Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/29/2020 5:40:39 PM EDT
Little background- born in Gastonia, grew up between Elon and Fairbanks AK, flunked out of WCU and back to Alaska.

Mom just inherited a piece of land near Marshall and the wife and I will be moving down to NC ways so she can finish nursing school in Asheville and I can figure out what I want to be when I grow up. Her horse is at Ft Bragg and we’d be able to keep it on the property there at least.

My uncle and aunt went to Mars Hill back in the 80’s and lived in Maggie Valley before moving to Alaska but they don’t remember a whole lot. I’m just happy to be closer to Merle-Fest (Doc’s nephew is a family friend) and fish the broad again.

How is the area? Methhead central?
Schools worth a shit?
Any gun ranges nearby with USPSA clubs?
Link Posted: 1/30/2020 8:07:56 PM EDT
[#1]
"I can figure out what I want to be when I grow up"

Never grow up, it's a trap.

"My uncle and aunt went to Mars Hill back in the 80’s...but they don’t remember a whole lot"

It's a very very different place now than back then.

"How is the area?"

Marshall is now the up and coming suburb of the northern side of Asheville.  It's the next part that is even partially undeveloped.

Depending on where in Marshall you guys will be, there is a walmart, publix, lowes, etc. 10 minutes from downtown Marshall.

Lots of hiking, fishing, etc. nearby.  Ski resort out on the NC / TN line.

Lots of hippies and hipsters and potheads.

Houses are expensive and hard to find.  The housing market is super hot around here - I'm a real estate developer.  I'M happy about the market.  Not so much everyone else.

"Methhead central?"

Definitely up here, but not as bad as alot of other places in the mountains.  They are getting priced out by the growing cost for housing.

"Schools worth a shit?"

Dunno, no kids.

"Any gun ranges nearby with USPSA clubs?"

Dunno, I shoot on private property.  I assume there's one nearby somewhere, lots of $$$ people around here.

I know there's one up near Burnsville somewhere  (to the NE of Marshall)

Like I said above, I'm a real estate developer. Let me know if you guys need any help with construction or whatever.  Especially with putting up a house.  (I can build a quality new house cheaper than you can buy one on the used market around here by a significant amount in the current market.  I also offer a seriously fat referral / customer finders fee if you bring me a customer who actually buys a house from me.)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top