Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/3/2020 10:35:22 PM EDT
Those bastards are invading my neighborhood and tearing up some very expensive landscaping. I'm about to shoot a bunch of them but, really don't feel like processing the meat. Many years ago, I had a phone number of some folks that would come get them and donate the meat to shelters. I've since lost those contacts. I'm in Alachua county.
Link Posted: 1/3/2020 11:35:19 PM EDT
[#1]
What part of Florida?

Have gun. Will travel.(maybe)
Link Posted: 1/4/2020 12:09:00 AM EDT
[#2]
I am in Jax, have gun, will travel, will kill and have processed
Link Posted: 1/4/2020 6:06:23 AM EDT
[#3]
Any alligator farms/attractions in your area?
Link Posted: 1/4/2020 9:40:50 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Any alligator farms/attractions in your area?
View Quote
+1

google alligator farms the ones i used to know would take everything you offered. maybe different now, maybe purina makes a "gator chow" now.
Link Posted: 1/4/2020 9:48:11 AM EDT
[#5]
Coyotes seem to love them
Link Posted: 1/4/2020 12:53:13 PM EDT
[#6]
Be great if you could hook up with a homeless shelter for veterans and put that meat to good use
Link Posted: 1/4/2020 3:25:19 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Be great if you could hook up with a homeless shelter for veterans and put that meat to good use
View Quote
That's exactly what I'm looking for but, I don't have time to do the transporting.
Link Posted: 1/5/2020 12:31:38 PM EDT
[#8]
I also have hunting rifles and will travel and I'll bring home everything I shoot.
Link Posted: 1/5/2020 12:34:01 PM EDT
[#9]
Thanks everyone. I've got the killing part covered. I just a way to dispose of them.
Link Posted: 1/5/2020 1:21:13 PM EDT
[#10]
Where are you located?
Link Posted: 1/5/2020 1:43:48 PM EDT
[#11]
I am sure St Francis House or Dignity Village would take ‘em.    ??
Link Posted: 1/5/2020 5:55:38 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
View Quote
Wild hogs?  I'd be skeptical.

But then again I'm consistently wrong about most things
Link Posted: 1/5/2020 5:55:39 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Where are you located?
View Quote
Gainesville
Link Posted: 1/5/2020 5:56:30 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I am sure St Francis House or Dignity Village would take 'em.    
View Quote
Going to call SFH tomorrow. Never head of DV. Will look them up. Thanks!
Link Posted: 1/6/2020 8:24:47 PM EDT
[#15]
Contact FWC. they usually have charititys that accept confiscated game.
Link Posted: 1/6/2020 8:26:42 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Contact FWC. they usually have charititys that accept confiscated game.
View Quote
Spoke with three different people from there today. Not much help. One woman took my contact info and said she would ask around and get back to me if she could find me some help.
Link Posted: 1/9/2020 9:01:19 AM EDT
[#17]
I checked with our AG guys they have no sources or go to people that wants them. If there was go to people they should have had infomation. There is a big cat preserve in the NE corner of county on CR 225 they did not mention that i remember driving by it seems like feeding big cats would be expensive and they may have an interest. Although it seems like a waste of meat they are a damn pest you may just have to treat them as such could use as bait for a coyote killing operation and add to your carcass collection.
Link Posted: 1/10/2020 7:21:42 PM EDT
[#18]
That would be Carson Springs Wildlife Conservation Foundation
Link Posted: 1/11/2020 11:01:03 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
I checked with our AG guys they have no sources or go to people that wants them. If there was go to people they should have had infomation. There is a big cat preserve in the NE corner of county on CR 225 they did not mention that i remember driving by it seems like feeding big cats would be expensive and they may have an interest. Although it seems like a waste of meat they are a damn pest you may just have to treat them as such could use as bait for a coyote killing operation and add to your carcass collection.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
That would be Carson Springs Wildlife Conservation Foundation
Thanks. I will call them.
Link Posted: 1/11/2020 10:12:14 PM EDT
[#20]
Shoot them and leave in field? Thought that was SOP.
Link Posted: 1/12/2020 7:51:59 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Shoot them and leave in field? Thought that was SOP.
View Quote
Beat me to it (barely )

Just leave them. Why risk getting any diseases or blood all over your truck or any of that nonsense?
Link Posted: 1/14/2020 1:33:33 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Beat me to it (barely )

Just leave them. Why risk getting any diseases or blood all over your truck or any of that nonsense?
View Quote
Because I'm shooting them in my neighborhood. Like in my front yard. And my neighbor's yards.
Link Posted: 1/15/2020 9:56:27 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Gainesville
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Where are you located?
Gainesville
I am here and am ready to go to work.  Just give me the heads up and I'll be there.  I've been here a year and a half and still haven't taken a hog.
Link Posted: 1/15/2020 10:11:30 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
I am here and am ready to go to work.  Just give me the heads up and I'll be there.  I've been here a year and a half and still haven't taken a hog.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Where are you located?
Gainesville
I can't bring in anyone else since it's a residential hood. Everyone knows me and has given me permission through the HOA to enter their property and shoot them. Good to know you're local though. Shoot me a PM. Always good to meet fellow arfcommers.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top