Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/26/2020 3:41:46 PM EDT
I found a truck I am interested in just north of Denver and I am wanting to trade in my truck. How is the used truck market around there or CO. in general, high, low or stagnent?

Here in AZ used trucks are high and usually bring a premium. I prefer to trade it in as I don't have to hassle with selling and I get the discount on taxes. A lot of times here in AZ a lot of people are interested in items for sale but they cannot afford them even at a below appraised value.

Thanks
Link Posted: 2/27/2020 3:43:15 PM EDT
[#1]
It depends on the truck. Toyotas and good diesels command a premium. Anything 2x4 is treated like it has leprosy
Link Posted: 2/27/2020 6:58:19 PM EDT
[#2]
Based on my experiences, trading a truck in is a good way to get raped.

Back in 2015, I was driving a fairly bare bones 2002 2wd F-250 with the gas 5.4 V8.  Had about 65K miles on it, in good shape.  KBB on the truck was about $6000.

When I went to go buy a 2014 F150 to replace it, stealership offered me $3000 in trade.  I laughed in their faces and listed it on craigslist.  Sold it 2 days later for $6250 cash.
Link Posted: 2/27/2020 7:03:35 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 2/27/2020 7:17:23 PM EDT
[#4]
Spradley in FTC.  They are giant pricks.  I only dealt with them because they did give me a good price on the 2014 F150.  Beyond that, avoid them like the plague.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top