Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/25/2019 1:19:08 PM EDT
I went this morning, if it helps anybody decide I would recommend skipping it and spending your $9 and time on something else.

Hall was about 3/4 full of tables but the rear two rows were all non-gun stuff.  Books, clothes, etc.  
some old guys with interesting but overpriced antique/collectible guns, a couple "tactical" ar shops selling cheap ar parts for the price of high quality parts, tons of jewelry, clothes, etc, and the normal range of FFLs selling new guns for 10-30% more than larry's.

there was a guy on the back row with a pallet of $5 50cal ammo cans.  Scuffed up in the outside, but most were spotless on the inside.  Otherwise there was nothing useful for me.
Link Posted: 5/25/2019 5:55:26 PM EDT
[#1]
I agree, it wasn't anything special. The only thing I ended up getting was a .50 cal ammo can from the dude in the back, though I opted for one of his $10 ones in really nice condition.

One table on the first row had a couple of Essential Arms pre-ban J-15 AR's this morning (both set up as 20" A1's). I considered buying both of them and posting them on the EE, in order to get a couple more pre-ban rifles into CT, but then I looked closely at them. I couldn't get the safety to budge on the first one I picked up, despite racking the charging handle to ensure the hammer was down. The table monkey saw me fiddling with it and asked me not to take it apart. I told him I wasn't, I was just trying to put it on safe. He replied the safety wouldn't work with the rifle out of battery. I said it should work just fine as the hammer is down and the disconnector is engaged. He then said something about there being no way to know if the hammer was down with it being "so far out of battery." Um, the further out of battery it is, the more certain we can be that the hammer is down, as the bolt carrier prevents it from being up. Dude obviously knew nothing about the inner workings of an AR. According to him, both rifles were part of an EA contract for the Philippine military, assembled by the friend of another dealer there (the guy wearing the 1st SFOD-D 'Delta Force' t-shirt). I'm fairly certain the Philippine military contract was a load of gun show bullshit, spouted by an idiot who didn't know his ass from a hole in the ground. The second one looked as if it had been hand painted black by a drunken monkey, rather than anodized. To top it off, the A1 flash hider was tight, but there was a good 1/4" gap between it and the back of the threading, with a crush washer moving freely in that space.
Link Posted: 5/26/2019 1:43:47 AM EDT
[#2]
I appreciate the heads up. I was thinking about going tomorrow. I'll spend the time doing yard work instead. The Memorial weekend show usually is the worst VBC show of the year. I mainly only score ammo and bayonets at that show anyway. I think I've only bought 2 guns total there since they started it back up a few years ago.
Link Posted: 6/3/2019 2:54:19 PM EDT
[#3]
i went and actually found some deals. i bought several boxes of 32acp ammo for $10 per. and traded some other ammo that i scored at walmart for less than $20 for two bricks of CCI Small pistol primers. i left happy.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top