WSP radar plane back at it again.

Inslee needs some chump change

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/7/2022 8:55:59 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 4/7/2022 3:19:38 PM EDT
[#2]
As long is it stays south of I90
Link Posted: 4/7/2022 4:52:38 PM EDT
[#3]
I've noticed that! They're back at it again, hard and heavy, all up and down I-5. All through the election, BLM  protests and covid nonsense, you couldn't find a cop in Tacoma if your life depended on it. All seem to be back in full force again.
Link Posted: 4/7/2022 6:46:41 PM EDT
[#4]
@mancat what app or website is that?  I use the free version of Flightradar24.  Thanks!
Link Posted: 4/7/2022 8:18:38 PM EDT
[#5]
dont speed maybe
Link Posted: 4/7/2022 8:42:04 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
@mancat what app or website is that?  I use the free version of Flightradar24.  Thanks!
View Quote

Adsbexchange
Link Posted: 4/8/2022 1:02:29 AM EDT
[#7]
They never stopped on the east side, especially issaquah area and the burbs out there
Link Posted: 4/8/2022 2:27:56 AM EDT
[#8]
Just revenue agents.
Link Posted: 4/8/2022 10:06:17 AM EDT
[#9]
That’s because crime has gone down so much they don’t have anything else to do.
Link Posted: 4/8/2022 3:31:33 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
That’s because crime has gone down so much they don’t have anything else to do.
View Quote

They weren't doing anything when crime was showcasing daily on every channel in the region, but now all of a sudden they find a work ethic.
Link Posted: 4/8/2022 4:29:56 PM EDT
[#11]

Good find.

A few years back we had someone crash into a deputy near our home, dump the stolen vehicle, and run into the large wooded area behind our home.

WSP plane was overhead for hours, supposedly searching with IR/thermal. Never found him.

Guy showed up at the hospital the next day with hypothermia. Someone gave him a ride there too.
Link Posted: 4/8/2022 7:24:18 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Good find.

A few years back we had someone crash into a deputy near our home, dump the stolen vehicle, and run into the large wooded area behind our home.

WSP plane was overhead for hours, supposedly searching with IR/thermal. Never found him.

Guy showed up at the hospital the next day with hypothermia. Someone gave him a ride there too.
View Quote
When the last group escaped from Echo Glen, one of them was recaptured at the apartments behind my house. Was sitting in my home office, and kept hearing sounds of a helicopter orbiting overhead. Walked outside to see local PD and county sheriff's had set up a perimeter around my neighborhood while the convinced the "yute" to surrender.
Link Posted: 4/8/2022 8:11:20 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
dont speed maybe
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/8/2022 9:13:09 PM EDT
[#14]
Westbound I90..cops after 4 lakes, just before fishtrap exit, again right at Sprague, Tokio station, uphill past ritzville an 1 mile out from moses lake. Concert weekends george area is heavly patroled by county an state. Then it's usually clear to just before Kittitas.
Link Posted: 4/9/2022 12:07:42 AM EDT
[#15]
Entire West side and all of I-90, strictly the speed limit.  Certain stretches of 240: check to see if the speed limiter is still functional.
Link Posted: 4/9/2022 1:54:02 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
dont speed maybe
View Quote

lmao
Link Posted: 4/9/2022 11:53:32 AM EDT
[#17]
I was stopped by a trooper two days ago, 13 over, I was kinda zoned out and not paying attention.  Usually the most I'll do is 5 over.  Friendly contact, I assumed I was getting a ticket, trooper just gave me a warning.  Best advice if you are stopped and you deserve a ticket, don't be an ass.
Link Posted: 4/10/2022 2:05:44 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Westbound I90..cops after 4 lakes, just before fishtrap exit, again right at Sprague, Tokio station, uphill past ritzville an 1 mile out from moses lake. Concert weekends george area is heavly patroled by county an state. Then it's usually clear to just before Kittitas.
View Quote

There's a super sneaky one that sits on the eastbound on ramp for the gorge.

