Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/27/2021 9:11:33 AM EDT
I've been looking at possibly moving to Idaho. Illinois just made and executive order requiring covid vaccination for healthcare workers. There's an option for weekly testing that I'm concerned will be ignored by my employers, which may force me to move earlier than planned.

Any healthcare workers on here that can tell me an overall sense of the direction the state is going?
Link Posted: 8/27/2021 10:29:34 AM EDT
[#1]
Our largest hospital is requiring the shot by 9/1 or you can kick rocks.
Others will shortly follow suit. No hospital wants to bear responsibility or fight the legal system if there is suspect or claimed transmission to a patient.
Heroes.
Edit - We have a massive shortage of RN's, CNA's, etc.. 155 short as I recall HR talking about. There was a demonstration by about 200 employees against the poke and the hospital ordered a coke, they just don't give a fuck. I will tell you there are employees claiming religious exemption for now. We'll see how that plays out.
Link Posted: 8/27/2021 10:44:00 AM EDT
[#2]
DT.
Link Posted: 8/27/2021 11:18:03 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I've been looking at possibly moving to Idaho. Illinois just made and executive order requiring covid vaccination for healthcare workers. There's an option for weekly testing that I'm concerned will be ignored by my employers, which may force me to move earlier than planned.

Any healthcare workers on here that can tell me an overall sense of the direction the state is going?
View Quote

Fix your state.

Maybe if all the workers go on strike, you  will get what you want.
Link Posted: 8/27/2021 11:54:23 AM EDT
[#4]
We are having our own struggles.... many I know are quitting.
We are not the nation’s escape pod of freedom.
Link Posted: 8/27/2021 4:17:23 PM EDT
[#5]
Thanks for the insight.

It sucks that the hospital systems are already caving there.  I have been looking at Idaho as a possible retirement state based on what I've been seeing about the conservative majority and relative freedom.

Our two hospital systems have managed to keep unions out, so I don't see an organized demonstration or walk out happening.

I've seen a couple lawmakers started the process of cessetion from Chicago and forming a new state. It hasn't gone anywhere, but has major support from south of I-80. Chicago and Cook County control this state and continue to destroy it in a race to the bottom.
Link Posted: 8/28/2021 12:51:40 AM EDT
[#6]
Our local hospital is still not requiring vaccination, for now. We really need nurses as it is, and more than half are not vaccinated.

I'm sure it's a matter of time, though.
Link Posted: 8/31/2021 3:27:32 AM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Our local hospital is still not requiring vaccination, for now. We really need nurses as it is, and more than half are not vaccinated.

I'm sure it's a matter of time, though.
View Quote

This. Move to North Idaho! We are basically staffed by travel nurses. Just not enough here. My neighbor and his wife are both nurses (and vets) and he tells me all the time how they need more people.
The downside is that housing has become so freaking expensive here that many nurses can't afford to stay. I'd venture to say its no more inflated than loony places like Chicago and California.

For the record, he did get the Fauci ouchie and he told me it almost killed him. He was deathly ill for 4 days. Sounds fun. He said no more boosters or anything else. He's done. He did it cause he was coerced and told it was fine.  And can confirm that (as of now) nobody in Idaho is being forced to inject shit into their body without consent.

My uncle is a retired Air Force Cpt. and nurse practitioner and they got him too. He's now having some serious side effects.

Link Posted: 8/31/2021 10:43:12 AM EDT
[#8]
It’s just a matter of time… When Medicare/Medicaid are paying the bills they also make the rules. This is what everyone has been voting for for years.
Link Posted: 9/4/2021 1:14:07 PM EDT
[#9]
Kootenai Health has had mandatory flu vaccines for staff for years. I expect they will have mandatory COVID vaccines before the end of Q4. They’ve already cancelled elective surgery and patient transfers.

They are definitely hiring nurses! Dozens of open positions on http://kh.org
Link Posted: 9/11/2021 10:47:11 PM EDT
[#10]
If they do... there won't be enough staff remaining. It's a skeleton crew as is right now. Also, I doubt the state will mandate it. So we shall see. This last year and a half has been unprecedented to say the least... if it happens here it will happen anywhere. You won't be able to hide.

Other vaccines in the past didn't have the same nefarious guilt tripping and propaganda, or lack of studies done by people who aren't ex Pfizer execs or alphabets that haven't changed their official stance 10x in 3 months. People don't look at Moderna and Pfizer the same as TB or the flu... and they shouldn't. BTW... what happened to the flu?!

BTW, how's the battle in Washington going? Is Inslee getting recalled or what? Just got back from a family reunion in California. Nothing but recall newsom signs as far as the eye can see, but I didn't want to feed their hopium. We know how that story ends.
Link Posted: 9/17/2021 6:44:20 PM EDT
[#11]
nice to hear our hospitals are shooting themselves in the foot when demand for staff is highest

Are they really beyond max capacity and turning people away? That's what my out-of-state relatives are telling me is on the news. I don't watch the news so I wouldn't know.
Link Posted: 10/5/2021 10:29:30 PM EDT
[#12]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
nice to hear our hospitals are shooting themselves in the foot when demand for staff is highest

Are they really beyond max capacity and turning people away? That's what my out-of-state relatives are telling me is on the news. I don't watch the news so I wouldn't know.
View Quote

They are but not for the reasons many think.  The "unvaccinated" is getting all the blame and the lack of staffing/beds is the primary issue.  

Even before COVID, they weren't building enough to keep up with the population growth.  Now add in firing nurses reducing capacity further and you get a fucking shitshow.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top