Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/27/2020 7:23:15 PM EDT
Covid, the election bullshit, the bombing in Nashville and now no cell service for days in many areas. How about a pause for the cause?  

Here's why many of us choose to live in TN, IMO. Tellico Plains, TN. About 75ish miles NE of Chattanooga. Home of the Cherohala Skyway. Peace and quiet. Tranquil. Just what I needed and off I went on the bike today.

This view is about a 1/2 mile from the town square. If you hit the right spot, you can see for miles.

Attachment Attached File

This house in the right of the pic? Built in 1903, according to the current owner. There's several houses like this there. Beautiful.
Attachment Attached File

Just by walking across the street from the first house, there's this view.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/27/2020 7:31:39 PM EDT
[#1]
Is it just me or can I see slipping out the back door of one of these homes & going bow hunting up on the hills in one's very own backyard?

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

I didn't have my good telephoto lens with me as I was on my bike, but I just LOVE this house! Several of the locals have mentioned of some Hollywood superstar who lives in the area but they won't tell me whom it is. That's both cool and disappointing. I wonder if this is their house? Not often one sees brick on the ends & wood on the front & (I suppose) rear.

Attachment Attached File

I know I'm very thankful to live in this part of TN, away from the madness of the large cities and the traffic. For those looking for a weekend getaway for the spousal unit, there's boatloads of cabins right on the river there. Beautiful drives in the country, plenty of places to hike and picnic.

Thanks for looking.
Link Posted: 12/29/2020 11:54:42 AM EDT
[#2]
TN is home to shit tons of Hollywood/Musical types.  There is one that lives in BFE between Fayetteville and Lynchburg; we inadvertently went by his house once due to a truck wreck on Hwy 50 to Lynchburg.  A lot of them are ID'd on Google Earth if you have the "Community" button clicked.  This one isn't however, so I won't mention the name.  I'm sure most here would know it.
Link Posted: 12/30/2020 1:58:29 PM EDT
[#3]
With a little poking around, you can find out who owns what real estate in Tennessee here.

Get in the neighborhood and then use GIS search.
Link Posted: 12/30/2020 4:27:54 PM EDT
[#4]
I don’t have much of a view from the front of my house but pretty nice out the back.

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 12/30/2020 4:32:06 PM EDT
[#5]
For a more natural look instead of man made here are a few from my local area. Upper Cumberland area has some beautiful spots.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 12/31/2020 4:02:10 PM EDT
[#7]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top