Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/31/2020 12:50:01 AM EDT
I’m driving from here to Jackson tomorrow and will be on I-40 going through Memphis. Obviously if there is drama involved I’ll go a different way but 40 is the quickest route. I’ll check in on this thread when I get closer, 4:00-5:00 Sunday. If anyone local has news on what’s going on there I’d appreciate a heads up.
Link Posted: 5/31/2020 5:08:48 AM EDT
[#1]
2 nights of it but it’s been peaceful so far.
Link Posted: 5/31/2020 8:24:49 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 5/31/2020 4:04:31 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks for the updates.
Link Posted: 6/1/2020 12:22:55 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 6/1/2020 1:14:12 PM EDT
[#5]
Memphis has had it share of bad riots, maybe the memories of the aftermath are keeping them calm.

Lots of talk of outsiders coming in to start trouble.

Peaceful or not, they bridge blockers should be arrested.
Link Posted: 6/1/2020 2:13:01 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 6/1/2020 4:39:27 PM EDT
[#7]
Memphis mayor implemented a curfew from 10-6 beginning tonight.  After last nights peaceful protest, there were several other altercations with law enforcement.  Apparently the person organizing the peaceful protests is being accused as being a law enforcement plant by others who want to be aggressive in their protest.  Take it for what it's worth.
Link Posted: 6/1/2020 9:32:05 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 6/5/2020 12:56:33 PM EDT
[#9]
My brother lives on the Collierville town square in a nice home, surrounded by other nice homes.  The builder in that area just forwarded this to all the residents as a warning.  Looks like I will be standing close by to make sure they don't decided to go into the neighborhood.  I don't think Collierville cops will put up with much.  
Link Posted: 6/6/2020 8:07:17 AM EDT
[#10]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
My brother lives on the Collierville town square in a nice home, surrounded by other nice homes.  The builder in that area just forwarded this to all the residents as a warning.  Looks like I will be standing close by to make sure they don't decided to go into the neighborhood.  I don't think Collierville cops will put up with much.  https://i.imgur.com/vDWHuN6.jpg
View Quote

I know for a fact that the Collierville cops wont put up with any speeding on the way to the protest

There is a protest planned at Booyas, Mexican restaurant across from the Home Depot, this afternoon.  A cashier wrote "black couple" on a receipt.

I doubt things get sporty.  A lot of heavily armed homeowners around here.

Link Posted: 6/6/2020 2:15:49 PM EDT
[#11]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
My brother lives on the Collierville town square in a nice home, surrounded by other nice homes.  The builder in that area just forwarded this to all the residents as a warning.  Looks like I will be standing close by to make sure they don't decided to go into the neighborhood.  I don't think Collierville cops will put up with much.  https://i.imgur.com/vDWHuN6.jpg
View Quote

He ought to have everyone towed who blocks in his driveway.
Link Posted: 6/6/2020 2:38:39 PM EDT
[#12]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top