Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/17/2021 8:09:55 AM EDT
One tuff truck. Lmao. Anyway, anyone know if they done tore down that bridge yet and opened highway? Or am I taking a detour when I go down to savannah?
Link Posted: 7/17/2021 8:15:54 AM EDT
[#1]
News just said they tore it down and the road is reopened.
Link Posted: 7/17/2021 7:32:38 PM EDT
[#2]
Awesome
Link Posted: 7/17/2021 11:45:27 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 7/18/2021 12:19:04 PM EDT
[#4]
That did actually happen? It went around in text messages up here, thought it had to be a joke.

The insurance man is gonna LOVE that guy.
Link Posted: 7/18/2021 6:09:12 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 7/18/2021 7:16:58 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Tenderly. I'm gonna guess his CDL is gone if the rumor of how it happened turns out true.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
That did actually happen? It went around in text messages up here, thought it had to be a joke.

The insurance man is gonna LOVE that guy.

Tenderly. I'm gonna guess his CDL is gone if the rumor of how it happened turns out true.

I heard that rumor too.

Having driven through Georgia last month on the way to Florida, I feel sorry for everyone who has to drive that area. What's the timeframe to have the bridge complete?

ETA-If Georgia does things like IA, emergency roadwork due to driver stupidity is billed to the driver and insurance at overtime rate-gonna be very expensive.
Link Posted: 7/18/2021 7:50:45 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 7/19/2021 10:13:22 AM EDT
[#8]
I'm still trying to figure out how the bridge shifted like that from a truck impact! That looks like some sketchy construction to begin with.
Link Posted: 7/19/2021 1:11:05 PM EDT
[#9]
What's the rumor
Link Posted: 7/19/2021 2:17:36 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
What's the rumor
View Quote
Driver had his GF in the truck with him and she had her head in his lap - accidentally hit the switch. At least that's what I heard...sounds sketchy unless they did an override on the lockout.

Link Posted: 7/20/2021 10:29:37 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I'm still trying to figure out how the bridge shifted like that from a truck impact! That looks like some sketchy construction to begin with.
View Quote
Roughly 26-30k lbs moving at 65+ mph is a lot of energy...
Link Posted: 7/21/2021 12:47:19 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Driver had his GF in the truck with him and she had her head in his lap - accidentally hit the switch. At least that's what I heard...sounds sketchy unless they did an override on the lockout.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
What's the rumor

That could cause distracted driving
Link Posted: 7/21/2021 12:47:59 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View Quote

ALOT of energy
Link Posted: 7/24/2021 10:08:30 AM EDT
[#14]
The closures on 16 and 95 are gonna be just peachy if they pop up during peak hurricane shenanigans in a month or so.
Link Posted: 7/25/2021 7:39:26 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
The closures on 16 and 95 are gonna be just peachy if they pop up during peak hurricane shenanigans in a month or so.
View Quote

I routinely travel from the Atlanta area to St Simons Island and never spend a second on either road.

You can take 341 from Perry to literally the base of the Sidney Lanier bridge in Brunswick.  Probably half the ride is 65 mph speed limit.  Add the 10 mph cushion provided by law and your traveling at interstate speed.
Link Posted: 7/25/2021 7:43:57 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View Quote

It is my belief that I-16 was designed for road head. There is no other explanation for how awful that Hwy is.
Link Posted: 7/25/2021 8:24:42 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 7/25/2021 10:05:57 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

First place I received it.

I16 is the most boring drive ever. I made the drive from Macon to Savannah twice a week for 5 years. It sucked.
View Quote

Sux donkey balls
Link Posted: 7/26/2021 9:10:01 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Sux donkey balls
View Quote
Apparently not all it sucks...
Link Posted: 8/1/2021 6:46:05 PM EDT
[#20]
Passed it today, old bridge parts and any rubble are long gone, probably take a year to get it rebuilt. I hate it for the local folks, but all I could think of was "damn, that must have been a big impact"
Link Posted: 8/1/2021 9:01:04 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View Quote

Assuming a round number of 25,000 lb and 65 mph, the kinetic energy is: 3,530,969 ft-lb. (according to google)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top