Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 10
Posted: 8/26/2018 11:02:23 AM EDT
Drop boxes close at 8 pm.

-------------------------------------

Phone banks and doorbelling. The weekend is our last, best opportunity to beat this thing. There is a big push to get out the vote right up until the election. I guarantee you the opposition has their people out in force.

Get out there and do something.

Attachment Attached File

---------------------------------------

It's surprising how many people have not voted yet. Get out there and remind them.

Apathy kills. No one is coming to save us.

-----------------------------------------

Phone bank is tonight at the SAF office.

Show of hands: how many have actually made calls?

SAF is running phone banks every Wednesday evening in Bellevue. As always you can make calls any time, anywhere. This is our opportunity to reach and influence voters.

I keep hearing a lot of people tell me what our message should be, how I'm screwing up our messaging, how we are losing this because we're saying the wrong things.

Guess what? the i360call app will connect you directly with voters. You can then convince them to vote NO. Get off your ass and make some calls or STFU.

Matthew  Cardenas, NRA Campaign Field Representative, is running a phone bank this evening:

Primerica 10025 Lakewood Dr SW a, Lakewood, WA 98499
5-8pm.

Contact Matthew to RSVP and get a login credential. As always, the phone app can be run from anywhere and there is a web interface.

This is our best outreach method between now and the end of this election cycle.

22 days to go: https://w2.countingdownto.com/2258858

----------------------------------------

The Puyallup show was a great success. We had steady traffic through our table and we worked the show floor. We gave away the last of our yard signs. I have it on good authority Sporting Systems is running another printing. There are 10,000 yard signs and 10's of thousands of flyers in the wild. We sent out the last of the 4x8 signs.

Yet people still don't know about this initiative. Educate them. It's up to each of us, individually.

Attachment Attached File

-----------------------------------------------------

Come out and help us staff the NRA table at the WAC show. We'll have yard signs, assuming any are left, and an opportunity to reach a lot of people who still don't know about 1639. Help us educate the masses!

-----------------------------------------

Update 6 Oct: The last round of yard signs has arrived. Get 'em before they're gone. Call your local gun shop or check with the SAF office.

-------------------------------------------

Crunch time. Time for the full-court press

Contact the SAF office for phone banks happening this Thursday, ask for Boyd. They will have pizza, and they're set up with the phones and everything.

You can call from home - install the i360call app on your phone or tablet. There's a web portal at www.callingfromhome.com. IM me or contact Boyd for login credentials:

Phone:(425) 454-7012
Email:[email protected]
Address:Second Amendment Foundation
12500 NE 10th PL
Bellevue, WA, 98005

----------------------

Ballots mail out around Oct 18

I estimate about 600 signs, distributed across the state. Also smaller flyers and door tags. Sporting Systems in Vancouver is printing signs at their own expense. They have set up a go fund me site to help defray the cost.

We really need to hammer the phone banks. Call the SAF office, ask for Boyd. You can install the app on your phone and call from home, your car, or in the head, or go have pizza with the phones crew.

Phone:(425) 454-7012
Email:[email protected]
Address:Second Amendment Foundation
12500 NE 10th PL
Bellevue, WA, 98005

-----------

41 days until the official date. Ballots are mailed earlier so it's really more like 30 days: https://w2.countingdownto.com/2258858

-----------------

Today we had a guest spot on the radio. There were two of us as guests; I'm the good looking one

---------------

This train is out of control. Demand for yard signs has fully outrun supply and distribution. More have been ordered and will be here in about a week.

Sat and Sun there will be a booth at the Monroe WAC show. I've sent along the last of my yard signs. The SAF office in Bellevue has some as well.

This is a great opportunity to talk to people who still don't know about this thing. We're all evangelists at this point. Now let's work on the strategic problem: the election. We need a solid majority in the legislature, otherwise the D's will simply ram this thing through in pieces next January.

-----------------

Yesterday I got the first of the yard signs.  
-----------------

This weekend I visited yet more shops, all the way to Bellingham and the response was overwhelmingly positive. People were lined up to get bumper stickers and flyers. They are tired of Seattle and a cabal of wealthy individuals (I'm looking at you, Paul Allen) ruling the state. I think we've gotten the word out to the true believers, now it's up to us to show the less well informed gun owners how bad this thing is.

And the onslaught of campaign ads has yet to begin. Post them up here, and we'll dismantle the lies, damn lies, half truths, and Attorney General's comments.

