User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 11/28/2018 10:32:40 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I've given it more than a passing thought.  The logistics of getting the family on board... maybe if they get a little more uncomfortable with Oregon becoming another California governed by two Brown stains...
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Quoted:

GTFO of the Peoples Republic of Oregon.

We need more gun owning conservatives here.
I've given it more than a passing thought.  The logistics of getting the family on board... maybe if they get a little more uncomfortable with Oregon becoming another California governed by two Brown stains...
I left Or-e-gun in 1990 before coming to MT, and then based on my USFS work, been in or immediately next door in ID until 2009 when an assignment took me back east with a permanent return in 2012. When in Idaho I was in & out of western MT on a regularly basis, except for 2002-2003, for work & personal business, so I've seen Western MT change over time.  The last few years the change has occurred faster.

I was last back to OR in 2002 for a training session in Portland, and had an encounter with some feral gang of kids along the river walk. I stared them down and they backed off. I need to go back to OR for a visit next year to see friends I worked & went to school with, and see how much the Willamette Valley's gone down hill.

OR Gov. Tom McCall once said "Don't Californicate Oregon". I think he's revolving in his grave.

Regarding only the west side getting growth, Helena and Bozeman have changed dramatically.  I think any of the "island" cities (my term for the major cities in MT surrounded by all the open country, will see continued growth.
Link Posted: 11/29/2018 4:27:18 AM EDT
[#2]
My Wife and I left Oregon in 1989 when I was transferred to Hawaii, I ended up on the other side of the world in Jan 1991 and once that mess was over with, settled back in WA, then left WA in 97 and have lived full time in MT since then.  Last time I was in OR/WA was three years ago when my Dad passed away and have no plans to go back ever again.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top