Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/23/2021 8:03:53 PM EDT
Haven’t eaten at one in ages so wife and I decided to stop in.

We were greeted by two huge no firearms signs complete with the phrase “As authorized by T.C.A. § 39-17-1359.”

Never going back and I sent a similar message to their corporate comments page.

Is this company wide?

It’s rare you see them anywhere in these parts...
Link Posted: 7/23/2021 8:18:27 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 7/23/2021 8:27:17 PM EDT
[#2]
Got a reply from corporate and apparently this is a franchise owner’s decision not corporate policy.

Need to find out who owns this one.
Link Posted: 7/23/2021 10:00:48 PM EDT
[#3]
Must be a carpetbagging owner, IMO. I would doubt a local would do this to ensure his business lacks customers.
Link Posted: 7/23/2021 11:46:27 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 7/24/2021 12:32:00 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I eat there a few times a month, the food is decent and there is hardly ever a crowd. They really don't need to be running off customers. More variety of better food is only 10 minutes north in Cookeville.
View Quote

I agree, service was really good the lone lady waiting tables was a rockstar, amazing job. Food was hot and very satisfying.

But fuck the franchise policy...
Link Posted: 7/24/2021 7:18:20 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

I eat there a few times a month, the food is decent and there is hardly ever a crowd. They really don't need to be running off customers. More variety of better food is only 10 minutes north in Cookeville.
View Quote

I used to go to Cookeville in the 1960s, taking my cousin back to Tech. There was ONE place in town that sold beer & had dancing. ONE. The Holiday Inn of all places.

I think there were like four restaurants entirely in town then, all mom & pop joints. Compare that to now.  
Link Posted: 7/25/2021 5:20:39 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Got a reply from corporate and apparently this is a franchise owner’s decision not corporate policy.

Need to find out who owns this one.
View Quote

Yep. Every other huddle house I’ve seen has absolutely no signage whatsoever.

Even saw one of the cooks open carrying - back before covid when they were still open at like 2am etc.

It’s why we pick them over Waffle House. WH’s ban is a corporate decision.
Link Posted: 7/26/2021 9:11:10 AM EDT
[#8]
when i left cookeville last year, only two restaurants had posted.  buffalo wild wings and the mexican place on willow and broad
Link Posted: 8/10/2021 10:15:15 AM EDT
[#9]
Most posted signs I see aren't legal anyways, there is a reason they have specifications

Tennessee No Guns Signs
As of July 1, 2016, amendments to Section 39-17-1359, which made changes to the requirements for posted signs, will take effect. Tenn. Code Ann. § 39-17-1359 (b) (3) (A) A sign shall be used as the method of posting. The sign shall include the phrase "NO FIREARMS ALLOWED", and the phrase shall measure at least one inch (1") high and eight inches (8") wide. The sign shall also include the phrase "As authorized by T.C.A. Section 39-17-1359". (B) The sign shall include a pictorial representation of the phrase "NO FIREARMS ALLOWED" that shall include a circle with a diagonal line through the circle and an image of a firearm inside the circle under the diagonal line. The entire pictorial representation shall be at least four inches (4") high and four inches (4") wide. The diagonal line shall be at a forty-five degree (45deg.) angle from the upper left to the lower right side of the circle.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top