Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/27/2022 7:21:16 PM EDT
WOW!

Shootout in Houston with three HPD officers injured. Non-life threatening wounds per TV.

Gunman is holed up in some 5th ward apartment bleeding from the neck.

Video is showing grey Charger crashing out & bad guy blazing away at the officers with a full auto glock.

Perp has a long criminal history -  surprise surprise!

Prayers out for those brave officers!
Link Posted: 1/27/2022 7:28:21 PM EDT
[#1]
Those are everywhere in crimes, but ATF is going to round up forced reset triggers.
Link Posted: 1/27/2022 7:44:39 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
WOW!

Shootout in Houston with three HPD officers injured. Non-lifethreatening woulds per TV.

Gunman is holed up in some 5th ward apartment bleeding from the neck.

Video is showing grey Charger crashing out & bad guy blazing away at the officers with a full auto glock.

Perp has a long criminal history -  surprise surprise!

Prayers out for those brave officers!
View Quote

You can thank Kim Ogg and the Beto judges for career criminals not being locked up, and sent back on the street to act the next victims.
Link Posted: 1/27/2022 8:31:34 PM EDT
[#3]
I inadvertently duped a similar thread in G.D.

https://www.ar15.com/forums/general/BREAKING-3-HPD-Officers-shot-near-down-town-Houston/5-2525778/?r=97020617&page=3&anc=97020617#i97020617

Sorry - just some exciting shit going down in H-Town.
Link Posted: 1/28/2022 10:27:21 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

You can thank Kim Ogg and the Beto judges for career criminals not being locked up, and sent back on the street to act the next victims.
View Quote

Wonder how many cops have to die before they do something about it?

Houston is #1 for homicides so far this year.

Link Posted: 1/28/2022 12:07:58 PM EDT
[#5]

From one of the videos.  Storm trooper paint scheme chassis system w/ extended stick mag in this capture.

Edit: for his second, on the run gun.

Video of shootout with Houston police in which three officers were shot

Link Posted: 1/28/2022 12:13:31 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/408302/latino-lootie-2257488.jpg

From one of the videos.  Storm trooper paint scheme chassis system w/ extended stick mag in this capture.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yZOISwoUtvg
View Quote

That's not the Glock. Different "Carbine". Glock is pictured below. He is in custody now.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/28/2022 12:20:58 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

That's not the Glock. Different "Carbine". Glock is pictured below. He is in custody now.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/240436/271650587_1111783466286260_3440262316532-2257503.JPG
View Quote

The NYPD shooter also had a drum mag with his Glock 45.
Link Posted: 1/28/2022 12:33:38 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/240436/271650587_1111783466286260_3440262316532-2257503.JPG
View Quote

I do like the orange/red switch. That's a nice touch highlighting your opportunity to go federal.
Link Posted: 1/28/2022 7:15:42 PM EDT
[#9]
Man, I am so glad that the wounds were relatively minor (two officers already out of hospital)

was it a 9mm Glock?  

ball ammo maybe?

BIGGER_HAMMER
Link Posted: 1/29/2022 12:36:58 AM EDT
[#10]
Wonder what happened to the cop that ran out of frame.
Link Posted: 1/29/2022 12:41:50 PM EDT
[#11]
The suspect printed his own auto-switches. Wonder if he supplied any of the others tried to recent crimes (and murder of an HPD officer?).  Since he was already under investigation....

https://abc13.com/ghost-gun-3d-printed-parts-3-officers-shot-in-houston-roland-caballero/11519233/
Link Posted: 1/29/2022 9:42:36 PM EDT
[#12]
Gee, I hope the Cartels that can afford anything, don't set up a few dozen 3D Printers in Mexico to make those Switches & give them away free inside each Kilo a dealer buys, like a CrackerJack prize ...

BIGGER_HAMMER
Link Posted: 1/29/2022 11:21:35 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Gee, I hope the Cartels that can afford anything, don't set up a few dozen 3D Printers in Mexico to make those Switches & give them away free inside each Kilo a dealer buys, like a CrackerJack prize ...

BIGGER_HAMMER
View Quote

The Mexican Cartels have no reason to run U.S. guns over the border, they are big enough, powerful enough and wealthy enough to build their own firearms.
Link Posted: 1/29/2022 11:29:44 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
The Mexican Cartels have no reason to run U.S. guns over the border, they are big enough, powerful enough and wealthy enough to build their own firearms.
View Quote

You got his joke backwards so many ways.
Link Posted: 1/29/2022 11:43:02 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah, I got it. Thing is most of these gang banging criminals are not even smart enough to have the same types of ammo in a gun. They can bare figure out they need 9mm ammo. They certainly not smart enough to install a full auto switch and get it to work.
Link Posted: 1/31/2022 11:23:21 PM EDT
[#16]
One of my co-workers did a traffic stop in Harris County last week and recovered a Glock with a full auto back plate switch. The thing is, the switch was machined out of brass... and the brass was still every bit as shiny as gold.

