Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/9/2022 8:59:07 PM EDT
Well, that was a fun ride to work this morning.  Fortunately I leave rather early so I missed the mess that was to come....

How long do you guys think it will take to fix it?

I am gonna say a month.  

Probably doable within two weeks...but.....it's a clown world now, so we shall see.

For those, who, like me don't watch television or listen to corporate radio:

Water Main Break at McClintock ON the US 60

https://www.azfamily.com/2022/05/07/water-main-break-floods-us-60-near-loop-101-tempe/
Link Posted: 5/9/2022 9:29:15 PM EDT
[#1]
I take the 60 every day. My alternatives are one of the 202's. Right now, when it's still cool enough to ride my motorcycle in, it's not a problem.

So, since I'm screwed once I start driving instead of riding, I'll guess it gets hot next week, and they'll take at least three weeks to get it fixed.

On a side note, is there anyone more incompetent than ADOT?? Whomever is running that place, must get millions in kickbacks from the people that build our roads.
Link Posted: 5/9/2022 11:37:51 PM EDT
[#2]
I've lived here all my life, and I've never seen a SLOWER construction pace than whatever ADOT does.  I am constantly amazed that they don't work 24/7...we have the technology for mobile work lights...I've seen it done elsewhere.  Especially in the summer when night would be the best working conditions.  My normal 60 exit is McClintock...so it's going to be a PITA for a while.  If I drive by there at night and don't see people working, I'm going to be super pissed off.  

Link Posted: 5/10/2022 12:49:04 AM EDT
[#3]
Figure on a month and plan for longer routes and even longer drive times.
Link Posted: 5/10/2022 12:59:35 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Figure on a month and plan for longer routes and even longer drive times.
View Quote

I hope your estimate of a month is wrong. Although I believe you're most likely correct.
Link Posted: 5/10/2022 1:03:35 AM EDT
[#5]
3 months. They will need to locate new pipe
Link Posted: 5/10/2022 8:55:50 PM EDT
[#6]
Oh, yesterday wasn't too bad....I must not have been the only un-informed person on the road...

...but today?

Oh yeah, it is gonna get fun out there.  It's fucking bumper cars out there today.
Link Posted: 5/10/2022 8:56:24 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
3 months. They will need to locate new pipe
View Quote
Not gonna lie.  I am pretty sure you will be close to the mark.
Link Posted: 5/10/2022 8:57:58 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I take the 60 every day. My alternatives are one of the 202's. Right now, when it's still cool enough to ride my motorcycle in, it's not a problem.

So, since I'm screwed once I start driving instead of riding, I'll guess it gets hot next week, and they'll take at least three weeks to get it fixed.

On a side note, is there anyone more incompetent than ADOT?? Whomever is running that place, must get millions in kickbacks from the people that build our roads.
View Quote
ADOT is SUPER crooked...BUT...they USED to do a good job on the freeways and kept them smooth and clean.

Those days are long, long gone.  It's run by regular crooks now.
Link Posted: 5/11/2022 1:27:47 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
ADOT is SUPER crooked...BUT...they USED to do a good job on the freeways and kept them smooth and clean.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Can you expand on that?
Link Posted: 5/11/2022 2:01:14 PM EDT
[#10]
I take the US60 every day also. It took me 52 minutes to get home yesterday which usally takes me 22 minutes.

I'm thinking 5 weeks from when it closed only because I'm seeing photos of concrete getting removed. They can use horizontal directional drilling to install a new pipe and abandon the old one.
Link Posted: 5/11/2022 7:54:24 PM EDT
[#11]
Yeah.. it sucks.. i work just north of the 60 on Rural.

My secondary route is 101N to Broadway, but all the accidents and closures have pretty much made that useless every day it seems.

and all the alternative routes are jacked from this too.. It just takes me 30-40 min to get to work now.. normally 15-20.
Link Posted: 5/12/2022 12:05:55 AM EDT
[#12]
Long long time. ADOT is corrupt as politicians. It’s amazing how they can be bought to get contracts . Hiring subs who can do the best and cheapest jobs is a thing of the past.
Link Posted: 5/12/2022 9:27:39 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Can you expand on that?
View Quote
Not really.  Been here since the very early 80s.  I remember the terrible traffic back then.   Then they built a shitload of infrastructure and things smoothed out (if you were outside of Phoenix proper) for a long time.  I can remember driving to Anaheim regularly back in the day and once you got across the AZ/CA border it was like going from glass to off road conditions.  I remember driving around AZ when I got back thinking, "Damn.  We have it GOOD here."

Now?  The 202 and the 101 are already falling apart.  The 60 is a fucking mess.  Etc. Etc.

