Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 11/10/2020 6:17:15 PM EDT
Hello Folks. I live in the McHenry County are of IL. Have been looking for a hunting land parcel to use for hunting and/or as an outdoor range in the bordering WI. Not looking to spend a ton, the cheaper the better :) . Just a fellow ARFCOMer looking for something good outside of any restrictive local or municipal ordinances to enjoy our 2A rights.

Morever, WI allows rifle hunting which is a major plus. A few of friends are looking for the same as well. Any suggestions on good areas close by welcome.
Link Posted: 11/13/2020 11:22:01 PM EDT
Land down here ain't much cheaper than IL.  

There were some nice 80acre+ parcels, but you're talking $800K to a million.
Link Posted: 11/14/2020 3:25:57 AM EDT
For hunting, you may have to look at public lands.

https://dnr.wi.gov/topic/outdoorrecreation/index.aspx just select the county you want. Also if you havent looked already, A gun deer license for out of state is $165.
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 2:47:57 AM EDT
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Rob940:
For hunting, you may have to look at public lands.

https://dnr.wi.gov/topic/outdoorrecreation/index.aspx just select the county you want. Also if you havent looked already, A gun deer license for out of state is $165.
View Quote

Thanks and appreciate that but was looking for land for private use to use as fun/private shooting range etc.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 12:14:24 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/15/2021 12:15:24 AM EDT by Brotherbadger]
Originally Posted By bob9181:

Thanks and appreciate that but was looking for land for private use to use as fun/private shooting range etc.
View Quote

If you're not looking to spend a ton, you aren't going to find much in southern Wisconsin. You're more than likely going to be driving 3+ hours before finding something. Most parcels in southern Wisconsin tend to be pretty expensive as it's all great farmland.

Source: I did the same thing about 4 years ago. Took me about 6 months of weekends driving around Wisconsin looking at perspective lots, but I finally found what I wanted up in Price County.
Link Posted: 2/10/2021 11:12:41 PM EDT
Originally Posted By Brotherbadger:

If you're not looking to spend a ton, you aren't going to find much in southern Wisconsin. You're more than likely going to be driving 3+ hours before finding something. Most parcels in southern Wisconsin tend to be pretty expensive as it's all great farmland.

Source: I did the same thing about 4 years ago. Took me about 6 months of weekends driving around Wisconsin looking at perspective lots, but I finally found what I wanted up in Price County.
View Quote

------
Lucky you....I will keep scouting as well. Been my dream to have my own private range / land for myself and my kids.
Top Top