User Panel

Posted: 8/27/2018 6:57:43 PM EDT
I have reservations to stay there in two weeks and am just about to
cancel due to red tide. But I want to know if that is a rash move
or not.

Edit:
Well mote does not give it very high marks right now so I went ahead and
canceled. Spending over 500 dollars for a couple nights of nasty smells and
potential respiratory irritations would sure be a waste of money.
Link Posted: 8/27/2018 8:58:33 PM EDT
[#1]
Usually a beautiful beach, but a wise choice. The bayou that flows into Sarasota Bay where I work is filled with countless little white flecks. On closer look, you can see them wriggling. Also lots of rotting redfish. I can see just barely Lido from where I work. They've cleaned a lot, but I'm not going near the water for a while, and I love swimming.
Link Posted: 8/28/2018 2:01:46 PM EDT
[#2]
Any beach in Sarasota/Manatee county is shit right now.  It literally stinks like rotting fish when I walk out of my house some days depending on the wind and I live about 5 miles from the beach.  This year has been terrible, we haven't made it to the beach but once this summer and it was very early in the season.
Link Posted: 8/28/2018 6:02:02 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 8/28/2018 6:46:10 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks for the input, makes me feel much better about my decision.

I love it down there, we had taken a motorcycle ride down there about 5 months ago
and put the reservations in then. I was only concerned about the weather. Never even
gave a thought about red tide. It is my Birthday month and is kind of a annual thing.

But all is well. I will be having a good time at the house of the Dirty Rat instead. We have
annual passes now because of the Grand Daughter and will put them to good use. My
wife already made dinner reservations and fast passes. Maybe next year it will be better.
Link Posted: 8/28/2018 10:11:28 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 8/29/2018 4:15:04 AM EDT
[#6]
We just got back from 4 days at our condo near the north end of StPete beach near Blind pass. Zero dead fish and beautiful clear blue water.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top