-------------------

Over the last two weeks I've spent a lot of time traveling about, visiting shops and ranges, distributing flyers. I don't have an accurate count, but there were roughly 50k flyers printed. They are starting to run short, and we are outrunning our supply lines. Plus countless more have been printed by shops and individuals. This is a true grassroots campaign. I'm seeing groups working together that previously treated each other as competitors. EVERY individual in the firearms community has been horrified by the contents of this initiative.

The ones who are on the fence are the casual gun owners. People who might own a gun, with some vague plan to use it in a home invasion. I had a very interesting conversation with a fishing boat captain. The level of brainwashing he displayed was chilling. But in the end he agreed to read the initiative for himself and make an informed decision. But he was willing to vote yes without any knowledge of the actual initiative.

Changing such opinions takes time. People hold their beliefs dear (he kept repeating "but we have to do something"), and it seems less well-informed opinions are clung to most tightly.

Get out there and win some hearts and minds. 60 days till the election. Really fewer, because ballots can be returned early.

Every day lost is votes lost.

----------------------------------------------

Keep the pressure on. Talk to your friends and family. There are plenty of people who are unaware this thing is on the ballot, and those who do likely don't understand its broad reach.

If you need flyers or bumper stickers, visit a local gun shop. Most of them have stacks of flyers on the counter. If your favorite shop doesn't have any, connect them with me and I will help supply them.

Anyone willing to help distribute flyers and bumper stickers to shops and clubs, let me know

This week: yard signs inbound. We'll be looking for people to plant them along highways, roads, bike paths, anywhere people travel.

***Labor Day Update***
We have an opportunity to reach lots of gun owners who are otherwise poorly informed. Please print some of the flyers and take them with you to the range, gun shops, outdoors stores, anywhere you go. Discuss the initiative with your friends, and introduce yourself to the folks on the firing lines, in the squad at your match, wherever you happen to be.

NOV 8 is rapidly approaching. Make every day count.

The flyers can be downloaded here: https://www.initiative1639.org/take-action/

I carry around a printed copy of the initiative. The complexity of it speaks for itself, and I've convinced gun owners that it's overreach simply by showing them how many pages it spans: https://sos.wa.gov/_assets/elections/initiatives/finaltext_1531.pdf

Now that the fix is in, it's time for us as individuals to get serious about opposing this. NRA is not going to save us. SAF is not going to save us. Nor the GOP, or the Supreme Court, or anyone who is charged with enforcing the law in this state.

We have the tools right here to notify every gun owner in this state. Each of these clubs, shops, ranges and social media outlets can reach hundreds or thousands of gun owners. Come November, EVERY gun owner in this state needs to know about this thing, and EVERY lie that will be told in broadcast, social media, and print will need to be rebutted.

This is part of the email they sent out celebrating their recent victory:

Some Anti Gunner wrote:
Today, we’re celebrating the decision to keep I-1639 on the ballot, but we’re also recommitting to the long, hard fight ahead. Between now and Election Day, the gun lobby is going to attack I-1639 with everything they’ve got.
View Quote
That consists of you, and me, and our war chest is 87 cents in pocket change. We need contacts who can talk with every one of these entities and help spread the word. I am in the Puget Sound region and need help filling in this list for points north and south along I-5, and east of the Cascades.

Shops:
Wade's - I have them on speed dial and can talk with them
West Coast Armory
West Coast Armory North
Lynnwood Guns
Sportco/Outdoor Emporium
Sportsman's Warehouse (multiple locations)
Adventure Sports
Precise Shooter
Bigg Dogg
DJ's - I visited them and they are fully on board. I expect to drop off a package of materials soon
East County Guns - Elma/Chehalis
Hooked on Toys - Wenatchee
White Elephant - Spokane
Welcher's - Tacoma
Champion Arms - Kent
Pantel Tactical

Social Media:
Facebook
Reddit
Instagram
Snapchat

Forums:
AR15.COM (Raise your hand if you don't have an arfcom account)
Waguns

Broadcast:
570 KVI has a host of talk shows
1000 KOMO has a decided anti-gun bias, but we might get the word out through them somehow.

