Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/24/2019 12:49:04 PM EDT
So this morning I was headed to the shopping center in Mandeville, and turned down Florida Ext. and at the Hwy 190 end of the street there was M/C cop.  He hit his lights just as I passed him.  He followed me for a minute so I pulled over.

He ticketed me for 42 in a 25.  I'm not sure if I was going that fast or not, but that's what the ticket says.  He was also nice enough not to shoot me, and allowed me to retrieve my registration from my glove box after I told him there was a pistol in there.

Anyone have any advice for fighting this ticket?
Link Posted: 4/24/2019 10:53:52 PM EDT
[#1]
If you don't have a lot of tickets, or if you haven't had one in a while, sometimes if you call and ask nicely they'll reduce it or keep it off your record if you pay promptly.  Not sure about Mandeville though.  I know that's how it works sometimes on my end of the boot.  Sometimes.
Link Posted: 4/25/2019 8:48:32 AM EDT
[#2]
This is LOUISIANA!!!!!
The Good Ole Boy system state....
Who do you know OP?
Who can you pay?

If you are worried about it going on your insurance, usually you can go to one of those driving classes and it will not show up on your insurance.
Link Posted: 4/25/2019 9:27:59 AM EDT
[#3]
I'd like to keep it off my insurance.  I haven't had a ticket in 15 years or so, and I got those reduced or tossed.

I guess this is a sign that I need to network better in St. Tammany.
Link Posted: 5/12/2019 10:53:06 PM EDT
[#4]
If you show up for your court date to dispute it, the judge may dismiss it. My fiancé did that in BR last year and when she stood up for her turn in court with 5 pages of notes...the judge said “oh lord, dismissed”.
Link Posted: 10/13/2019 10:15:54 AM EDT
[#5]
I live in Houston. When I got 2 tickets for one stop in Louisiana several years ago, I hired a local attorney and asked him to help with the tickets. Both tickets were dropped. Had it been on ticket I would have paid it. However 2 tickets was bullshit.
Link Posted: 10/29/2019 2:54:10 PM EDT
[#6]
Pay the ticket.

You will waste your breath trying to fight it in St Tammany.
Link Posted: 10/29/2019 6:26:00 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Pay the ticket.

You will waste your breath trying to fight it in St Tammany.
View Quote
Mandeville has this "magical" thing where you pay them $100 + fees, and the ticket goes away after 90 days as long as you don't get another ticket during that timeframe.

They banked several thousand dollars the day I had court.  Quite a racket.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top