Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/12/2023 1:34:44 PM EDT
Topic in GD got me wondering.

I really miss the BST on KSCCW...and wish KS had another option for just KS folks.

I know a few sites tried, but I don't think many of them sustain(ed) any decent traffic.
Link Posted: 1/12/2023 8:00:41 PM EDT
[#1]
I was on.  I still follow the FaceBook version but it's just not the same.  I liked the BST also.
Link Posted: 1/12/2023 9:06:18 PM EDT
[#2]
Not on FB ..so I didn't even know there was still some type of presence!

So...can we use this KS Hometown for BST in KS only....or does all of that BST "have" to go thru the Arf Equipment Exchange?
Link Posted: 1/12/2023 10:55:37 PM EDT
[Last Edit: BlueMax76] [#3]
I believe they would frown upon using this area instead of Equipment Exchange, BUT, if you go to the "stickie" just above this post, you will find

"Kansas Info: Members, clubs, ranges, etc..."

Click on that, and you will go to another page where you will find:

Kansas Equipment Exchange

Click on that and it will sort out stuff for sale just in Kansas. You can then contact Kansas members about their stuff.  You can also post stuff for sale in "Equipment Exchange" and Kansas members can find your stuff the same way.
Link Posted: 1/13/2023 12:32:51 AM EDT
[#4]
Thanks!  Had not seen that before!
Link Posted: 1/13/2023 12:54:29 AM EDT
[#5]
yep, used to be on the old ksccw, and you have to use the EE.  Mo HTF  had a pretty brisk business...until it got shut down.
Link Posted: 1/13/2023 9:21:00 AM EDT
[#6]
I was on KSCCW.  Miss it a lot, especially BST.  Norinco, Kingairdriver, and a few other high volume posters occasionally pop up on ARFCOM.  I bumped into one former poster through EE.

I’ve often thought a hidden Facebook group would be an option, but you have to learn how to be cryptic with selling, a la the whiskey secondary market.
Link Posted: 1/15/2023 1:31:52 PM EDT
[#7]

Yep, I miss that site and all you guys. Hope you're all well!
Link Posted: 1/16/2023 7:03:43 AM EDT
[#8]
I was there.
Link Posted: 1/30/2023 4:39:33 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 2/8/2023 10:09:25 AM EDT
[#10]
Heck..make it a membership only site, and I'll certainly pay a much bigger annual fee than I did there before, just to have a BST (with pretty well vetted buyers) in Kansas again.

Just tried to move a handgun on GunBroker.  A California NR bidder won. (I forgot to exclude certain States...bad mistake). However, gun is not on their roster.  He shoulda known.  Can't do an illegal sale, so fortunately, GB has a quick "out" for that situation.  Had to relist. But what a PITA.

And - Shipping is now thru an FFL unless you really want to take a chance.

Most of my deals via KSCCW were face-to-face anyway.  Met some really good folks.

Link Posted: 2/8/2023 2:03:59 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 2/8/2023 6:44:07 PM EDT
[#12]
I liked the FTF too.  That's how I do it here on ARFCom.  I buy only from Kansas Equipment Exchange, although it doesn't seem to have all the goodies that KSCCW had.  I would chip in something to get it back up.
Link Posted: 2/18/2023 8:00:13 PM EDT
[Last Edit: WillfullyArmed1] [#13]
Guess who?

I find myself quite often opening my browser and typing in ksccw.com... then im sad.

Caleb! Hi.
Link Posted: 2/18/2023 8:43:13 PM EDT
[#14]
Weird to see Iowa....
Link Posted: 2/18/2023 8:45:10 PM EDT
[Last Edit: WillfullyArmed1] [#15]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Norinco982lover:

Yeah, most of my deals were FTF. Made some lifelong friends on there too and there are some I talk to on a daily basis.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Norinco982lover:

Yeah, most of my deals were FTF. Made some lifelong friends on there too and there are some I talk to on a daily basis.

I miss everyone I met on there, genuinely. I texted with Zhudlin the other day to let him know I still loved him.

Bucket220, Norinco, Charlie0369... and all my other ICT homies. I genuinely miss our interactions.

Shit, I even ended up being friends with Zap....pretty much everyone I met on dotcom was a genuine guy. (Gals too, WK.)

Originally Posted By McKenna10:
Weird to see Iowa....

Im in Creston Iowa working for the railroad. Itll be nice being able to afford a bunch of guns ill never have time to shoot. Ruger SFAR 308...amiright?
Link Posted: 2/19/2023 2:00:16 AM EDT
[#16]
Yeah, buddy!  You need to get one of those.
Love my SFAR.
Link Posted: 2/20/2023 12:44:44 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Norinco982lover] [#17]
Link Posted: 2/20/2023 10:44:57 PM EDT
[#18]
Gavin was Warlord.

Link Posted: 5/30/2023 7:32:53 PM EDT
[#19]
Yep, I used to be on ksccw too. Every once in a while I double check it's not back up and running.
Link Posted: 11/4/2023 9:05:20 AM EDT
[#20]
Bit of necro post, but I miss the old KSCCW forum.  Was on there for a while about a decade ago, and then suddenly it didn't seem to work any more.  Good site, both bought and sold more than a couple of things on there.
Link Posted: 11/4/2023 10:30:00 AM EDT
[#21]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top