Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/24/2021 12:39:40 PM EDT
I've posted in MT Hometown about my family's desire to move to the Flathead area previously.

Well, after a long year of fixing up a rental condo to sell and working on our house in the Minneapolis suburbs, we hit our first major milestone in our move. We got listing pictures taken yesterday and are on track to have this place on the market next week! This house is expected to go fast and for well above asking. We're in a desireable neighborhood in a desireable city (Lord knows why) and there are expected to be no other houses up next weekend within about 6 blocks of us. Basically a perfect storm in our favor if it all works out.

Wife and I are leaving the little one with her nanny in a few weekends and making a trip out to go through some properties with a realtor.

There's currently a handful of properties on the market that fit our criteria, although most of them don't have as much land as I want. Ideally we'd get into somewhere between 15-20 acres but we very likely may have to settle on something with 4-10 acres. Oh well, that's life. At least we'll be out of this cess pool of manufactured racial division, extreme leftist government policies and critical race theory educations in schools.

If all goes well we should be able to make the permanent move sometime in June. Early July at the latest. We're so excited to be out of here I can't even stand it!

Link Posted: 4/24/2021 2:38:24 PM EDT
[#1]
I hope things go very smoothly for you!

You seem like a good fit for this State.
Link Posted: 4/29/2021 9:23:30 AM EDT
[#2]
welcome aboard.

getting to be a decent number of Flatheaders.

holler if you need any help while moving; my schedule is a bit chaotic, but I can usually squeeze a little time.
Link Posted: 4/29/2021 11:42:16 AM EDT
[#3]
Welcome and good luck with the house/property hunt. I don’t envy anyone that is buying in this market. Nice time of the year to come to MT. But then again, it’s always nice to be here.
Link Posted: 4/29/2021 12:56:50 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
welcome aboard.

getting to be a decent number of Flatheaders.

holler if you need any help while moving; my schedule is a bit chaotic, but I can usually squeeze a little time.
View Quote

Thanks! We'll see how much we do. Wife is pretty set on getting movers for the majority of the lifting. I think we could do it with a U-Haul. She'll probably win in the end.
Link Posted: 4/29/2021 1:02:49 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Welcome and good luck with the house/property hunt. I don’t envy anyone that is buying in this market. Nice time of the year to come to MT. But then again, it’s always nice to be here.
View Quote

Ya, seeing what properties sold for as little as 3 years ago in the area is a bit depressing. On the flip side, we're expecting a ridiculously high price for our current house so it's a relative thing too.

We were out last fall and covered Billings through Bozeman, Butte and Missoula all the way up to Kalispell and then back through Helena, down through Yellowstone and Red Lodge and back to Billings. The Beartooth Pass at sunset was stunning with the smoky air from fires.

Kalispell seemed to fit the bill the best for us. This time we're flying into Kalispell and covering suitable properties in and around the valley itself. Hope we find something because I have no doubt our current house will be under contract!
Link Posted: 5/15/2021 2:16:47 AM EDT
[#6]
Well, we saw 13 properties anywhere from Marion in the SW to Columbia Falls in the NE. We were also over in the Creston area and down to Bigfork.

Placed an offer on one of the few Kila offerings but that seller doesn’t seem to want to sell and then placed another offer on our backup choice a few nights ago. There was one more offer on it that we knew about and the seller got a 3rd offer yesterday. They discussed the offers and came back this morning and accepted our offer over the others!We’re officially under contract to buy our piece of the Montana dream. Should be out there permanently by the end of June if all goes according to plan.

I’m over this place I grew up in and called home my whole life (minus a stint in the Army). Minnesota is beautiful in its own way, but that beauty is tempered by the overwhelming leftist influence on the entire state. They’re everywhere in local/state government, schools, stores, everything is infiltrated by the scum of leftism.

No more BLM marches past my house. No more thinly veiled Antifa threats on social media. Hell, very few cars will be passing my new house and the deer outnumber the neighbors.
Link Posted: 5/15/2021 11:58:21 AM EDT
[#7]
Congrats! So did you end up with something in the Kila area? We really want to find property in the Creston area once things come down.
Link Posted: 5/15/2021 11:54:23 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Congrats! So did you end up with something in the Kila area? We really want to find property in the Creston area once things come down.
View Quote

We’ll be towards the SW side of the valley. Call me crazy but I wanted to be high and dry, away from any potential flood zone by the river—not that it’s really been a problem in the recent past, nor is it likely to be in the future.

We liked a few homes over around Creston and down to Bigfork but man, sellers sure want you to pay for them right now. The whole valley seems to be, but I think we struck a good balance for what we got.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top