Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/13/2021 10:18:14 AM EDT
I am planning on taking my son out for the last late season this weekend(we live in a county that has it) and using my 350 legend upper, 11.25" barrel, on my 9mm pistol lower with a mag well plug. I'm 99% sure this is legal, I even messaged the IDNR with that question citing my overall length is almost 29". They just referred me back to the hunting handbook. Anyone else have any first hand experience with this? Thanks!
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 11:39:01 AM EDT
[#1]
I put a 350L upper on a pistol lower and hunted with it this year.  Didn't get a deer though.
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 11:41:18 AM EDT
[#2]
I've been using my side-charging AR pistol in 300 Blackout with a single-shot sled for quite a few years now.  Just make sure that your rig is set up as a single-shot and you're good to go.  "Single-shot" means that each individual round must be loaded manually.  The function of ejecting the fired shell can happen normally.  A lot of guys think that the gas system must be disabled but that is incorrect.  The regs specify capacity and loading.  How it is unloaded makes no difference.
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 12:03:59 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks for the reassurance guys. I just had a slight doubtful moment.
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 12:50:22 PM EDT
[#4]
I couldn't find a single shot sled for mine so I just made sure I didn't have a magazine in the rifle or on my person while hunting.
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 4:19:35 PM EDT
[#5]
Used one of my .300BLK pistol last two years. i purchased Bobsled mag adapter for single shot requirement. Bobsled works great as it holds bolt open for ease of reload.
just double check your caliber meets requirements as well. i doubt IDNR would be lenient if things go sideways.
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 6:30:23 PM EDT
[#6]
You can also use a mag with a single shot follower. Just don't have any other mags with you.
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 7:38:57 PM EDT
[#7]
Thanks for replies guys! This upper is going on my 9mm glock mag lower, so a 350 legend mag has absolutely no chance of going in it. Thinking about putting a small chunk of wood in the mag well so even a Glock mag won't insert when using it with the 350
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top