Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/21/2020 10:23:46 AM EDT
So far, so good here in way downeast.
I'm pretty much retired but the SO works in home healthcare.
So we're both being as cautious as we can..
If I get it...it will put her out of work.
About everything is closed except Hannaford, IGA, gas stations & pharmacys.
Been doing some spring cleanup out side but little to no social meetups.
We're set for awhile on grub & fuel and if the TP runs out we got old tee shirts and a wood stove.
Will need to venture out Monday for cow grain & chicken feed.
So how are ya all doing.. Is it a zoo in your AO?
Be safe...
Link Posted: 3/21/2020 4:36:28 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 3/21/2020 6:34:44 PM EDT
[#2]
Fine here in the lakes region. Wife is due with our first child in June so we decided it was best she took time off work right now as she can't work from home and see's the public regularly in her field.

Grocery store was well picked over this AM but we've been ready before the SHTF and I had been adding more stock in the past month or so based on watching this thing since January.

Interesting times for sure. Noticed it was pretty quiet today while I worked in the yard as far as traffic driving by and the mood in the grocery store definitely had changed since the last time I was in there.
Link Posted: 3/22/2020 8:33:15 PM EDT
[#3]
I’m in the western mountains. Things are quiet here, not much open. I’m still working but I think they’re going to make me start working from home, which won’t be easy since I can’t really do my job from home.

I just got back to work 3 weeks ago after missing 9 months to deal with cancer and heart surgery. My boss told me on Thursday to call my doctor to get advised on whether or not I should stay home and the doctor said given my recent medical history, that I should, so I have to tell my boss that tomorrow.

My wife isn’t working now and my daughter got a Coronavirus related lay-off. We’re pretty well stocked up on many essentials so we should be ok.
Link Posted: 3/22/2020 8:39:04 PM EDT
[#4]
preparing for a big garden this summer...
Figure it might be a good year for a roadside stand....
Link Posted: 3/30/2020 3:07:46 PM EDT
[#5]
All quiet in Southern Maine.

Thankfully we have a small farm and a good sized chunk of land and are / have been, prepared though more out of habit than by any special planning.

I am "essential" so still working, though I can do a lot of it from home which is nice, but the rest of the time I'm mostly in MA but at least traffic is light!

Quite by accident I bought a SIG P365XL literally days before the buying spree started.  At least I've had time to run a hundred or so rounds through that.  Wicked nice gun but oddly am having issues with self defense ammo failing to extract.  Regular ball ammo is problem free.  Go figure.
Link Posted: 4/1/2020 11:51:59 AM EDT
[#6]
Essential here too. Things are calm in my neck of the woods in Penobscott county but people are annoyed and most now are more worried about the economy (myself included) than the virus. This whole pandemic is holding up my change of career into an electrical apprenticeship unfortunately.

Thankfully I live with a friend right now and we are sort of helping his dad out by staying in his dads place while his dad stays in recently passed family members house just up the road and our living expenses are extremely low for the time being. Both of us are essential but we are trying to get outside and stay active during off time.

We are living on a large parcel of farm land so lots of yard work to be done as the weather permits. Plus the 3 of us are discussing building a shooting range on the property so we got plenty to do Between taking down trees, burning brush, working on motorcycles and guns. Not to mention my friends family has a huge collection of classic movies I haven't watched and both of us have a ton of video games and books. No excuse for two mid twenties dudes to be bored.

Stay safe everyone.
Link Posted: 4/1/2020 3:20:48 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Essential here too. Things are calm in my neck of the woods in Penobscott county but people are annoyed and most now are more worried about the economy (myself included) than the virus. This whole pandemic is holding up my change of career into an electrical apprenticeship unfortunately.

Thankfully I live with a friend right now and we are sort of helping his dad out by staying in his dads place while his dad stays in recently passed family members house just up the road and our living expenses are extremely low for the time being. Both of us are essential but we are trying to get outside and stay active during off time.

We are living on a large parcel of farm land so lots of yard work to be done as the weather permits. Plus the 3 of us are discussing building a shooting range on the property so we got plenty to do Between taking down trees, burning brush, working on motorcycles and guns. Not to mention my friends family has a huge collection of classic movies I haven't watched and both of us have a ton of video games and books. No excuse for two mid twenties dudes to be bored.

Stay safe everyone.
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/2/2020 11:16:19 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View Quote

And I woke up this morning to an email to get my helpers license and take an online OSHA course. Looks like the ball is starting to roll on my career change
Link Posted: 4/4/2020 7:28:02 PM EDT
[#9]
Best of luck on your electrician journey, WhiteFang! Things are going well here in Southern Maine. Mixture of working remote and being present at work. Getting lots of reloading done.
Link Posted: 4/5/2020 11:14:00 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Best of luck on your electrician journey, WhiteFang! Things are going well here in Southern Maine. Mixture of working remote and being present at work. Getting lots of reloading done.
View Quote

The OSHA course is making me scared of getting electrocuted

Link Posted: 4/18/2020 6:15:17 PM EDT
[#11]
I've actually been working more during this.I'm in the food processing industry.Supermarkets want more of everything.The drive to work is very nice these days.Got the roads mostly to myself.Sometimes a Pandemic has side benefits.
Local gun shop has a vastly reduced inventory.
when this ends I will be planting the garden again as usual.
Still have lots of stuff from last years garden in the pantry.
Stay safe and be prepared everyone.
Link Posted: 5/1/2020 7:23:27 AM EDT
[#12]
Just outside of augusta doing fine here. Did finally find a package of tp last week this work tp sucks.  

We made it on tuckers show again @3:10 ish

Tucker Calls Out Maine Gov. Janet Mills a Second Time

After blasting Maine’s gov, Tucker talks to brave citizen defying her orders
Link Posted: 5/1/2020 8:11:15 AM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By drok556:
We made it on tuckers show again @3:10 ish 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oV9pswPk0lg
 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DOTNQeEKeDg
View Quote

Spot on, thanks for posting.
Link Posted: 5/1/2020 9:01:58 PM EDT
[#14]
The state is so fucked by her.  My company survived April okay but May is even slower.  

The cancelling of summer is going to decimate anything remotely connected to tourism.  We all know this POS is going to raise taxes rather than cut anything government.  I see some very very painful times ahead.  I cant imagine how many hotels and restaurants are going to fold up because of this.  

The mask horse shit is also so over the top.  Just tonight I got scolded in Cumberland farms about wearing a mask.  I've decided that I'm not engaging just ignore and continue conversation like the do gooders isnt even talking to me.  But I'm afraid stores are going to start barring people from entering without a mask.
Link Posted: 5/3/2020 7:06:42 AM EDT
[#15]
Yea it is.  All the gas stations and small stores dont care about the masks by me, its just the bigger places like walmart and hannaford (ive heard)
Link Posted: 5/5/2020 10:40:32 AM EDT
[#16]
I went to the Hannaford in Machias a couple days ago..
They're limiting the total number of people in the store..
As I parked there's a van in the next row...
Man, wife and FIVE fkn.. kids bailed out...nice..
I left & came back ~ an hour later.. Had mask in pocket..
I asked the door tenders of masks were mandatory..
He said they encourage everyone to wear one but they can't refuse you is you don't.
I thought that was cool so I put on the mask & got my shopping done.
Oh yes...FJM
Link Posted: 5/19/2020 1:52:42 PM EDT
[#17]
Not sure from what day

Attachment Attached File

Got this in a text from a buddy (i dont do FB)  This would make 2020 a bit better of a year
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top