Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
Member Login

Page Hometown » Iowa
Site Notices
Posted: 1/3/2021 1:23:42 PM EST
Link Posted: 1/3/2021 10:46:08 PM EST
Friend of mine went, looking for an entry level 16 gauge O/U with no luck, other than that he didn't see much of anything noteworthy.
Link Posted: 1/3/2021 10:54:42 PM EST
Place was packed Saturday morning. I stood outside and passed out 2A Day flyers for awhile before going in. Made a few small purchases. Gun/ammo prices were high but like you would expect. Nice venue but parking was $10.
Link Posted: 1/4/2021 9:29:56 AM EST
It was crap.  Maybe a third of the tables had guns.  Rest were knives, surplus, food, luggage, etc.  Expensive to get in and expensive parking.  Saturday morning was fairly crowded.  

There's been a handful of gunshows in downtown Des Moines over the years.  This was the first in a long time.
Link Posted: 1/8/2021 8:27:22 PM EST
I've only been to a couple of shows, but this one was notably unpleasant. Parking $10, entry $10, and nothing really worth buying unless you don't have the internet (pretty much all shows). Saw multiple vendors selling standard brass 223 for $2 a round. Naturally, multiple booths with UTG, NCstar, AIM, etc. products for pretty shocking prices. I'd say it was worth going for the experience, but it was packed with a bunch of non-maskers and cheap/high-priced stuff. You should be glad you didn't make it
Link Posted: 1/8/2021 11:56:51 PM EST
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By skrupz:
I've only been to a couple of shows, but this one was notably unpleasant. Parking $10, entry $10, and nothing really worth buying unless you don't have the internet (pretty much all shows). Saw multiple vendors selling standard brass 223 for $2 a round. Naturally, multiple booths with UTG, NCstar, AIM, etc. products for pretty shocking prices. I'd say it was worth going for the experience, but it was packed with a bunch of non-maskers and cheap/high-priced stuff. You should be glad you didn't make it
View Quote

Now I'm pissed I didn't go. Any business not forcing the mask issue deserves at least a little of my money.
Link Posted: 1/9/2021 11:15:35 PM EST
Originally Posted By shack357:

Now I'm pissed I didn't go. Any business not forcing the mask issue deserves at least a little of my money.
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/10/2021 11:52:35 AM EST
Originally Posted By shack357:

View Quote

I didnt wear one in the Brownells store yesterday.
Page Hometown » Iowa
Top Top