Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/4/2020 12:36:36 AM EDT
I know there were a couple of protests this weekend.  How did it go?
I understand that there was suppose to be a boat protest in Governor's bay in Madison.  Did alot of boats show up?
Link Posted: 5/4/2020 12:26:36 PM EDT
[#1]
I was at the one in Brookfield again on Saturday. There were maybe 400 people this time, much smaller than the previous one that had 1K to 2K people. I don't know if it was because of the much nicer weather and maybe people were doing yard work or other things? Either way, it was disappointing. I guess people are getting complacent with being shutdown or just don't care anymore. This will just make it easer and easier for Govt. to do it again during the next "crisis".
Link Posted: 5/4/2020 1:34:11 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By jrpett:
I was at the one in Brookfield again on Saturday. There were maybe 400 people this time, much smaller than the previous one that had 1K to 2K people. I don't know if it was because of the much nicer weather and maybe people were doing yard work or other things? Either way, it was disappointing. I guess people are getting complacent with being shutdown or just don't care anymore. This will just make it easer and easier for Govt. to do it again during the next "crisis".
View Quote

I think more people are done with protesting and just going about their lives as they see fit. Still a big FU to Evers.
Link Posted: 5/4/2020 3:34:58 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By 6SJ7GT:

I think more people are done with protesting and just going about their lives as they see fit. Still a big FU to Evers.
View Quote

If the amount of people in the Northwoods this weekend was any indication you would be correct. Northern Marinette County is a weekend   playground loaded with cabin people and things were busy with the ATV trails open. The parking lots by the bars were jammed full. Absolutely zero social distance being kept. There were cabin people at almost every camp. Fishing season brought out the other wave. From what I saw nobody really gave a shit about a virus and honestly how could one blame them after all our numbers for positive cases are low. Keeping this area business shut down may or may not help and only time will tell. On a positive note (pun intended) only three more weeks...
Link Posted: 5/5/2020 5:52:47 AM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By 6SJ7GT:

I think more people are done with protesting and just going about their lives as they see fit. Still a big FU to Evers.
View Quote

Thats thw way I see it.  

Link Posted: 5/5/2020 8:37:18 AM EDT
[#5]
It was opening weekend of fishing season too... and they were all up north. It seemed that way in Eagle River too.
Link Posted: 5/5/2020 6:11:57 PM EDT
[#6]
It did seem like every numbered highway I was on this weekend had boats moving on it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top