Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/6/2021 1:37:18 AM EDT
Looking at renting a beach house for a few days.  How is the area?
Link Posted: 5/6/2021 2:17:59 AM EDT
[#1]
Very nice area. Pleasant weather, close to good food and shopping. I'd love to take my child to Lego Land again someday
Link Posted: 5/6/2021 9:23:15 PM EDT
[#2]
One of my favorite cities. Highly recommend it.
Link Posted: 5/13/2021 3:07:01 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Looking at renting a beach house for a few days.  How is the area?
View Quote

If it's close to Carlsbad Village dr....you'll have plenty to do and see within walking distance.

If it's south, like around Palomar airport rd or Poinsettia....you'll probably want to drive/uber to various places.
Bicycles are also great to get around.

I will also recommend the Craftsmanship museum in Carlsbad.
They have a display of dozens of miniture guns that do fire ammunition, as well as other things like cars/boats/airplaves/engines, etc.

https://www.craftsmanshipmuseum.com/

Also see if the Tractor and steam engine museum in Vista is doing any shows during your visit.

https://www.agsem.com/

Breweries and good food  are everywhere.
Karl Strauss is a favorite.
Pizza Port on CVD is great for pizza and beer from the upper deck of the building.
Drive the coast from Oceanside Harbor to La Jolla shores, and stop along the way at various spots.
Self realization center in Encinitas has a beautiful garden/koi ponds, and amazing views from the bluffs. It's located in the back, free to walk in.
The cliffs at Torrey pines glider port.
Caves at La Jolla shores or the tide pools.

Enjoy your visit
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top