It was totally untarnished and still fresh and un-oxidized.

Basically, it had just been manufactured.

I'm all about the 2nd not being infringed upon for any reason, and in theory I support the ability of every LAW abiding AMERICAN citizen to own full auto grenade launchers (I want a Mark 19 myself), but Houston has had a real problem as of late with felonious illegal aliens with cartel connections who have access to more firepower than the average turd.

I recovered a "ghost gun AR-15" a month ago with M855 green tip ammo in it, and a co-worker recovered an AR-15 last week with a brass catcher installed. I know a brass catcher is a $15 amazon part, but that's the first time in my career that I've seen one and it shows a greater sophistication than I'm used to seeing from criminals that usually aren't smart enough to be able to tie their shoes...
Link Posted: 1/31/2022 11:33:57 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/408302/latino-lootie-2257488.jpg

Edit: for his second, on the run gun.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yZOISwoUtvg
View Quote

How would that have turned out if any of the responding officers had a shotgun or a patrol carbine?
Link Posted: 2/1/2022 2:44:13 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

How would that have turned out if any of the responding officers had a shotgun or a patrol carbine?
View Quote

This.

Even a lever action 30-30 or a bolt action 223 changes the fighting dynamic.

Link Posted: 2/9/2022 6:08:17 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Wonder what happened to the cop that ran out of frame.
View Quote

He was shot in the strong side elbow, rendering him  unable to access his duty pistol from the holster.

running was the best play in that situation as it precluded him being a lability to his partners.
Link Posted: 2/9/2022 6:15:04 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View Quote

Likely the same.

One of the officers (I believe the one shot in the foot) advised during debrief that he had lined up for a shot on the suspect as the suspect was fleeing but intentionally chose not to take it as there were people in the immediate background behind the suspect.

The suspect was, at somepoint shot in the neck and wounded.
Link Posted: 2/9/2022 6:27:20 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
One of my co-workers did a traffic stop in Harris County last week and recovered a Glock with a full auto back plate switch. The thing is, the switch was machined out of brass... and the brass was still every bit as shiny as gold.

It was totally untarnished and still fresh and un-oxidized.

Basically, it had just been manufactured.

I'm all about the 2nd not being infringed upon for any reason, and in theory I support the ability of every LAW abiding AMERICAN citizen to own full auto grenade launchers (I want a Mark 19 myself), but Houston has had a real problem as of late with felonious illegal aliens with cartel connections who have access to more firepower than the average turd.

I recovered a "ghost gun AR-15" a month ago with M855 green tip ammo in it, and a co-worker recovered an AR-15 last week with a brass catcher installed. I know a brass catcher is a $15 amazon part, but that's the first time in my career that I've seen one and it shows a greater sophistication than I'm used to seeing from criminals that usually aren't smart enough to be able to tie their shoes...
View Quote

Glock full auto back plates are becoming increasingly common.

HPD had another officer killed by a suspect with a full auto Glock several months ago.

Most of the Glock Auto back plates we are seeing in my city are made in China and illegally imported by being falsely declared as airsoft gun parts or as non gun related items on the Customs declarations.

The other gun this subject had appears to have been a 3d printed pistol caliber carbine of some type, possibly an FCG9 pattern.

We are seeing an increase in 80% built specifically for resale to prohibited persons. Mostly P80 pattern Glocks.  the builders will set up "shop" in a hotel room, build a dozen or so 80% and offer them for sale via the same social media methods used for narcotics . they usually sell out in a couple hours, pack up and are out of the hotel room the same day.
Link Posted: 2/9/2022 6:34:53 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Yeah, I got it. Thing is most of these gang banging criminals are not even smart enough to have the same types of ammo in a gun. They can bare figure out they need 9mm ammo. They certainly not smart enough to install a full auto switch and get it to work.
View Quote

How much first hand experience do you have with "gang banging criminals?'

They are a bell curve like any other group, some ignorant and/ or dumb rocks and some are little genius / MacGyver's.

Most people in third world countries have smart phones as do even "poor" people in the US. IME poor kids have accessed tech differently (more via smart phones  than laptops or desktops) but you would be surprised how tech savvy they are.

Link Posted: 2/10/2022 12:47:59 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Likely the same.

One of the officers (I believe the one shot in the foot) advised during debrief that he had lined up for a shot on the suspect as the suspect was fleeing but intentionally chose not to take it as there were people in the immediate background behind the suspect.

The suspect was, at somepoint shot in the neck and wounded.
View Quote

It really says something of the professionalism that even after being hosed with fully automatic gunfire, the Officer had the presence of mind to be careful of his backstop on the fleeing felon.

Also it might seem a bad media optic - narrative if a "fleeing subject was shot in the back" (notwithstanding the previous violent attack with an illegal machine gun against the officers literally seconds before)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top