Clubs and Ranges:
Snoqualmie Valley Rifle Club
Issaquah Sportsmen's
Renton Fish and Game
Black Diamond
Cascade Rifle Club
Interlake Sporting Association
Washington Arms Collectors
Kenmore
Marysville
Norpoint
Custer
Cascade Field and Stream
Tri Cities Shooting Association
Evergreen Sportsman Club - Olympia
Grays Harbor Rifle and Pistol Club - Hoquiam
Upper Nisqually Sportsman's Club
Gig Harbor Sportsman's Club
Cascade Gun Club - downtown Olympia

Competitive Venues
High Power
3 gun
USPSA
IDPA
Precision rifle
Link Posted: 8/26/2018 1:03:33 PM EDT
[#1]
DJ's loan and sport in Bothell is a pretty heavily trafficked gun shop
Link Posted: 8/26/2018 1:36:31 PM EDT
[#2]
Cascade Field and Stream Club in Ellensburg WA. We now 610 memebers. I will make sure to spread info amongst the membership. We are small, but every little bit helps.
Link Posted: 8/26/2018 1:42:53 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Cascade Field and Stream Club in Ellensburg WA. We now 610 memebers. I will make sure to spread info amongst the membership. We are small, but every little bit helps.
View Quote
Awesome. I'll periodically update the OP.

Thank you guys. I'm an individual. I have no budget. No organization. I volunteer for NRA. I've got a facebook group and access to a few other groups.  I've worked to bring people to the public hearings during the legislative sessions in Olympia. And despite a massive effort I still have people tell me they didn't know about the hearings.

My stated goal is this: by election day, every single gun owner in this state will be educated about I-1639. Apathy is killing us.
Link Posted: 8/26/2018 3:12:38 PM EDT
[#4]
East County Guns in Elma and Chehalis

Evergreen Sportsman Club - Olympia
Grays Harbor Rifle and Pistol Club - Hoquiam
Link Posted: 8/26/2018 3:42:00 PM EDT
[#5]
If you are wanting to list gun clubs, you might add Upper Nisqually Sportsman's Club, and Gig Harbor Sportsman's Club.
Link Posted: 8/26/2018 7:16:33 PM EDT
[#6]
Hooked On Toys in Wenatchee is a busy gun shop.

White Elephant in Spokane, if they still exist.
Link Posted: 8/26/2018 9:09:56 PM EDT
[#7]
Three to add off the top of my head:

Capitol City Rifle & Pistol Club (Olympia/Rochester)

Welcher's Gun Shop in Tacoma

Cascade Gun Club in downtown Olympia (not a typo).
Link Posted: 8/26/2018 9:54:24 PM EDT
[#8]
@TNC I concur with everything you say.  We have one important pre-op to attend to though.  Getting all our army REGISTERED to VOTE.  I was shocked to find out that a number of my co-workers are not even registered to vote!!!!!  A lot feel that it is a lost cause and their vote won't matter.  
I spent hours changing a few minds.

We get them registered AND educated!!!

Let's defeat this on the ballot!
Link Posted: 8/26/2018 11:10:06 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
@TNC I concur with everything you say.  We have one important pre-op to attend to though.  Getting all our army REGISTERED to VOTE.  I was shocked to find out that a number of my co-workers are not even registered to vote!!!!!  A lot feel that it is a lost cause and their vote won't matter.  
I spent hours changing a few minds.

We get them registered AND educated!!!

Let's defeat this on the ballot!
View Quote
Amen brother. We need to curb stomp the polls so that King County cannot conjure the result they want.
Link Posted: 8/27/2018 7:36:11 PM EDT
[#10]
Is there a state wide organization that I can donate to and help you guys out in WA?
Link Posted: 8/27/2018 9:39:54 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Is there a state wide organization that I can donate to and help you guys out in WA?
View Quote
SAF is the first one that comes to mind.
Link Posted: 8/28/2018 6:24:07 PM EDT
[#12]
This is going to be a long slog, against tremendous resistance.

Ignoring the moronic newsies and Turd Ferguson and Lisping Jay is recommended.

We need to get the army of gun owners to vote this thing out.
In a lot of states, when "Assault Weapons" type of laws were proposed, they exempted 22LR.
That divided loyalties of gun owners, since a lot of what we refer to as Fudd's, gun owners who are mostly hunters, have no love or need for a 5.56 AR-15 or other magazine fed semi auto.
That's fine that's their decision.  So they usually don't come out in droves to fight something like this, because it doesn't affect them personally.  ( and they fail tot see the long game the antis are playing).

BUT.

In this case, the anti's have screwed up, by not exempting 22LR.  And that gives us an in with the Fudd types.

