Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/10/2021 5:28:33 PM EDT
Last week I was driving home early and listening to his show and he had posed the question on how Republican can ever hope to regain any  ground in Colorado following the last election.  It's clear we've been invaded and the state is solidly blue.  What's the strategy if there's even any hope of flipping Colorado back to red?

It got me thinking and remembering what a lot of you on this board have said several times.  Republicans in Colorado are weak and prone to early surrender when they face any kind of spirited competition.  

Case in point with Jason Crow CD6 where I now live.  Mike Coffman just gave up and didn't bother to fight.  I had hoped that if the Republicans had just put up someone decent and possessed a will to fight, Jason Crow would be easy to turn into a 1 term guy.  Since Crow had attended and spoke at the memorial service for Kendrick Castillo along with Bennett with the sole purpose of pushing a gun control agenda on those kids and didn't care about them mourning their classmate and friend, would've made for a perfect attack ad.  Those kids realized what the politicians were doing and they called them out on it that night.  Instead of someone who could compete against Crow, the Republicans surrendered early and put Steve House in as a placeholder and ran a nonexistent campaign.

So what are the options for conservatives in Colorado?

I could only come up with one idea that I think has any chance of success.  The Senate and Governor elections will both be happening in 2022.  Bennett and Polis will both be extremely difficult to beat.  If Colorado Republicans are going to be serious about beating them and winning, they need to stop being mealy-mouthed and go for a bold strategy.  Someone with huge name recognition needs to run in 2022.  Someone like John Elway. I realize he's not the ideal choice, but can anyone think of a Republican in Colorado with as big of name recognition as him?  He just stepped down from the GM role with the Broncos and is taking a back seat, so the time is right for him.  Running for Governor as opposed to Senator is likely the best choice for Elway.  It's time for the Republicans to put up and go big or shut up and surrender Colorado for good.
Link Posted: 2/10/2021 8:59:08 PM EDT
[#1]
They have been born to lose fucktards for many many years now    Hick was such a beatable tool, and all they did was roll over and pee like a puppy.  Oh wait, they sent out emails begging for money

I don't think there is any hope whatsoever.   After the potheads gave all branches to the Dems, their first priority was the all-mail ballot.   As we have seen since then, and the nation has seen in 2020, election results are a foregone conclusion afterwards.  

For now, I trust that El Paso Cty runs an honest election, but am not fooled for a moment that it matters in the big picture.  

FUCK

ETA:    Mike Ditka was going to save IL from FBHO, yeah how did that work out?
Link Posted: 2/10/2021 9:28:01 PM EDT
[#2]
They’re never gonna recover. This state is on life support at this point.
Link Posted: 2/11/2021 1:00:08 AM EDT
[#3]
The R Party here was doomed by '12 because there were too many people like Caplis in it.  There still are, and it's too late.  It still wouldn't have lasted much longer, but something is better than nothing.
Link Posted: 2/11/2021 11:42:40 AM EDT
[#4]
Ok, i don't disagree with the others, but be honest here

THAT WORLD IS DEAD

dead and gone and it's time for you to bury it and move on.  

The republicans were always controlled opposition, they are now too, but now they are going to have to cheat enough ballots to actually get a few "republicans" to win.   The voting has been exposed as an utter farce.   Voting harder gets you nothing, there is no party that represents you.  

walk away, the entire system is broken and not repairable.
Link Posted: 2/11/2021 12:28:21 PM EDT
[#5]
One the Republican candidates did not even bother to fill out his website with useful information or share his viewpoints with any media. I'm pretty sure is was Shane Bolling. With that type of lack luster effort, what do they expect? He probably didn't have much of a chance to unseat DeGette, but that shouldn't matter. At least put forth a valiant effort.
Link Posted: 2/11/2021 12:40:22 PM EDT
[#6]
At this point I'm looking for a new party. Republican politicians are by and large no longer conservatives so it looks like the long game with a truly conservative party is the only way.
Link Posted: 2/11/2021 12:55:23 PM EDT
[#7]
Honestly, I would like to see the Libertarian party take their place.  Republicans and Democrats are two sides of the same coin.  Both bought and paid for by different special interests.  Moderate Libertarians line up well with a large percentage of the state and a real libertarian is good for gun rights
Link Posted: 2/11/2021 2:41:12 PM EDT
[#8]
I changed to independent nov 10, 2020 after changing to republican july 2020.   Before that I was libertarian.  I am moving farther and farther away from both of those parties and their "policies".  I will never vote for a dem or a liberal but I can't continue to be a part of the repubs or libers any longer. They are weak, ignorant and completely out of touch.
Link Posted: 2/11/2021 7:39:24 PM EDT
[#9]
I thought of one thing that could do it, but I don't advocate it and it won't happen.  Repeal the 19th.  We'd still be almost purple/light red.  
Link Posted: 2/12/2021 2:05:28 PM EDT
[#10]
Cannot be done. The gang of four didn't just pump money into the liberal cause, they engineered a political system shift such that it will be impossible to "swing" the state in its true direction, which it was until mail in voting (convenient): red.

Watch this documentary "Rocky Mountain Heist" on how they stole the state and set it up so they could never be ousted through systemic means.

https://vimeo.com/108489041
Link Posted: 2/13/2021 11:06:53 PM EDT
[#11]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Cannot be done. The gang of four didn't just pump money into the liberal cause, they engineered a political system shift such that it will be impossible to "swing" the state in its true direction, which it was until mail in voting (convenient): red.

Watch this documentary "Rocky Mountain Heist" on how they stole the state and set it up so they could never be ousted through systemic means.

https://vimeo.com/108489041
View Quote

I was just going to post that video, did not see it until about a year ago after polis was already in power. It blew my mind. The same thing is going on in TX... If they manage to flip texas then its game over.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top