Not the George one, the one that basically serves nothing but the gorge and 8 abandoned houses.
Link Posted: 4/10/2022 10:36:54 AM EDT
[#19]
Kitsap County is still running analog radios, so scanning them is still an option for now.

They do not pursue vehicles out here.  If a driver fails to yield they will turn on their lights and maybe siren, but if the driver doesn't stop and runs, they call off any chase right out the gate.  It can be pretty frustrating to listen to- hit & run driver expired tags and likely no license or insurance, but if he bolts, they wave goodbye.  

I did listen in on a pretty cool sting they ran in downtown Silverdale.  They had one cop stationed where he could watch cars at a light, and he'd radio ahead about a driver on their cell phone, "Blue chevy colbalt phone to the right ear" and the next cop would confirm (phone to the right ear) and they'd ticket them.  In the short time I listened they probably wrote a dozen tickets, and the sting went on for hours.  

Link Posted: 4/10/2022 11:20:10 AM EDT
[#20]
I suppose I should renew my tags then.... they expired in June last year...
Link Posted: 4/10/2022 4:59:15 PM EDT
[#21]
This is Bullshit it has been nice going 10 mph over and not having a Trooper pull you over.
Link Posted: 4/10/2022 7:30:19 PM EDT
[#22]
Ashland OR to Auburn this morning.
3-4 cops, not one cared about all the
cars doing 10 over. Most people were
doing 75 through JBLM/ Tacoma Dome.

2 cops got on the freeway. Everyone freaked
out when they hit the freeway and slowed
to under 70.

They got up to 80. No one wanted to catch up. ??
Link Posted: 4/10/2022 8:38:40 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
This is Bullshit it has been nice going 10 mph over and not having a Trooper pull you over.
View Quote

Well going 10 over here isn’t hard with the fucking arterial speed limits being so god damn low everywhere
Link Posted: 4/10/2022 10:20:12 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
View Quote

Yep, been nice.

That's said long stretches of 90 going east, I just cruise control 75 for the 70 mph zones and don't worry about it. See people pulled over a lot when headed out to Spokane or anywhere that way, usually someone hauling ass passing everyone, then you see them pulled over a while later.
Link Posted: 4/11/2022 12:57:02 AM EDT
[#25]
Prob has to do with the increase in shootings on the freeway too.
Link Posted: 4/12/2022 2:18:38 PM EDT
[#26]
spelling corrected...
Link Posted: 4/12/2022 2:19:13 PM EDT
[#27]
I went through 4 Washington state patrol radar traps on 6 April when traveling northbound from Portland to the Tacoma area.  Most of the traps were between Centralia and Tacoma.   One of them had one car running the the radar with three chase cars having various vehicles pulled over in the next couple of miles.  It appears that business is good for WSP radar units.  Job security I guess.
Link Posted: 4/12/2022 4:54:37 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
I went through 4 Washington state patrol radar traps on 6 April when traveling northbound from Portland to the Tacoma area.  Most of the traps were between Centralia and Tacoma.   One of them had one car running the the radar with three chase cars having various vehicles pulled over in the next couple of miles.  It appears that business is good for WSP radar units.  Job security I guess.
View Quote
These are common locations for WSP to operate their speed enforcement.  Have been for years.  They're known as hot spots to catch speeders in, especially since the speed limits are lower in these areas.  I-5 through Marysville to Arlington is another one. I-5 through Bellingham I-90 in Spokane.  Anybody who has driven these areas for years should know where they are.

One trooper running radar laser, especially from an overpass and radioing ahead to other cars has been a common tactic for years, if not decades.
Link Posted: 4/12/2022 10:21:56 PM EDT
[#29]
Waze.
Link Posted: 4/13/2022 10:07:32 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Waze.
View Quote

Is there ever still a cop there when Waze says there is?
Link Posted: 4/13/2022 11:23:02 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Waze.

99.99% from personal experience, & I use it daily. Naturally, it's more accurate in higher volume traffic routes where more users are congregated.
Link Posted: 4/15/2022 12:25:14 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
dont speed maybe
View Quote

No need to be an extremist
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top