The Ruger 10/22 is one of the most popular rifles in the country.
Lots of gun owners who would never think of buying an AR-15 have one or more.
They learned to shoot with one.
They teach their kids to shoot with them.
They're ubiquitous.

That's a point of leverage an outrage to get those sideline sitters off the sidelines and actually register and vote against this thing.

Make it personal to them.

There are 17 onerous new rules in this thing.  At least 17.
Every gun owner has to have at least one that affects them.
The safe storage liability bullshit is a huge one.

So when you talk to people, key in on what they personally care about, and hammer the point home on that issue alone.

The Legislature was affected by our meager grass roots effort during this past year's session.
We held them on most bills because of it.  
The legislators know they've awakened a sleeping giant, and are relying on the mob to do their dirty work.
They need to see this thing defeated, by us and our allies, that will be a huge show of force to them to knock this shit off.
Link Posted: 8/28/2018 7:02:43 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Hooken On Toys in Wenatchee is a busy gun shop.

White Elephant in Spokane, if they still exist.
View Quote
yes, white elephant still exists one on division one out on Sprague.
Link Posted: 8/28/2018 9:49:07 PM EDT
[#14]
There is also Champion Arms gun range/shop in Kent
Link Posted: 8/28/2018 11:17:06 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
This is going to be a long slog, against tremendous resistance.

Ignoring the moronic newsies and Turd Ferguson and Lisping Jay is recommended.

We need to get the army of gun owners to vote this thing out.
In a lot of states, when "Assault Weapons" type of laws were proposed, they exempted 22LR.
That divided loyalties of gun owners, since a lot of what we refer to as Fudd's, gun owners who are mostly hunters, have no love or need for a 5.56 AR-15 or other magazine fed semi auto.
That's fine that's their decision.  So they usually don't come out in droves to fight something like this, because it doesn't affect them personally.  ( and they fail tot see the long game the antis are playing).

BUT.

In this case, the anti's have screwed up, by not exempting 22LR.  And that gives us an in with the Fudd types.

The Ruger 10/22 is one of the most popular rifles in the country.
Lots of gun owners who would never think of buying an AR-15 have one or more.
They learned to shoot with one.
They teach their kids to shoot with them.
They're ubiquitous.

That's a point of leverage an outrage to get those sideline sitters off the sidelines and actually register and vote against this thing.

Make it personal to them.

There are 17 onerous new rules in this thing.  At least 17.
Every gun owner has to have at least one that affects them.
The safe storage liability bullshit is a huge one.

So when you talk to people, key in on what they personally care about, and hammer the point home on that issue alone.

The Legislature was affected by our meager grass roots effort during this past year's session.
We held them on most bills because of it.  
The legislators know they've awakened a sleeping giant, and are relying on the mob to do their dirty work.
They need to see this thing defeated, by us and our allies, that will be a huge show of force to them to knock this shit off.
View Quote
I certainly do not want to get anybody over confident, however for those that might be thinking that there is little to no hope:

It’s was twenty years ago but Initiative 676 got “curb stomped” back in 1997:

https://ballotpedia.org/Washington_Handgun_Trigger_Locks,_Initiative_676_(1997)

1.2 million “no” votes to their half million “yes”.

It’s going to take a lot of effort, but we can win this fight!
Link Posted: 8/28/2018 11:52:33 PM EDT
[#16]
For people who think it's a foregone conclusion this shit is going to pass...
"No path to 273"...
Link Posted: 8/29/2018 12:02:50 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

I certainly do not want to get anybody over confident, however for those that might be thinking that there is little to no hope:

It’s was twenty years ago but Initiative 676 got “curb stomped” back in 1997:

https://ballotpedia.org/Washington_Handgun_Trigger_Locks,_Initiative_676_(1997)

1.2 million “no” votes to their half million “yes”.

It’s going to take a lot of effort, but we can win this fight!
View Quote
Completely different demographics and political environment back then.  Hell it may as well have been a different state entirely.
Link Posted: 8/29/2018 10:34:58 AM EDT
[#18]
Yesterday I visited Doug's in Woodinville. The gun shop guy was very receptive.

Every salesperson behind every counter needs a fact sheet on I-1639, and a brief presentation to get customers thinking. They see more new and uniformed gun owners than any other group. They can educate those people who are likely to say "I own guns, but..."

