Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/1/2022 2:20:01 AM EDT
Now that RCPS stopped running 2 or 3 gun matches, is there anywhere within a reasonable drive of Huntsville / Madison having matches?
Link Posted: 1/4/2022 5:38:41 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Now that RCPS stopped running 2 or 3 gun matches, is there anywhere within a reasonable drive of Huntsville / Madison having matches?
View Quote

Why did they stop running matches?  Not enough Shooters?  Not enough Range Officers?
Link Posted: 1/4/2022 10:13:45 PM EDT
[#2]
Who was running the matches? Rob Thompkins used to at Arab and might have ran a few when they first moved to Cavern Cove.

I think Dave Horn and maybe Stephan helped a bit early on.

@evnash do you know what’s up out there?
Link Posted: 1/7/2022 11:51:46 PM EDT
[#3]
Heard they lost their match director.  I try and get down for the matches whenever I can, but work a lot of hours so it’s hard to be real consistent.
Link Posted: 1/9/2022 11:46:26 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Who was running the matches? Rob Thompkins used to at Arab and might have ran a few when they first moved to Cavern Cove.

I think Dave Horn and maybe Stephan helped a bit early on.

@evnash do you know what’s up out there?
View Quote

Jody Tippett had picked up the matches but stopped running them as of December 2020.  I was never able to make them because they were held on Sundays and that made it almost impossible for me to make it.

I hadn’t heard of anything beyond 2-gun rimfire matches or something along those lines since then.
Link Posted: 1/12/2022 9:37:13 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Jody Tippett had picked up the matches but stopped running them as of December 2020.  I was never able to make them because they were held on Sundays and that made it almost impossible for me to make it.

I hadn’t heard of anything beyond 2-gun rimfire matches or something along those lines since then.
View Quote

Who can I contact to help run matches?  I have a little experience but I am willing to learn!
Link Posted: 1/19/2022 12:59:55 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Who can I contact to help run matches?  I have a little experience but I am willing to learn!
View Quote

Same boat and willing to help as well
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top