ADOT, however, has ALWAYS been crooked.  Yet every time someone tried to expose it, the story would just "die awayyyyyy".  It seems that back then, the "good old boy" network probably had the libs in the Repugnant pissed off becasue they weren't getting their slice of the pie.  However, besides (or despite) the back alley deals, the road building got better and better.  But now, those same libs run the show and they are benefiting so it's a new type of silence and ZERO quality control.

Strictly a guess on my part.
Link Posted: 5/15/2022 11:04:07 AM EDT
[#14]
Any around that area?

Would be nice to get a Sunday updated progress picture.
A heartwarming look at all of those men working hard to fix this fast.

Working.
Hard.
All.
Day.

Link Posted: 5/16/2022 12:43:02 AM EDT
[#15]
I drove by there today to take a look...you can still use the McClintock on ramp to access the 101 North.  Wasn't able to take a picture since I was driving and it was behind me, but all the concrete is removed down to dirt across all East/West bound lanes.  Tons of equipment on standby, lots of specialized machines I've never seen before....and not a soul working on anything.  Not like the US 60 is an important artery for anything...take your time, boys.  SMH.
Link Posted: 5/16/2022 1:32:04 AM EDT
[#16]
Just saw on the news, looks like they are reopening EB lanes this week. They showed the paving being done. So hopefully that helps some.

Who knows about WB though.
Link Posted: 5/16/2022 9:04:07 AM EDT
[#18]
Just drove to work on the 60 eastbound.
Is open.
The patch at McClintock is distinctly uneven. But it isn't the usual car jumping stunt ramp AZDOT usually does.
Skipped over it at 80mph without any problems.

Only saw one trooper,  he was going faster than me.
Link Posted: 5/17/2022 12:16:40 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Not really.  Been here since the very early 80s.  I remember the terrible traffic back then.   Then they built a shitload of infrastructure and things smoothed out (if you were outside of Phoenix proper) for a long time.  I can remember driving to Anaheim regularly back in the day and once you got across the AZ/CA border it was like going from glass to off road conditions.  I remember driving around AZ when I got back thinking, "Damn.  We have it GOOD here."

Now?  The 202 and the 101 are already falling apart.  The 60 is a fucking mess.  Etc. Etc.

ADOT, however, has ALWAYS been crooked.  Yet every time someone tried to expose it, the story would just "die awayyyyyy".  It seems that back then, the "good old boy" network probably had the libs in the Repugnant pissed off becasue they weren't getting their slice of the pie.  However, besides (or despite) the back alley deals, the road building got better and better.  But now, those same libs run the show and they are benefiting so it's a new type of silence and ZERO quality control.

Strictly a guess on my part.
View Quote

Arizona roads are a mess. ADOT makes NMDOT look highly competent.
Link Posted: 5/23/2022 6:45:59 AM EDT
[#20]
ABC15 reports the 60 is open both ways now.
Link Posted: 5/23/2022 7:55:12 AM EDT
[#21]
Let's get moving

Cuz I can't dive, 55 ( on the side streets)

Sammy Hagar - I Can't Drive 55 (1984) (Remastered) HQ

Link Posted: 5/23/2022 9:28:09 AM EDT
[#22]
ADOT says it's open on westbound side now, on their Facebook page. Thank God I don't have to take the San Tan 202 anymore!!
Link Posted: 5/23/2022 9:23:52 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
ADOT says it's open on westbound side now, on their Facebook page. Thank God I don't have to take the San Tan 202 anymore!!
View Quote
Confirmed.  I drove it today.  It is open.

Ugh...San Tan 202 WHAT A NIGHTMARE!!!

Link Posted: 5/23/2022 9:29:32 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Confirmed.  I drove it today.  It is open.

Ugh...San Tan 202 WHAT A NIGHTMARE!!!

View Quote
Oh, yeah.

Whenever I drive ST202 East, at Val Vista, I go to the far left lane in my truck.
Because there is always 1-3 people trying to cut in from the middle lane, to get in front of the 8-10 people in the right lane trying to cut in front of the people in the turn off lane.

Link Posted: 5/23/2022 10:28:08 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Oh, yeah.

Whenever I drive ST202 East, at Val Vista, I go to the far left lane in my truck.
Because there is always 1-3 people trying to cut in from the middle lane, to get in front of the 8-10 people in the right lane trying to cut in front of the people in the turn off lane.

View Quote

I almost got rear ended, ran off the road by a douchebag in an Audi, and was tailgated going 85 mph in the HOV lane. On my Harley. I'm pretty sure DPS just says fuck it, and lets it get near Mad Max status before they decide to patrol it. I'm very glad the 60 opened back up.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top