Case in point: my colleague owns a few guns. He's a retired fishing boat captain out of Alaska. He likes shooting, and always wants to talk guns. Yet he had not heard of 1639, and I doubt he opened his ballot. When I gave him a brief summary of the provisions of the law, he didn't seem to care. These are the apathetic people we need to mobilize. And they cannot be won over instantly. It takes time to change perceptions.
Link Posted: 8/29/2018 11:08:34 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Yesterday I visited Doug's in Woodinville. The gun shop guy was very receptive.

Every salesperson behind every counter needs a fact sheet on I-1639, and a brief presentation to get customers thinking. They see more new and uniformed gun owners than any other group. They can educate those people who are likely to say "I own guns, but..."

Case in point: my colleague owns a few guns. He's a retired fishing boat captain out of Alaska. He likes shooting, and always wants to talk guns. Yet he had not heard of 1639, and I doubt he opened his ballot. When I gave him a brief summary of the provisions of the law, he didn't seem to care. These are the apathetic people we need to mobilize. And they cannot be won over instantly. It takes time to change perceptions.
View Quote
Camping out with flyers in front of places like Cabela's, even Dick's, would be a good way to contact the average Joe.
Link Posted: 8/29/2018 12:09:19 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 8/30/2018 9:12:54 AM EDT
[#21]
I've stopped at a few shops after work this week, and the support is overwhelming. They recognize the overreach of this law and they see more gun owners than anyone else. They are our best outreach, be sure to stop in and support your local gun shops.

With low expectations I also visited the gun counter at Big 5. Naturally, corporate policy prevents the store manager from displaying political materials. He does not make that policy, and I did not argue it with him. However, I now have a phone number and if I can gain the attention of their corporate offices we might have a phone in campaign to run.

This week I'll visit Dick's.  I just saw an article stating that their sales are suffering. This seems like a good time to remind them that sportsmen and gun owners constitute a portion of their customer base.

Last time I tried calling Dick's to lodge a complaint I got shunted to endless music on hold.
Link Posted: 8/30/2018 9:28:10 AM EDT
[#22]
This morning I added competitions to the list. Plenty of shooters (different from gun owners) there.
Link Posted: 8/30/2018 10:06:18 AM EDT
[#23]
If you're looking for suggestions on shooting clubs in eastern WA, https://www.tcsa.info/.

I used to shoot there when I lived in the Tri-Cities.
Link Posted: 8/30/2018 1:41:39 PM EDT
[#24]
Do you have a fact sheet made up you could e-mail me. I would be willing to hit up the Spokane shops.
Link Posted: 8/30/2018 1:44:22 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Do you have a fact sheet made up you could e-mail me. I would be willing to hit up the Spokane shops.
View Quote
Direct link to download printable materials:

https://www.initiative1639.org/take-action/

Download the Guide
Link Posted: 8/31/2018 1:17:30 AM EDT
[#26]
Thanks for posting links to materials. Much appreciated!
Link Posted: 8/31/2018 11:04:57 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Thanks for posting links to materials. Much appreciated!
View Quote
would you print some and post them at your local range? Let us know which one so we don't duplicate efforts.
Link Posted: 8/31/2018 12:10:50 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
View Quote
A friend of mine just volunteered to be an NRA rep in your area. I'd like to connect you with him, hit me up by IM
Link Posted: 8/31/2018 12:21:36 PM EDT
[#29]
Place marker: OP has been updated with suggestions. Keep 'em coming.

Now get out to those ranges, clubs, and shops, and spread the word.
Link Posted: 8/31/2018 2:05:23 PM EDT
[#30]
Paul Allen got to the Tulalip tribe.  We were buying a "No on I-1639" billboard, when "all of a sudden..."

"I was notified today that the tribal leaders (who own the sign) decided today they will no longer accept political or religious advertisements."

Curious timing...
Link Posted: 8/31/2018 4:57:13 PM EDT
[#31]
Sweet thanks man.
Link Posted: 8/31/2018 7:32:27 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Sweet thanks man.
View Quote
Thanks for the help! I asked my friend to contact you.

A little status update: Arfcom and Facebook are my two primary social media outlets. I'm helping manage a facebook group that was started just a few days ago. We now have 400 members, and it's part of a national group. The response has been overwhelming. Today I had the day off, and spent the whole day replying to texts, getting people hooked up with materials, and generally administering daily operations of a guerrilla election campaign.

