Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/23/2021 11:54:59 AM EDT
Merry Christmas Eve Eve everyone.  My buddy is heading up to the UP in a week and was wondering if there's any snow on the ground yet.  I would assume yes, but have no idea how much.  He's staying near Hiawatha Ntl. Forest.  Thanks in advance!
Link Posted: 12/24/2021 8:24:42 AM EDT
[#1]
https://www.ncdc.noaa.gov/snow-and-ice/daily-snow/MI/snow-depth/20211221

Some where between 9" and 0" from this link. Best to call ahead.
Link Posted: 12/24/2021 8:41:24 AM EDT
[#2]
About 8" in Watersmeet area in Ottawa Natl Forest. My daughter lives on the shores of Huron Bay north of L'Anse. I know they've got snow, when she gets here this afternoon, I'll find out how much and edit this post. But keep this in mind, snow depth in the U.P. can vary wildly over short distances, due to the lake effect nature of it.

edit: as of noon today, there was about 5" in L'anse area, and the snow in Watersmeet area has melted down to only a few inches, with bare spots in sunny areas. It was almost 40 degrees in the western U.P. today, with rain in the morning.
Link Posted: 12/25/2021 9:38:58 AM EDT
[#3]
Thank you for the info, and Merry Christmas!
Link Posted: 12/25/2021 9:13:13 PM EDT
[#4]
iron mountain area forecast  6-10" snow late sunday, early monday. probably only a couple inches currently on the ground.

saw a couple people out on the ice fishing last week. but they all looked skinny. i'll wait a bit more.
Link Posted: 12/26/2021 2:01:32 PM EDT
[#5]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top