Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
Durkin Tactical Franklin Armory
User Panel

Site Notices
8/16/2022 4:37:09 PM
Posted: 6/29/2022 3:32:55 PM EDT
Just to see if we could get any direction on what happens next.  The gentleman I spoke with said they have not been given any direction from the County Legislator so nothing has changed at this time getting the Sportsman restriction removed.
Link Posted: 6/29/2022 3:50:22 PM EDT
[#1]
Originally Posted By apf383:
Just to see if we could get any direction on what happens next.  The gentleman I spoke with said they have not been given any direction from the County Legislator so nothing has changed at this time getting the Sportsman restriction removed.
View Quote

My best guess / hunch:  Nothing will change until someone gets jammed up and sues.
Link Posted: 6/29/2022 4:15:37 PM EDT
[#2]
WC told me to send an amendment to get restrictions removed. It's $3. Let's see how long it takes.
Link Posted: 6/29/2022 6:25:15 PM EDT
[#3]
Send a letter, certified mail with a $5 check asking for it.  

They're waiting to see what 400.00 looks like next week so they can run a new process.  And I'm sure they are hoping there will be enough meat there to deny people upgrades while things go back to court.
Link Posted: 6/29/2022 7:09:35 PM EDT
[#4]
Just left my LGS if the state has provided any guidance on semi-automatic licenses that are required for purchases in a week? Nope!
Link Posted: 6/29/2022 8:11:37 PM EDT
[#5]
See legal letter posted in the other thread.

Send it to the local clerk/ sheriff or whomever told you nothing has changed.  Write on top “take notice that your immunity is revoked”.
Link Posted: 6/30/2022 2:36:35 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By HiramRanger:
Just left my LGS if the state has provided any guidance on semi-automatic licenses that are required for purchases in a week? Nope!
View Quote

A week?

September
Link Posted: 6/30/2022 2:52:21 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By HiramRanger:
View Quote

The semiauto license kicks in in a couple of months
The "others" bill kicks in next week
Link Posted: 7/29/2022 10:13:06 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By tc556guy:

The semiauto license kicks in in a couple of months
The "others" bill kicks in next week
View Quote

Setting up for a Gun Show today I spoke with four different and well established Dealers: None had any idea of the changes to 400. involving storage, video, training, reporting, etc. Sadly they didn't really know much if anything about the other Laws due to go into effect either.  
Link Posted: 7/30/2022 4:31:53 AM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By fp1201:

Setting up for a Gun Show today I spoke with four different and well established Dealers: None had any idea of the changes to 400. involving storage, video, training, reporting, etc. Sadly they didn't really know much if anything about the other Laws due to go into effect either.  
View Quote

The NYSP really owes it to dealers to actually write up a comprehensive summary of everything from the recent legislation that will impact dealers.
They never did anything in writing for SAFE either; the summary of that that was created and passed around was a summary for law enforcement officers and agencies.
If dealers aren't aware of the changes you can bet that they aren't informing their customer base either. Its a cascading failure.
Link Posted: 7/30/2022 8:45:55 AM EDT
[#10]

The NYSP really owes it to dealers to actually write up a comprehensive summary of everything from the recent legislation that will impact dealers.
They never did anything in writing for SAFE either; the summary of that that was created and passed around was a summary for law enforcement officers and agencies.
If dealers aren't aware of the changes you can bet that they aren't informing their customer base either. Its a cascading failure.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By fp1201:

At this point what does it matter

2nd Amendment is the summary
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top