The big groups I've spoken with have given me verbal commitments to cooperate, and we already saw SAF and NRA join their lawsuits to stop 1639. This is huge. Previously, every group wanted to do their own thing.

We have two months to organize this. Every day we waste is votes lost.
Link Posted: 8/31/2018 7:36:41 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Paul Allen got to the Tulalip tribe.  We were buying a "No on I-1639" billboard, when "all of a sudden..."

"I was notified today that the tribal leaders (who own the sign) decided today they will no longer accept political or religious advertisements."

Curious timing...
View Quote
Not to say that it wasn’t Seattle Seahawks owner Paul Allen that changed the tribe’s mind, but it might also have something to do with this incident from their recent past:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marysville_Pilchuck_High_School_shooting
Link Posted: 8/31/2018 8:24:57 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Not to say that it wasn’t Seattle Seahawks owner Paul Allen that changed the tribe’s mind, but it might also have something to do with this incident from their recent past:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Curious timing...

LOL!
Maybe...but the tribe support of the salmon catch quota negotiation hell two years ago resulted in a rather effective boycott of the fishing gear area of the Washington State Cabelas stores...especially the one at Tulalip. It was very noticeable when I would walk past that area.

They know better.

They'll get boycotted like Dick's Sporting goods and they know it.
Link Posted: 8/31/2018 8:41:07 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View Quote
I'm very close to that event.

It would be interesting to see what billboards they have allowed over the past decade.
Link Posted: 9/2/2018 1:39:09 AM EDT
[#36]
Just doing some light reading tonight.

https://sos.wa.gov/_assets/elections/initiatives/finaltext_1531.pdf
Link Posted: 9/2/2018 2:25:44 AM EDT
[#37]
Page 27 of the initiative:

(24) "Secure gun storage" means:
(a) A locked box, gun safe, or other secure locked storage space
that is designed to prevent unauthorized use or discharge of a
firearm; and
(b) The act of keeping an unloaded firearm stored by such means.

I forgot about this point. Make sure to emphasize this when talking to people. So many of us have bed side safes, but this would be illegal under this new law.
Link Posted: 9/2/2018 3:41:20 AM EDT
[#38]
This section is terrifying. The DOL will determine a way to conduct annual reviews. If they feel that it is necessary, they can assemble a committee of public and private individuals to review your eligibility to own a firearm. If there is something in your history they do not like "for any reason" (doesn't specify reasons from RCW 9.41.040), they can confiscate your firearms. Please tell me it's just late and I'm reading this wrong.

This is incredibly flawed. First, criminals will not be subject to this review because they illegally obtained their firearm in the first place. Secondly, who are these individuals that would be a part of this committee? What is their background? What do they know about firearms? Most importantly, what is their bias?

NEW SECTION. Sec. 15. A new section is added to chapter 9.41 RCW to read as follows:
(1) Within twelve months of the effective date of this section, the department of licensing shall, in conjunction with the Washington state patrol and other state and local law enforcement agencies as necessary, develop a cost-effective and efficient process to:
(a) Verify, on an annual or more frequent basis, that persons who acquired pistols or semiautomatic assault rifles pursuant to this chapter remain eligible to possess a firearm under state and federal law; and
(b) If such persons are determined to be ineligible for any reason, (i) notify and provide the relevant information to the chief of police or the sheriff of the jurisdiction in which the purchaser resides and (ii) take steps to ensure such persons are not illegally in possession of firearms.
(2) The department of licensing, where appropriate, may consult with individuals from the public and private sector or ask the individuals to establish a temporary advisory committee to accomplish the purposes in subsection (1) of this section. Members of such an advisory committee are not entitled to expense reimbursement.

It is critical that we get the word out about the dangers of this initiative. Our survival as gun owners rests on our shoulders.
Link Posted: 9/2/2018 3:49:39 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Page 27 of the initiative:

(24) "Secure gun storage" means:
(a) A locked box, gun safe, or other secure locked storage space
that is designed to prevent unauthorized use or discharge of a
firearm; and
(b) The act of keeping an unloaded firearm stored by such means.

I forgot about this point. Make sure to emphasize this when talking to people. So many of us have bed side safes, but this would be illegal under this new law.
View Quote
That is unconstitutional, violates the Heller decision.
Link Posted: 9/2/2018 3:55:56 PM EDT
[#40]
Pantel Tactical in Renton had stickers/flyers on the counter yesterday. You can add that one to the list as well.
Link Posted: 9/2/2018 11:55:44 PM EDT
[#41]
Yesterday we dropped off flyers and stickers at gun shops all along the I-5 corridor. We supplied most shops between Outdoor Emporium and Norpoint.

