Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/30/2021 10:01:30 PM EDT
I'll be 51 in May and my goal is to date and eventually find someone that would be a good match to marry.  I've been reading the horror stories of younger guys dating the screwed up 20 to 30 yo  But I would think that women between 39 and 53 would be more stable, know who they are, what they want, and have realistic goals for a partner.

I remember hearing there are more single women than men in the DC/Baltimore areas.  I'm sure I would have to weed out any SJW crazies.  Anyone have any experience?
Link Posted: 1/31/2021 10:54:04 AM EDT
[#1]
They single for a reason (or many) and have unrealistic expectations.
Link Posted: 1/31/2021 11:02:06 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

QFT

ETA: Can't even count the number of "never married, no kids, ready to settle down and have kids" mid 30s to early 40s types I've come across over the last few months.
Link Posted: 1/31/2021 12:46:00 PM EDT
[#3]
@sconnieVLP might have some good information.
Link Posted: 1/31/2021 4:19:42 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 1/31/2021 5:00:28 PM EDT
[#5]
The DC area has the lowest marriage rate in the country, remains a lead in STDs and yet having less and less sex.....how's that for some terrible stats?
Link Posted: 1/31/2021 5:32:52 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Its a mess.  Highly educated liberals dominate the scene and seems like 25% have law degrees.  Best luck I have had is with women who just moved here and havent been corrupted by DC yet.
View Quote

Don’t forget foreigners! In my experience they are a lot more tolerant of deplorables.
Link Posted: 1/31/2021 6:40:33 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Don’t forget foreigners! In my experience they are a lot more tolerant of deplorables.
View Quote

They tend to be just all around better people, probably b/c they weren't targeted so hard in education and social development.  "Karening" was branded by our very own.
Link Posted: 2/1/2021 9:16:51 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
How is the dating scene around DC area?
View Quote

Probably hot and horny as everyone tries to climb a ladder and exert power over each other.
Link Posted: 2/1/2021 10:48:37 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I'll be 51 in May and my goal is to date and eventually find someone that would be a good match to marry.  I've been reading the horror stories of younger guys dating the screwed up 20 to 30 yo  But I would think that women between 39 and 53 would be more stable, know who they are, what they want, and have realistic goals for a partner.

I remember hearing there are more single women than men in the DC/Baltimore areas.  I'm sure I would have to weed out any SJW crazies.  Anyone have any experience?
View Quote

Define stable, seriously....

I am in that age bracket and your thoughts are very naive, no offense intended. Then again, I thought the same once I became divorced.

Couple all of that with kids, grandkids, ex-husband(s) and you have a mess.

As was previously stated, they're single for a reason.

Be very careful out there, a lot of those women in that age bracket (and others for that matter) are looking for/need a "sponsor".  As I have read and heard about women in their middle ages, it's called the "Land of the broken toys", and it is from what I have seen.

Tread carefully.......
Link Posted: 2/1/2021 12:27:58 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Probably hot and horny as everyone tries to climb a ladder and exert power over each other.
View Quote

Not really, less man-woman sex happening in the area,  but I'll be a bit hippy here and so there's a lot more limitations from fear, indoctrination and endocrine disruptors in play that the "extremely educated" don't recognize.  When 80% of the male bass in a certain river are also laying eggs and "bubba" notices this, but NOVA yuppies could careless meanwhile there is less sex, more STDs, and marriage is nearly impossible .......tell me how everything is not turned upsiude down?
Link Posted: 2/1/2021 8:39:09 PM EDT
[#11]
I was in the DC dating scene circa 2009-2014 in my late forties/early 50s.

My recommendation is to practice meeting women in real life rather than online.

Online offers the illusion of having lots of choices but in reality is that most attractive women online are bombarded with suitors - in real life not so much - most single women seem to have a fantasy of meeting a guy in the supermarket.

If you like dogs they are an excellent way to meet people.  

I was living in western Fairfax and it wasn't ideal for meeting datable women - living in Alexandria or Shirlington would have been be ideal for demographic reasons.
Link Posted: 2/4/2021 11:59:53 AM EDT
[#12]
If you want to meet crazy bitches who tell you they have never had a consensual sexual experience but are looking for free daycare then you’re in luck.
Link Posted: 2/4/2021 5:22:43 PM EDT
[#13]

Link Posted: 2/5/2021 11:54:56 AM EDT
[#14]
Lots of devorcees with baggage.  Many folks males/female all think they're someone and they aren't.  Really is the same trendy "go to breweries/nats games types"  if that isn't your thing you'll get bored of hearing about what they do for a living and that's it.

Also make at least 6 figures or forget it.
Link Posted: 2/5/2021 8:19:44 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 2/7/2021 2:29:14 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
View Quote

This.
A million times over.
Link Posted: 2/7/2021 3:06:20 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 2/8/2021 10:04:37 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 2/10/2021 2:15:59 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View Quote

A buddy of mine at almost 40 is dating like a 24 year old.

The ones in their 39-53 are single or divorced for a reason.
Link Posted: 2/25/2021 11:48:32 PM EDT
[#20]
Don't get me started on the "my kids are about to move on to college, but I want to foster and adopt babies and toddlers!".

Link Posted: 2/27/2021 7:46:35 AM EDT
[#21]
Just rent, it's cheaper in the long run.

You're always paying for sex, but the more important part is that when you rent you are also paying them to go away and leave you alone.
Link Posted: 2/28/2021 2:31:59 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
View Quote

This is so right its not funny.
Link Posted: 2/28/2021 5:27:28 PM EDT
[#23]
I was told today that an hour of driving distance was "the far side of the moon" for someone dating in NoVA... She must be new to the area.
Link Posted: 3/1/2021 12:24:45 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
I was told today that an hour of driving distance was "the far side of the moon" for someone dating in NoVA... She must be new to the area.
View Quote

Seriously - the post office can be half an hour away (3 miles) the wrong time of day!

Damn am I glad I am not in the dating world...

-shooter
Link Posted: 3/1/2021 1:18:17 AM EDT
[#25]
What type of car do you drive?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top