If we missed anyone, it was an oversight. We spent all day on the road, talking to shop owners and sales people. Every single one of them was 100% on board with educating their customers.

The only remotely negative response came from Cabela's. We have to get permission from Corporate to distribute materials. That follow-up is supposed to happen next week. The store manager and all the salespeople at the counter were 100% on board with the anti-1639 message.

Sportsman's warehouse gave us a similar response, which we'll follow up on. But they specifically mentioned the Dick's policy. And they don't want to be Dick's.
Link Posted: 9/3/2018 4:49:32 PM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 9/3/2018 8:07:10 PM EDT
[#43]
Give em Hell boys.  A long time Wet Side resident is pulling for you from AZ.  Will give the folks I know back there a nudge in the ribs to get out and slam the door on this.

Sir James...
Link Posted: 9/3/2018 9:02:07 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Give em Hell boys.  A long time Wet Side resident is pulling for you from AZ.  Will give the folks I know back there a nudge in the ribs to get out and slam the door on this.

Sir James...
View Quote
thank you! We will need all the help we can get.
Link Posted: 9/4/2018 12:02:25 AM EDT
[#45]
I delivered materials to various locations in Kitsap County area.

MKR Tactical Solutions
Two different FFLs
Poulsbo Sportsman Club. RSO said he would take some up to Port Townsend Sportsman Club.
Boerner Firearms
Link Posted: 9/5/2018 12:37:16 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Three to add off the top of my head:

Capitol City Rifle & Pistol Club (Olympia/Rochester)

Welcher's Gun Shop in Tacoma

Cascade Gun Club in downtown Olympia (not a typo).
View Quote
Haven't heard of Cascade yet.  Have been going to Glacier Gun Club in downtown Olympia.
Link Posted: 9/5/2018 1:15:44 AM EDT
[#47]
Yall are bringing a sharp stick to a gunfight.

You wont win this in gunstores.  The math says they dont matter.  Do the math.

If you want to stop this, you have to turn the libmob against it.  You have to speak their language.

These are the kinds of posters that need to get plastered all over Seattle:

DON'T LEAVE POC DEFENSELESS IN THE FACE OF FASCISM, STOP 1639

WE DO NOT LET THE 0.01% BUY OUR LAWS.  NO 1639

THEY WILL NOT DISARM THE REVOLUTION, VOTE NO 1639

STOP FASCISTS.  STOP RACISM.  STOP 1639

WHY DOES THE 0.01% WANT US DEFENSELESS WITH 1639?!

1639 IS JUST WHAT TRUMP WANTS

Some will believe it without looking twice.  Some will start to doubt.  THAT is how we stop this.
Link Posted: 9/5/2018 9:46:30 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Yall are bringing a sharp stick to a gunfight.

You wont win this in gunstores.  The math says they dont matter.  Do the math.

If you want to stop this, you have to turn the libmob against it.  You have to speak their language.

These are the kinds of posters that need to get plastered all over Seattle:

DON'T LEAVE POC DEFENSELESS IN THE FACE OF FASCISM, STOP 1639

WE DO NOT LET THE 0.01% BUY OUR LAWS.  NO 1639

THEY WILL NOT DISARM THE REVOLUTION, VOTE NO 1639

STOP FASCISTS.  STOP RACISM.  STOP 1639

WHY DOES THE 0.01% WANT US DEFENSELESS WITH 1639?!

1639 IS JUST WHAT TRUMP WANTS

Some will believe it without looking twice.  Some will start to doubt.  THAT is how we stop this.
View Quote
Awesome! I've printed hundreds of posters at Staples. You can do the same.

Just like a math test, show your work. How did you arrive at your conclusion?
Link Posted: 9/5/2018 9:05:46 PM EDT
[#49]
Picked up some goodies at Pantel Tactical today.  Nice display, right on the counter, of NO ON I-1639 literature and bumper stickers.
Link Posted: 9/6/2018 1:33:35 AM EDT
[#50]
This is valid point and viable tactic we need to look at. Turn their rhetoric against them. This is where they are vulnerable. The Trump presidency has shown us they will destroy their own agenda if it means fighting "facism" and the 1%. Otherwise we are boxing against an opponent with lead weight in his gloves.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 10
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top